The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Daily repeatable quest in EA

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
If you enter EA before the daily time-reset and exit after this limit and then turn in the quest AFTER the time-reset limit... you lose the possibility of getting the quest the following day. In such a long and extendable arena-dungeon, I would never have expected this. Think about the fact that for the daily card quests it is possible to deliver them the next day and still have the possibility of having again the daily quest.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 26 November 2023 04:16
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well because daily is same and does not have a second version.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »

They get around that by having different names or quest IDs for other dailies. For example, the defeat a Harrowstorm is always a same. But you can do it this way afaik.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 25 November 2023 11:37
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know there's a daily. I've yet to complete and turn in any of the quests except the ones in the little side archives.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »

The daily quest "Dueling Tributes" is always the same, but you can give it back the day after and get the same quest again
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can hand in the daily anytime at the start of each round. There is a portal to the archive. No need to carry the daily around the whole run.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can hand in the daily anytime at the start of each round. There is a portal to the archive. No need to carry the daily around the whole run.

This is obvious, but if anyone forgot... why this disparity with other daily quests such as the Tribute ones?
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about a quest.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is obvious, but if anyone forgot... why this disparity with other daily quests such as the Tribute ones?

It's actually the Tribute ones that are different. The Tribute ones (and all of the DLC World Event ones) have two quests with the same name but different IDs, so you can technically do both on the same day. That does also mean that if you pick one up and then turn it in two days later, you probably won't get a quest on turn in because that day offers the same one you turned in. The Nymics have three or four versions but function the same way.

All other daily quests work the same way as the Archive one - you get one a day and that's it. If I get e.g. the Ghemvas the Harbinger quest today and turn it in tomorrow, I will not be able to get another Ghemvas quest tomorrow from anyone, even if that's the one I was supposed to pick up myself, because I've already done that day's version of it.

Considering that the Archive quest has a decent reward of a Fortunes box and a collectible fragment, it seems reasonable that this is a once-per-day thing like zone dailies and that if you miss turning it in, you need to wait another day.

Now there is the idea it could be set up like daily writs. Those are based on the day they're picked up, not the day they're turned in. That means you can pick writs up one day and turn them in the next, but then they'll be available the next day as well. However, those aren't shareable - they function more like Pledges. However, I'd bet ZOS wants to keep the writs and pledges with this unique style. And I remember that one patch they had an issue with the Alchemy writ and changed it to follow the normal daily cadence and suddenly people were missing an Alchemy writ quest. To say they were not happy is an understatement.

There are also the examples of things like Cyrodiil board quests or the TG/DB repeatables that are infinitely repeatable. While I don't think it's right to do that for the Endless Archive quest, I'd really love them to change Destuzono's daily to one of those infinitely repeatable ones considering how low the drop rates are to get pages and then find her again, it's very unlikely you'd be able to find her, finish her quest, and then turn it in all in a single day and then find her again the next day. You should be able to turn it in and immediately pick up the next one right there.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All other daily quests work the same way as the Archive one - you get one a day and that's it. If I get e.g. the Ghemvas the Harbinger quest today and turn it in tomorrow, I will not be able to get another Ghemvas quest tomorrow from anyone, even if that's the one I was supposed to pick up myself, because I've already done that day's version of it.

That's not quite the full story. While it's true that you cannot do Ghemvas twice in one day, you will also never be assigned Ghemvas on consecutive days. You'd have to get someone to share him. They rotate which boss you get specifically so that someone doing it each day won't run into the scenario described by the OP, where they talk to the same quest giver but are unable to get a new quest just because of the server reset. Yes, you can still find yourself in the same scenario if you skip around days, but consecutive days for every other daily will never result in you being unable to do the daily quest.

This means that someone can do the Blackwood dailies (or any other similar daily) each day without worrying about server reset. The reason that Tales and Harrowstorms go by quest ID instead of target is that there is only one possible target. Whereas the World Boss hunting boss always has multiple targets they can assign.

The quest giver in Endless Archive doesn't have multiple quests to give. This is unique in a way that negatively impacts a players' ability to do the quests twice in a 48 hour period. That is not consistent with the rest of the game as dailies with only one target still have multiple versions of the same quest.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 27 November 2023 14:57
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I didn't even know there's a daily. I've yet to complete and turn in any of the quests except the ones in the little side archives.

the intro quest and the daily require clearing arc 1 (killing tho'at), after that you can turn in the quest

the intro quest gives a skill point, and a bundle of mystery verses in addition to the currency box and ichor for the mount
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014