The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Non meta arcanist builds? Let’s get some thinking going

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve been running the typical way of fire, maarselik, arena weapon bla bla bla and quite frankly I’m rather bored of this set up. It definitely works but it feels too samey

What do you run on your StamCanists? I want to try sheer venom and maybe imperium? I really need something different!

Any suggestions or theory crafting ideas will be appreciated
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddly enough my stam arcanist pve build actually did fairly decent in pvp when i was getting AP to rank up to caltrops,

i only played it in there about a week or so to get to caltrops, but didnt do bad

the spec i was using was very pve, but it worked decent enough

on that character i use deadly + velothi mythic + perfected yandir with a masters bow back bar (for additional +dmg against targets affected by poison arrow/morphs) and 1 pc slimecraw filler

the beam hits like a truck with deadly and is easy to build stacks for yandir for more +dmg, and perma minor force from velothi (even though the +dmg bonus doesnt apply against players)

this setup is very offense focused because its more of a pve dps, but with the right skill setup could easily be more tanky, since the offense part revolves around a few skills (poison injection on back bar for master bow, tentacles for crux build and pragmatic fatecarver which gives the shield)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, full crit work very well:
    -no monster set, double bar : order wrath+ Claw of the Forest Wraith+ 1piece of Slimecraw+ markyn+ trainee. Shadow mundus

-or : order wrath+ rally cry+ whatever monster set you want. Better resistance but less damage

No crit : front bar war maiden, deadly

Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CameraBeardThePirate had a max magicka Arcanist build that sounded very off meta and cool a while back, I forget what gear he said he ran but fatecarver hit hard and chackrams healed really well.
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Instant reaction was Deadly + Nirn + Amulet + either a training gear set or one piece monster. I do like Markyn as suggested by @Cast_El. But those sets could be considered "meta," so.....

As for a heavy set, Brands of Imperium's cool down time can be a hindrance in a drawn out fight like a siege. Alessian Order might work better. Heavy Order's Wrath would work for resistance + crit damage. Hrothgar's could be effective with the immobilization on the Flail and Eldritch Horror, plus you get armor, penetration, and health.

Sheer Venom has been a disappointing set from day one, even on executes like the Templar's beam. Don't see it improving with the Flail. Love @Cast_El suggestion of the Claw or War Maiden. Soulshine could also work with the beam.

Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys: it’s refreshing to discuss different combinations.

For what it’s worth my definition of meta is pretty loose: basically anything that is not Maarselok, way of fire, appetite, draugrkin, Vateshran, master DW, Coil etc

Markyn, Nirn, deadly etc are a refreshing novelty in comparison
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far my favorite is Innate Axiom + Order's Wrath.

Any mythic works well, though I usually go Oakensoul for maximum booklaser pew pew.
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Any mythic works well, though I usually go Oakensoul for maximum booklaser pew pew.

Haven't tried the one-bar with Oakensoul. Interesting. Either way, Arcanist's damage is primarily crit damage, so whatever you can do to pump that up through the beam can work. Plus, Arcanist has a good toolkit for tankiness, but wonder how that would be affected by eliminating a back bar.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Haven't tried the one-bar with Oakensoul. Interesting. Either way, Arcanist's damage is primarily crit damage, so whatever you can do to pump that up through the beam can work. Plus, Arcanist has a good toolkit for tankiness, but wonder how that would be affected by eliminating a back bar.

As with most classes, Oakensoul puts you at a disadvantage in some areas, but with the huge upside of not having to to spend globals on buffs. I like it for glass cannon builds because it lets you spend more time spamming damage, aka getting more kills.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i use deadly strike, Order's wrath, and oakensoul on my arcanist.

i also like to pair heartland conquerer, unfathomable darkness, and venomous smite with Order's wrath.

might use Velothi Ur-Mage amulet in the future sometimes too, but i like using lightning staff/bow heavy attacks in-between skills so oakensoul fits better.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot imagine using Oakensoul on PvP Arc. How does it do in terms of surviving?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot imagine using Oakensoul on PvP Arc. How does it do in terms of surviving?

i haven't gone to cyrodiil and imperial city with my arcanist very often yet,
    but it gives extra recovery, resistance, and healing which is good for surviving

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Max mag stack, chakrams for defense. Kinda have to go all in on mag, mag cost reduction, and recovery, but you can end up with tons of pen and crit, 45k mag, huge shields, and strong damage.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to do a timey whimey themes build, lol, maybe like the arcanist boss in Bal Sunnar. I’m of course working on unlocking the Psijic skill line, but I wonder if there are any sets that would enhance the theme I’m going for.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

but it gives extra recovery, resistance, and healing which is good for surviving

Planning on relying on Vigor or in class healing?
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on 23 December 2023 08:48
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i use runemend on my arcanist for healing.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does it work without Vigor? I’ve been reluctant to remove it from the bars of all my chars
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

How does it work without Vigor? I’ve been reluctant to remove it from the bars of all my chars

i like evolving runemend more than vigor as it heals directly and over time instead of vigor only healing over time.

though i do use vigor on my stamina warden build as arctic wind costs too much magicka to use often enough.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i like evolving runemend more than vigor as it heals directly and over time instead of vigor only healing over time.

though i do use vigor on my stamina warden build as arctic wind costs too much magicka to use often enough.

Has it worked out well for you? I ran with Runemeld before and wasn't impressed by it, looked like vigor healed for way more on HoT parts. But I do see fair bit of Arcs running Runemeld for sure.
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Has it worked out well for you? I ran with Runemeld before and wasn't impressed by it, looked like vigor healed for way more on HoT parts. But I do see fair bit of Arcs running Runemeld for sure.

With most classes I really struggle to manage without Vigor but I must admit I haven’t tested this on an arc
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yea it's my new favourite heal skill

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea it's my new favourite heal skill

Same here. I guess using a defensive set may help replace Vigor but still unsure about dropping it. I should test it

Would you generally use offensive sets counting on the natural tankiness of the arc and a potentially high health pool?

I’ve been toying with the idea of Leeching Plates….anyone with feedback on using it?
    Options
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve tried tons of builds but I always go back to balrogh, new moon, clever alchemist with a mythic or arena weapon on every class. It’s just satisfying seeing 9k-10k spell damage or weapon damage, and seeing very high tooltips on everything. Always has been reliable for me.
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you prefer running 2 damage sets or mix a D-set with a recovery/defensive one?

Options
  • Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brands of Imperium/Sanctuary/Magma with Vate Sword/Board
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshade wrote: »
    Brands of Imperium/Sanctuary/Magma with Vate Sword/Board

Are you not struggling with dealing damage?
    Options
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you run I think it is asylum SnB, you can go back and forth between the SnB shield and the busted arcanist shield for survivability with little resource problems. Pair that with gaze of Sithis since you won't be blocking with shields anyways and then run whatever damage you want with the other equips. It's not insane or anything but pretty nice to have infinite shielding
    Edited by JerBearESO on 30 December 2023 22:19
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you use any double bar 5p set?

I like the sound of Axiom but also heartland conqueror……in theory
    Options
  • Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you not struggling with dealing damage?

It`s really low sure but not build for dps, more for shields. Thought about Brands/Hexos, but time is short, sanctuary was ready to pair and has that "green" effect, awesome. :D

Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone tried the Baron Thirsk monster set combo’d with the other morph of Runeblades that explodes in an area after hitting someone? I was going to try it when I got home from work but maybe someone already did.
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried Hrothgar very recently. It appears the damage only happens when immobilizing takes effect. So whenever I fought against someone with immunity, there is no damage whatsoever. And that damage is already very weak.
    Options