Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Songs in ESO.

deepspace
deepspace
Does anyone know the title of the song in the credits? Anyone else also enjoying the bards singing in tarvern? Is it the same person that sung the credits?
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Singer is probably Malukah (malufenix on youtube), she got pretty popular for covering a Skyrim song and they hired her for a bunch of work in ESO.
    Edited by Shimond on 2 April 2014 13:59
  • TheAurelian
    Yes also why couldn't they get bards this good for Skyrim.
    “Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost...." -Hiromu Arakawa-
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    This person sang the more notable songs. She was picked up after her viral resung version of bard songs in Skyrim.
  • lolage
    lolage
    I don't know the names of the songs but the quality of the songs from the bards really surprised me. I was just wandering around exploring everything and suddenly hear some great music. Minstrels tell tales to others but there's always a tale or two to be told about them as well; you should check out the "Wandering Minstrel" quest in Grahtwood.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim bards weren't really singing... and not really bards... they were more accurately a kind of Skald. It was Semi-earth-historically accurate (outside being in English and some of the lutes) They were really reading epic poetry out loud in a cadence, rather than really singing. Not really something you would see outside Nord lands.

• pysgod1978b14_ESO
    I don't think she was the only one they picked up. I think they grabbed several other people that did music for bard mods in Skyrim. Specifically The Bard Mod so you can busk at any inn in the game.

She has also done some songs for Mass Effect and several other games.
    Edited by pysgod1978b14_ESO on 2 April 2014 15:21
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Red Diamond! Red Diamond!
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    Love the music!
    I live for science!
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    deepspace wrote: »
    Does anyone know the title of the song in the credits? Anyone else also enjoying the bards singing in tarvern? Is it the same person that sung the credits?

I was happy to hear the songs in the taverns. I always loved to listen to them in games.

Glad they kept them! And yes, the singer has a wonderful voice.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • omimace
    omimace
    Soul Shriven
    Will instruments be introduced or all ready in and i missed them? Fun RP element to play instruments :)
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    @deepspace - Not sure if you got the answer, it's Beauty of Dawn

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/malukah

Also on that page is one of the songs she performs in game as a Bard.
    The Sidekick Order