Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Changing beta User Names

AlexCala7b14_ESO
AlexCala7b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Are we able to do that? Can we? And if so, how? I couldn't see anything in the UI.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Which beta user name? Your game account name, or your forum name?

The forum name is changeable in your profile. You must contact support to change your account name
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on 2 April 2014 13:51
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    Your best bet is to call or email support. I had some User IDs that needed to be switched around during beta, and the CSR on the phone sent me an email form to fill out. Next beta it was taken care of.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can change your account UserID if you petition for it.

Give them time though. They're very busy right now pre-launch and that's probably low priority.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your beta username is the same as your account username if you ordered on the same account.

I have heard that some players have been able to get that user ID changed, but you'll need to contact support.
    ----
    Murray?
  • AlexCala7b14_ESO
    AlexCala7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's the forum name. When i try to change it, it doesn't allow me to.
  • AlexCala7b14_ESO
    AlexCala7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Like it's all grayed out, for whatever reason.
  • Brydion
    Brydion
    Just go into your forum profile and change the user name.
  • AlexCala7b14_ESO
    AlexCala7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Again, it doesn't allow me to. I go to edit profile and that box is grayed out.
  • Doomulus
    Doomulus
    Same here. Forum name is nowhere close to what I want it to be -_-
    Not to mention I've been up all night now :/ with promises of the servers coming back up soon. So much for a polished launch experience as promised by devs. Oh well, I'm pretty used to unfulfilled promises by MMO devs by now. It seems like the norm just about. Not much else to do but wait some more! Those devs are just lucky they've put together an amazing & extremely addicting game, or I'd be livid.
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine you have to contact the community managers/mods to get it changed on the forums. And that is providing they have a policy to allow you to do that. My guess is perhaps they don't , but they may let that slide if you were in beta and didn't really get to choose it per se.

m4eLYel.png
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just went through this with Support a few days ago. They were able to change my in-game username.

... and at the time I personally changed my forum name. It seems they have disabled that part of it.
    Edited by SeñorCinco on 2 April 2014 17:29
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.