Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Early Access ??

Thetroj
Thetroj
3 day early access with 1 day of maintenance :( not off to a great start
>:)TheTroj >:)
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    24 hours is a bit of an exaggeration :P
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the time of my posting, the servers have been down for about 5 and a half hours. Hardly an entire day. There was a very large exploit that prompted a (much needed) emergency maintenance. Or at least that's what I would assume is the reason, knowing what was happening bug-wise.

Maintenances are very common in MMO launches, some have more than others. It's just part of the growing pains.
    Edited by Lalai on 2 April 2014 10:38
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Thetroj
    Thetroj
    Never said 24 hours, Just meant as what i can play, toDAY being the day.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    You said 1 day, 1 day = 24 hours.

Early access and launch is when the most problems with a game typically occur in the life cycle of the game, emergency maintenance will likely happen more than once.
  • DuranBurns
    DuranBurns
    Soul Shriven
    Early Access? I think you mean Late Beta
    Duran gro-Rugdzag- DC Orc Templar
  • Thetroj
    Thetroj
    Official time keeper, thanks for the lesson, Let me be more precise.
    This morning 7.00am Melb Australia, could not log in as a server error, get home from work 6.38pm, server off line.
    Not off to a good start to MY 3 day early access.
    Let me know if anything needs clarifying :smile:
  • Rasta
    Rasta
    There are some serious bugs/exploits that needed to be addressed. So they have to run this maintenance.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't pay for the early access, it was just a feature of buying the game earlier than you needed to. When an MMO comes out, there are always a number of things which will need fixing which simply can't be tested until people are actually on an playing. Beta stress tests are fairly limited for many things.
  • Thetroj
    Thetroj
    Pretty sure that me (and countless others) paying for the game pre release was earning money for the brand ($80+ per person = a tonne of interest in a bank account) Just saying.
    My choice to pre purchase was swayed by the option of early access, or potential early access as it turns out, Again this is my opinion, you dont have to like or agree with it and I welcome comments, However, trivial points like, "you didnt pay for it" does the same apply to "buy one get one free" if the promise of good or services are what entice you to make a purchase (again i would have got this game anyway, just not as early) and then are not what they seem, I am allowed surely to be a tad annoyed?
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Thetroj wrote: »
    My choice to pre purchase was swayed by the option of early access, or potential early access as it turns out, Again this is my opinion, you dont have to like or agree with it

It's not your opinion that your decision was swayed by the early access; that's a fact if you say so. I would have suggested that you should have been more aware of what the release of a new MMO is like if you hadn't played any at release before.

However, I'd also ask this: Were you going to buy it anyway? If yes, why wouldn't you want it a few days early so you knew it was all working? If no, why would early access get you to buy it?
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can be annoyed all you want, just as people are free to disagree with your reason for being annoyed. MMO launches tend to go this route, with lots of patching and emergency maintenance to address issues that crop up. Just the way of the industry. Yes, it sucks when the maintenance works against you and the game appears to be down every time you get some time to play, but it's not the end of the world and it's not at all telling in and of itself for how well or bad a game is starting off at being.

Your first post (whether intentional or not) came off as a "Oh no the game is on it's way to failing because I can't play right this second." Those type of posts aren't typically well received on any forum.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Cauthorn
    Cauthorn
    ✭✭
    Have to say its pretty darn disappointing.
    What did all those beta stress tests actually accomplish? Very little it seems. Down for 7 hours so far; something pretty major must have broken.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cauthorn wrote: »
    Have to say its pretty darn disappointing.
    What did all those beta stress tests actually accomplish? Very little it seems. Down for 7 hours so far; something pretty major must have broken.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/21yvux/shortly_after_system_message_about_disabled/

Something major did break, that did not ever break in any of the stress tests. Regardless of how many stress tests are done some things still don't break until launch. It's the nature of programming, unfortunately. Does suck, but I'm glad they're fixing the issue.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Granz
    Granz
    ✭✭
    MMO's need patching. Its the first few days and the game has been awesome. Don't come in the 3 day thing and claim dooms day.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    The frst two days of EA were smooth as a peachy bottom. Probably the smoothest launch have ever been part of. But something broke today, something that needed immediate attention. I certainly hope that no one accidently logged in to my account and all my bank stuff has disappeared.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »
    The frst two days of EA were smooth as a peachy bottom. Probably the smoothest launch have ever been part of. But something broke today, something that needed immediate attention. I certainly hope that no one accidently logged in to my account and all my bank stuff has disappeared.

You know when I first read that i thought you meant EA as in the company, was about to slap you silly forum-ly lol

I agree Early Access has been quite smooth considering and definitely in comparison to others

Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Dahlia_Bristow
    Stuff happens. The issues being addressed are pretty serious, so it's not like they're trifling away your early access time. As of the latest posting it looks like the problems have been sorted out and they're into the testing stages now, so there's no reason to be up in arms about anything.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thetroj wrote: »
    Never said 24 hours, Just meant as what i can play, toDAY being the day.

I wasn't aware that only Australian time counted when factoring in how much of a day was lost.

As others have mentioned, there has been a serious, unforeseeable bug. Unless you'd like random people getting your stuff, I'd clam up and wait for them to finish patching the game. Maintenance is a regular part of any decent MMO, and it should be expected to happen more than normal during any early access/launch period. Frankly, I'm surprised that this is the first lengthy downtime we've seen. It speaks to how stable the game is in its current state.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Stuff happens. The issues being addressed are pretty serious, so it's not like they're trifling away your early access time. As of the latest posting it looks like the problems have been sorted out and they're into the testing stages now, so there's no reason to be up in arms about anything.
    *throws his arms up in the air...gets stares from coworkers....
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Thetroj
    Thetroj
    Granz wrote: »
    MMO's need patching. Its the first few days and the game has been awesome. Don't come in the 3 day thing and claim dooms day.

Looks like another gross misinterpretation "dooms day?" I must have mentioned this subliminally, And you have hit the nail on the head, the game has been awesome, I understand how MMO's work, god knows how much time I invested in Blizzard. I was just really looking forward to getting back into something i could enjoy and was a bit bummed about the delay - chillax my online friends (or foes) :D