The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about stat scaling of Crit chance

Sleeping_OwI
Sleeping_OwI
✭✭✭
Is it okay if your higher weapon/spell damage & crit are Not of the same kind? For example, higher Spell Power with higher Weapon Crit, or vice versa.

I know most damage is scaled with highest weapon or spell damage, but I'm not sure how it works with Crit chance. For example, is Weapon Crit still the "active" Crit if your Spell Power is higher than Weapon Power? or will Spell Crit be the "active" crit in that case?

I'm asking because due to circumstances, the specific setup i will be using on my necro will have higher Weapon Power & Spell Crit. I need to be sure about this.

Thanks for any info.
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it even possible to get one crit chance higher than the other anymore? I can't say I've seen it happen to me in a long long time. But afaik it'll scale to which ever is higher independently. So it doesn't matter between crit chance, damage, and max resource. Each will be determined individually.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Janni wrote: »
    Is it even possible to get one crit chance higher than the other anymore? I can't say I've seen it happen to me in a long long time. But afaik it'll scale to which ever is higher independently. So it doesn't matter between crit chance, damage, and max resource. Each will be determined individually.

One can go higher from the minor buffs that come from classes (Sorc and Nightblade, I think).
    Options
  • Sleeping_OwI
    Sleeping_OwI
    ✭✭✭
    Janni wrote: »

Yes, with minor crit buffs from sorc & NB, and if you only get major savagery or prophecy from potions, without Inner Light or Camouflaged Hunter.
    Edited by Sleeping_OwI on 16 December 2023 04:24
    Options