The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I am once again asking for Necro pets to proc sets

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Seriously, why do they still not? They function nearly identically to non-pet skills, aren't permanent like Sorc Pets/Warden Bear, and cannot be commanded with the command pet keybind.

The fact that Blastbones, your biggest hit of damage in a combo, cannot proc sets like Vicious Death make building a necro a chore as it adds 1 more thing you have to consider (while also juggling their pitiful bar space).

Why can't ghost, which functions identically to Cauterize on DK, proc any healing sets? There's no reason.

Honestly, even sorc and Warden pets should be able to proc sets. It's silly that they don't, as the days of 1-tap proc combos are more or less gone.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 21 December 2023 14:41
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this stage, I'd just settle for necro pets to be counted as either full pets (get buffed by and proc pet sets) or full dots/abilities (get buffed by necro passives and can proc sets/effects).

Their current design of counting as both but also neither is just so random and weird.

And yes, pets in general need a complete overhaul to their mechanics and attributes.

The only reason pets are viable at all in PvE is because they get given a programmed god-mode to be ignored by mechanics and AoE damage in PvE content.

That forced use of the god-mode clause alone should say more than enough that pets as a mechanic need a complete rethink/rework/redesign from the ground up.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    At this stage, I'd just settle for necro pets to be counted as either full pets (get buffed by and proc pet sets) or full dots/abilities (get buffed by necro passives and can proc sets/effects).

Their current design of counting as both but also neither is just so random and weird.

And yes, pets in general need a complete overhaul to their mechanics and attributes.

The only reason pets are viable at all in PvE is because they get given a programmed god-mode to be ignored by mechanics and AoE damage in PvE content.

That forced use of the god-mode clause alone should say more than enough that pets as a mechanic need a complete rethink/rework/redesign from the ground up.

The fact that Skeletal Archer/Arcanist were (stealth!) nerfed by 50% in U35 along with all the other dots was a slap in the face. They don't count as dots, aren't buffed by necro's dot passive, and can be blocked. They shouldn't have been gutted into uselessness.
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh sorc pets should too since they eat up so much bar space.
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh sorc pets should too since they eat up so much bar space.

100% agreed. The entire "pets can't proc sets rule" is long outdated.
    Options
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets seem to really only be there to body block because they count as NPCs on this game's weird targeting system (wherein critters are the HIGHEST priority for some reason).

But yeah, the fact pets are incapable of proccing sets is asinine and really needs to be changed.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
    Options