Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

perma ban all who

drowadin
drowadin
✭✭
Sale gold, or sale charecter lvling. Ruins the economy, and the gameplay for all.
Edited by drowadin on 2 April 2014 10:28
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Yeah its sad to see those poor farmers that have no life, why do they have to screw up someone else? Most players like to earn it rather than cheating!
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm pretty sure they will do that. The difficulty is in catching them.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    They have been banning them, however those people come back with more accounts, it will likely keep happening until they have some sort of spam filter in place. But rest assured, this is against their ToS, and they are banning them.
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like an expensive way to make monies, with the cost of buying the game at the moment I'm surprised there is any gold farmers what so ever.

Espcially with the risk of getting banned.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Some places offer deals where you can get your early access code by reserving it at a fairly low deposit. Would be pretty easy to spam these during early access.
  • Yevon
    Yevon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Yevon Rahl and I support this message.

*Brought to you by Citizens of Tamriel against gold spammers*
    "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
  • Shineko
    Shineko
    ✭✭✭
    Ban all gold spammers!11one! isn't always the correct solution. I've seen what looks like legitimate accounts that may have been hacked spamming it.

If for some reason a spammer hacked your account and used you to spam gold messages, would you call for a permaban no questions asked? A ban is in question but sensitivity needs to be used around potential unauthorized access because you would harm the player base even more than the gold spammer ever intended.
    Edited by Shineko on 2 April 2014 10:41
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Shineko wrote: »
    Ban all gold spammers!11one! isn't always the correct solution. I've seen what looks like legitimate accounts that may have been hacked spamming it.

If for some reason a spammer hacked your account and used you to spam gold messages, would you call for a permaban no questions asked? A ban is in question but sensitivity needs to be used around potential unauthorized access because you would harm the player base even more than the gold spammer ever intended.

ZOS will be able to tell where the original account was created, and if there was unauthorized access from a far away location, where most of them are located. In this manner they can determine which can just be perma banned, and which should be removed, and notified.
  • nastisha
    nastisha
    I doubt the accounts that are getting caught/banned/ignored are even real gold spammers at this point. Every person that visits one of the advertised sites adds to the problem by either making a purchase and or getting their account stolen and hacked and then used for just what they are currently doing; spamming for more victims...err customers. As long as anyone attends these sites the problem is going to continue to grow.

*Another citizen who despises gold spammers*
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the gold spammers.. but I -really- despise the people who buy gold. If the gold spammers weren't making money, they'd disappear on their own. I say ban all the gold buyers. ;)
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • metalgold
    metalgold
    ✭✭
    Any game where you can swap goods from one player (account) to another will have unscrupulous individuals trying to take advantage of that. I was a Moderator for WG for 2 1/2 years on World of Tanks and that is the primary reason they do not allow anyone but high level guild members to swap gold. I don't totally agree with their stand on this issue, but I do have to say they don't have much of an issue with gold spamming anymore, I perma banned about 10 accounts about 2 years ago when they tried to fire off a bunch of posts on the forums....since then we haven't herd much from them...lol
    "Tungur knivur"
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna buy a watch? :#
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    Gold sellers/spammers aren't buying the game. They're using stolen accounts, or stolen credit cards. The latter results in lost income to Zenimax as the credit card transactions will eventually get reversed.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMT will exist as long as MMO publishers don't ban the gold BUYERS, the sellers aren't the problem, they're a symptom.

I don't know an MMO in existence that bans any serious number of BUYERS, certainly no publisher publishes numbers of banned buyers even though some do publish numbers of banned sellers.
    Edited by KerinKor on 2 April 2014 10:52
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    They will never ban it because the people selling gold are paying for an account the same as us. ZENITHES loves monies.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with getting rid of gold sellers, is they have been developing their techniques since the dawn of MMO's.
    So it seems easy to say, the original account was created here, so ban here.
    However the original account is probably hidden behind dozens of proxies and who knows what else, so by banned that address you made inadvertently ban a willing paying customer who gets caught in the crossfire.

There are already mods being created that auto-ignore gold sellers.

The only way to get rid of them is simply not to use their services!!
    Its easier said then done because people just want an extra edge over other players, or do not care to put time into the game.

Also a few quick tips in keeping yourself unaffected by them;
    - DO NOT give your account information to anybody!
    - DO NOT use their services
    - Regularly change your security details such as passwords and questions.
  • Berserker_Bob
    I recommend you guys check out some of the add-ons at esoui.com. They have a number of spam filters that seem to work quite well at blocking the gold sellers automatically.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more profitable for them to make accounts and get banned, because people pay them money, because people are generally stupid.

As long as in-game currency can be traded through any means, they'll persist. If they can't do that, they'll start selling accounts.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    And it is the person that offers the gold, powerlved charecters that needs to be perma banned the entire account then they can repurchase the game and try again lol, no second chances cheating in video game of any sort needs to be punished.
  • SK1TZ0FR3N1K
    SK1TZ0FR3N1K
    ✭✭✭
    Lalai wrote: »
    I don't like the gold spammers.. but I -really- despise the people who buy gold. If the gold spammers weren't making money, they'd disappear on their own. I say ban all the gold buyers. ;)

Exactly! Give them no reason to stay.

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” -Will Rogers
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    ??? esoui.com i will not download any of these from anywhere besides ESo official website ESo when you have addons that are tested let us know
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am selling gold in the form of wisdom and advice!

Come get some. :D

I think one of BethMax's tactics to defeat these guys is by not having a server wide action house... I can't wait to see what else they have planned for em.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will deal with it as every MMO has and ultimately fail in the long run. Where there's a gate, somone will eventually find the key.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    I think one of BethMax's tactics to defeat these guys is by not having a server wide action house... I can't wait to see what else they have planned for em.

I actually really wanna see how the auction system we've been given works out. I know a lot of people are crying doomsday stuff regarding it.. but I kind of like it. Not only does it kinda limit what the RMT folks have access to, but I've found people being much more social with trading mats and the like in this game than in previous MMOs I've played.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • blahgameblahb14_ESO
    Xionar wrote: »
    Some places offer deals where you can get your early access code by reserving it at a fairly low deposit. Would be pretty easy to spam these during early access.

This is it I am reasonably sure, at the the greater majority. The speed at which the sellers are switching the accounts makes it seem (to me) that they have stacks of accounts. I have baobo6,7,8, and 9 all on block from last night.

While they are irritating to the extreme, particularly the ones who fill up the chat window to where you have to resize the text to click their name (some folks including myself have been putting the names into chat so people can just type it in) I think we'll see a decrease in this stuff after the EA ends (Friday)
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    I actually think this is a good idea also. Certainly should make things more difficult for them.

• Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    korkibucek wrote: »
    Sounds like an expensive way to make monies, with the cost of buying the game at the moment I'm surprised there is any gold farmers what so ever.

Espcially with the risk of getting banned.

What makes you think the gold farmers are spending their own money?

The accounts they use to spam are usually stolen accounts. They setup websites that promise gold and items in-game and use them to phish account names and passwords from players.

They also use stolen credit cards to buy additional accounts when they can't steal enough accounts from players.

The "companies" that do this are all outside the US and located in countries that refuse to extradite or prosecute them, so they remain safely beyond the reach of any US or International law enforcement.

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lalai I agree. It seems they are bringing about the social aspect in MMOs...
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really mind gold sellers or buyers. I mean, as long as a person can profit from another person's laziness, ways will be found.

I hate hate hate the spamming though. Why can't they do their business under bridges or in the sewers though? o:)
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Guarantee you will see far less after the early start, as technically they haven't bought the game yet. You will see even far fewer after the first free month, because gold spammers don't want to keep paying 50-60$ each time they want to advertise.

The only thing people will have to worry about after that are visiting sites that steal their login info, so gold sellers can advertise through their accounts.

Also, with there being no real auction house in this game, there is no real economy. The only thing people want money for right away is a horse, but that's pretty much the limit of the usefulness of gold in this game until higher levels. Even at max level, you should have all the gold you'll need.