The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please allow stacking of equipment items, to make pre-crafting viable

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
One major obstacle to being able to pre-craft items for equipment writs is that the equipment items don't stack in the inventory, so the number of items you can pre-craft is severely limited. Why can't these be stackable like various other types of items?
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I agree, it would be a great QOL improvement. I think the reason is that equipment can take damage and is in various states of repair, and the damage would have to be exact, or it would not stack. I know you are talking about equipment for writs, so they would not have any damage on them, but the idea is the same.

I guess they could change it so only undamaged equipment could be used for writs and undamaged equipment could stack. Sadly, poor inventory management is built into the system to encourage the use/need for ESO+. But it sure would be nice.

Stay safe :)
    Options
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! No reason why identical, unused equipment should not stack.
    Same with unused siege - allow that to stack.
    Inventory management is horribly grindy in this game and these changes would help.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    While I agree, it would be a great QOL improvement. I think the reason is that equipment can take damage and is in various states of repair, and the damage would have to be exact, or it would not stack. I know you are talking about equipment for writs, so they would not have any damage on them, but the idea is the same.

I guess they could change it so only undamaged equipment could be used for writs and undamaged equipment could stack. Sadly, poor inventory management is built into the system to encourage the use/need for ESO+. But it sure would be nice.

Why would different damage levels prevent equipment from stacking in the inventory?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

Why would different damage levels prevent equipment from stacking in the inventory?

It's how it's coded in the game, they have to differentiate between the items in various states of repair.

Only items that are absolutely identical can be stacked.

While it's possible that they could allow brand new items to stack and only unstack them after they've been used, allowing pre-stacking like that would be massively overpowered... I'd literally just make 2x stacks (400 each) of every item for writs and literally be done for a year.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options
  • schorse
    schorse
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    vsrs_au wrote: »

It's how it's coded in the game, they have to differentiate between the items in various states of repair.

Only items that are absolutely identical can be stacked.

While it's possible that they could allow brand new items to stack and only unstack them after they've been used, allowing pre-stacking like that would be massively overpowered... I'd literally just make 2x stacks (400 each) of every item for writs and literally be done for a year.

Yea, at the moment you can already precraft about two weeks with the downside of an almost full inventory. Stacking writ equip would be crazy.
    Options