Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Minion add-on on MacBook M3 Sillicon

Hlaaluna
Hlaaluna
✭✭✭
Hi - I am in the process of transitioning my game from Windows to Mac and have run into a bit of a roadblock.

I was able to download Minion for Mac but when I tried to run it, my security declared that because it was from an unknown developer I could not run it. I checked with the Apple website support and it suggested that by adding Minion to Privacy & Settings - Accessibility that I should then by able to bypass the security. However it has not worked. I see Minion pops up in the menu bar at the top the my screen but then promptly vanishes.

Is there a step I am missing, or is it just not possible to run Minion on this system. Should that be the case, can anyone recommend another add-on manager? I do know I can add them manually (as I had done years ago with my old Mac) but I have become spoiled with the ease of use Minion provided.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    theres always the java version? you got java installed on your mac? you have to point to the location from the directory of minion you d/l. you add that location to the minion command while using the command line. that's what i do on linux. other option is to use a virtual box of windows with a shared folder that point to the location of your mac addon folder then run minion from within widows once a day to update your addons. it's not a horrible solution either. both options work on linux so i assume one or both would work on mac. though on linux i did have to give my user disk write privileges as i used the bare metal install of windows from my dual boot setup so that i wouldnt have to reinstall windows all over again and use more disk space. though i doubt you can dual boot windows on your m3 mac.

Anyway, those arent answers to your questions but might be potential work arounds?
    Options
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    theres always the java version?

Anyway, those arent answers to your questions but might be potential work arounds?

Thanks for your reply YetAnotherLinuxUser. To be honest I am not sure at this stage & may look into that up the track. In the meantime, I have just downloaded the addons manually. Thankfully I only use a handful so it wasn't a huge imposition.

Options
  • Aetnaria
    Aetnaria
    ✭✭
    It's a combination problem with the latest macOS and java. I used to use Minion, currently update add-ons by hand because if it, but there are solutions if you are willing:
    https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10593
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hlaaluna wrote: »
    Hi - I am in the process of transitioning my game from Windows to Mac and have run into a bit of a roadblock.

I was able to download Minion for Mac but when I tried to run it, my security declared that because it was from an unknown developer I could not run it. I checked with the Apple website support and it suggested that by adding Minion to Privacy & Settings - Accessibility that I should then by able to bypass the security. However it has not worked. I see Minion pops up in the menu bar at the top the my screen but then promptly vanishes.

Is there a step I am missing, or is it just not possible to run Minion on this system. Should that be the case, can anyone recommend another add-on manager? I do know I can add them manually (as I had done years ago with my old Mac) but I have become spoiled with the ease of use Minion provided.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Tap (not open) the application and hold control, choose to open with the drop down menu. This should bypass any apple security issue.

That being said, minion does not appear to work on my m3 Mac.
    Options
  • Coorbin
    Coorbin
    ✭✭✭
    Asking about Minion here is off-topic, as Minion is not part of the ESO client nor is it developed by Zenimax. We have been discussing the Minion issues with recent macOS here: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10593
    Options