Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New install on Sonoma 14.1.2 32G (Mac Studio) aborts with "corrupt & delete" message

MatarRebel
MatarRebel
✭✭
Trying to install latest download on new Mac Studio running 14.1.2, 32G RAM (Mac Studio). Installer starts and gets to the first (or second) ESO dialog, then borks out with message that installer "is corrupted and will be deleted". Tried about 8 times over last 2 weeks, same issue every time. No 3rd party A/V. Trying to install to external storage since I don't want to consume all that space on my work drive. Searched forums but didn't find anything relevant to Mac install.

Please advise. Thanks.
SteveB
"In all things reward only Truth and Fact; opinion and popular hysteria lead only away from Truth." ~Unknown Stoic
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MatarRebel

Could you share a screenshot of the exact error message popping up?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MatarRebel
    MatarRebel
    ✭✭
    ojniwpv45j8l.png

Above. Install progress is as follows: Branded dialog, then engine splash screens; then ESO dialog (“Exit”/“Continue” buttons); user license agreement; install location selected (/Volumes/ExtStorage/Applications/ESO); counted up to 94%, then dialog closed and “Launcher is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the trash.”

Thanks.
    "In all things reward only Truth and Fact; opinion and popular hysteria lead only away from Truth." ~Unknown Stoic
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MatarRebel

Thank you for the screenshot!

As a starting point, please try the following troubleshooting here.
    Staff Post
  • MatarRebel
    MatarRebel
    ✭✭
    Thanks, ZOS_Bill for responding. The issue appears to be a permissions issue and not a launcher issue (although technically it's a permissions issue as relates to the launcher running from the target drive/resource I'm trying to install it to). Attempting to replace the Launcher as requested in the referenced KB article had zero effect. If you could provide some indication of permissions I need to set on the target folder (I'll create it beforehand) and which user/users need what permissions to that hierarchy I'd appreciate it. I'm also assuming that the installer will set child permissions of the folders/links it creates in the process, but if not, I'd like to have that information as well.

An installation to the default boot volume appears to be working (downloading files now, which was much further than I got before), but as I mentioned in my initial message, I don't want to run it from the boot volume because of the sheer volume of space it requires (160G plus; this is one-third my total storage on the boot volume and I need that space for photo/video processing). Please advise.

Thanks.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MatarRebel

Thank you for the update!

At this point we recommend that you go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • Balgrim
    Balgrim
    Both "eso" and "Launcher" need access to your user documents folder(where the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder should stay), in you "Privacy and security/Files and folders" preferences.
    And giving "Accessibility" granted to the "eso" is a plus, which has often solved the problems of "crazy" mice.
    Hope it help :-)