Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

How to Zenkosh DK?

Khrogo
Khrogo
✭✭✭
I am in the process of farming Zen and Alkosh for my new DK. Hopefully, it will be a welcome addition to my trials group. I am a Dark Elf with fully levelled Two-Handed, Dual Wield, Bow and Destruction Staff skill lines, so I can go either mag or stam. I have searched for builds but not many are current. What would be an optimal gear setup? I have no idea what to put where (front/back bar, body, jewels) as there as so many options. Additionally, how do the changes to the Maelstrom 2H affect things? Also, how would I set up my skill bars? Any guidance from experienced Zenkosh DKs would be most welcome. Thanks.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a ZenKosh but I'll chip in my little information that you probably already know that AOE DOTs don't count but DOT status effects (e.g. Burning, Poisoned, the Bleed one) DO count. You're a MagDK so you've already got perma-Burning, so really you only need to source 4 more sticky DOTs.
    Options
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    Not a ZenKosh but I'll chip in my little information that you probably already know that AOE DOTs don't count but DOT status effects (e.g. Burning, Poisoned, the Bleed one) DO count. You're a MagDK so you've already got perma-Burning, so really you only need to source 4 more sticky DOTs.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know that AoE DOTs don't count. So no Carve, Scalding Rune, Eruption, Stampede, Engulfing Flames, Burning Talons? Hmmm... not sure what that leaves me with. Venomous Claw from class skills? Non-class skills, Trap, Twin Slashes and Degeneration could be used, I guess. Which begs the question: why DK? I must be missing something.
    Options
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    AOE DOTs don't count but DOT status effects (e.g. Burning, Poisoned, the Bleed one) DO count.
    I managed to find a cached page with a list of eligible skills. Looks like it's only ground-based DoT effects that don't count, which makes life a whole lot easier :)

Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's any DOT that "sticks" to the target.

So like while Engulfing Flames has an initial AOE Direct Damage component, the actual DOT is single-target (this also factors into which CP stars buff which aspects of those skills).
    Options
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's any DOT that "sticks" to the target.

So like while Engulfing Flames has an initial AOE Direct Damage component, the actual DOT is single-target (this also factors into which CP stars buff which aspects of those skills).

Got it! Thanks. I can't believe that, after all these years, each skill doesn't have a category for damage type(s). Crazy. Now I just have to work out what sets go where.
    Options
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    0l0ntw9zatjk.png

A player named Ickypiggy made this infograph in U38, but I believe all the information is still relevant. I'm not taking credit for their work, just trying to pass along the information.
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    That chart is super helpful @ShadowKyuubi - thanks!
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    0l0ntw9zatjk.png

A player named Ickypiggy made this infograph in U38, but I believe all the information is still relevant. I'm not taking credit for their work, just trying to pass along the information.

This is extremely useful. Thank you so much!
    Options