The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A Bookbinder's Bind

Panderbander
Panderbander
✭✭✭✭✭
So I started the first quest to find pages for Destozuno in the Endless Archives and all I have to say is... uh, what?

da1pqaxbmwsd.png

I did a total of nearly 7 full arcs before failing and not a single page spawned. Is it supposed to have this low a spawn rate?

Before anyone asks, yes, I checked every arena before moving on. Every nook and cranny. I've completed the quest on other characters.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 5 November 2023 11:32
Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    I did those without much trouble but the second quest is giving me the same low spawn rate issue. Not found one of those yet. I suspect it is just another case of bad RNG.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The spawnrate is not great, but at least this is just 1 of 2 regular quests and not 1/100th of a collectible or something.
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    The spawnrate is not great, but at least this is just 1 of 2 regular quests and not 1/100th of a collectible or something.

I mean, I got no pages in 105 possible rooms--not counting the solo run from earlier today when I picked up the quest (also with no pages)--so 1/100th of a collectible seems fitting lmao
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait until you get the second quest after that, as you need to collect 7 items from the different areas of the Archive.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is a little heavy on RNG for sure

there are some runs ive gotten 0-1 and other runs ive gotten like 3 during the run

sometimes those quest arrow markers can be sometimes easy to miss, it also doesnt help if you see one and lose your last thread as you cant pick it up then lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    Wait until you get the second quest after that, as you need to collect 7 items from the different areas of the Archive.

What's the spawn for those? What do you mean by areas?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

What's the spawn for those? What do you mean by areas?

the bookbinding supplies spawn the same as the sheets of paper, but the spawn rate is far lower

it will likely take multiple runs to get all the bookbinding supplies
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014