The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to abandon quest

wilykcat
wilykcat
✭✭✭✭✭
I on another character (not kahjiit arcanist) accident accepted a side quest in the game for mistakenly thinking it was part of the main zone quest line.

The name of the side quest is awkward (has the word love in it) and I don't want this on my list of uncompleted quests. Also the soul shriven quest is another one I have on all my alts and I already did it once on my main.

Whenever I complete the main zone quests, it keeps on switching to the side quests and I keep on having to switch back to the main quest line I was working on. I tried to open the map and right click on the quest name to hopefully see options that say "abandon quest", "share quest", and "track/untrack quest" and clicking on those.

But for this game, the quest log doesn't work the same way as the quest log in world of warcraft and guild wars 2.

In eso is there a way to abandon quests?
Edited by wilykcat on 28 November 2023 13:29

Best Answer

• ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hi there!

To abandon a quest, highlight the quest in the Journal and select "Abandon." If you wish to reacquire the quest, you'll need to go back to where you originally picked it up.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS_Lunar 😊. I'll do that.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are using a mouse+keyboard, you can right click on the quest and select abandon in the dropdown that pops up
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014