The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

IA build help

nbksaske
nbksaske
✭✭✭
Helloo

So me and a buddy got to arc 3 final boss quite quickly last night, and thats where it fell apart on my part.
she was tanking and i was on a one bar sorc running the usual sets in the YT videos.

Could i swap 5 light 2 medium to 5 heavy 2 light? and if so, what sets are useful?

TIA
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 29 December 2023 15:14

Best Answer

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am on a heavysorc using leeching and azureblight and one piece crit. Have soloed into arc 6 with it
    Soupy twist
    Answer ✓
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my sorc I'm using:
    - 4 armor pieces Alessian Order (magicka, divine)
    - 1 armor piece (chest) Sergeant’s Mail (magicka, divine)
    - head Alessian Order (magicka, divine)
    - shoulder Slimecraw (light, magicka, divine)
    - weapon Sergeant’s Mail Lightning Staff (precise, shock damage)
    - Necklace and 1 ring Sergeant’s Mail (bloodthirsty, spell damage)
    - Oakensoul ring (bloodthirsty, spell damage)

Use Unstable Wall Of Elements, Degeneration (entropy morph), Hardened Ward, Bound Aegis, Twilight Matriarch

GL !!
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4-5 heavy and 30k health will probably be the sweet spot for damage and survivability. As far as what you wouldn't have to farm, you could craft up 5-piece Aetherial Ascension and you'll feel pretty immortal. Or Heavy Order's Wrath for more damage.

IMO, you don't need damage for Arcs 1-2 because the enemies are squishy. But by Arcs 3-4, they're tankier but will also punch you into a fine pulp, so there's a minimum required level of tankiness that goes up and up with each Arc.

Nothing has more than 9k armor except Tho'at, so you don't need to prioritize penetration that much, if at all (so if your friend is using Puncture, you're pretty much good).

You have to block marauder light attacks, especially Gothmau. Probably can't shield through him, even at low arcs.

Skills are pretty personal, but I recommend at least Wall of Elements, Twilight heal for your friend, and a damage shield (class or undaunted). For the last two, you could slot Surge for the passive self-healing. Of course Bound Aegis, Flare, Resolving Vigor would all be good for the buffs.

Other tricks? Ummm 1) The CP that gives you health recovery based on your unused ult is pretty clutch. 2) Bracing Anchor CP is also really helpful for marauders. 3) I think Absorption Field's duration is buffed by the Vision that buffs heal-over-time durations. Not sure if it makes the stun longer ... worth a try for science?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner