The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Thank you for group finder

Luke_Flamesword
Luke_Flamesword
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Personally I think that's one of best features that was added to game in recent years. I was many times bored without anything to do and now I can go to group finder to see what's people are up to. Maybe some arena, achievement hunt, trial or something else. I can do vet trials without waiting like fool in Craglorn and it's much easier to find a group without being gated by achievement. Last night I get half-organised, half-PUG group in veteran Sanity Edge and it was really fun! Yeah, I won't get all these HM and no-death achievements this way but basic vet trial will be much more accessible for "casual vet players" without commitment to guilds. I love that I can easily find players to make some specific, niche content (for example secrets from old dungeons) without desperate spamming in zone chats. Yesterday I also made a group for Endless Archive with a specific goal (reaching arc 4 for achiev.) and specific mindset (chill and no pressure) and within minute I got partner, which knows what I want and it's ok with it. It's so simple and so good. I think that many, many players avoided some group content in fear that they will be rejected for their playstyle or needs. Now everyone can just create a group with description of their needs, limitations and preferences and just wait for someone with similiar mindset. You want to roleplay with naked khajiits through Fungal Grotto? Just go for it :D Everything is possible now :D

This feature opens game to much more group play than all these forced changes like group events or Endeveours :) For me it's almost like new life for this game.

I encourage everyone to give it a chance and try it if you have specific needs. In worst case scenario no one will join and that's it.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 4 November 2023 16:46
PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to roleplay with naked khajiits through Fungal Grotto? Just go for it :D Everything is possible now :D

Why do I have a feeling this will actually be a dungeon request at some point :lol:

Glad you had a good experience with the new finder, I hope it becomes more populated as time goes by and more players get in the habit of using it.
    Options
  • ElderSmitter
    ElderSmitter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must not know how to use dungeon group finder. I have looked at it a few times and only have seen a blank screen. I am CP 3000+ With both DPS and Tanks. So i am glad you had a good experience with it.

Yet I always get the same message. "No Groups Match your applied Filters."

Options
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today I find out that's there is "normal" and "veteran" filter for dungeons, arenas, trials so you may need to switch it. It should be option to disable it, to show both version at once...
    Options
  • tejaska
    tejaska
    Today I find out that's there is "normal" and "veteran" filter for dungeons, arenas, trials so you may need to switch it. It should be option to disable it, to show both version at once...

Also, for some reasons, it is set to "veteran" by default for me. And it resets to this default even if I select "normal" trial, then switch to arena, and then back to trial. So as with all other features of this game: it is there, but still broken in one way or another %)

Nonetheless, the feature is great. For example, I did not care about trials before and have never done them, and my guild is 7-10 hours apart from me. But now I am finally able to start getting achievements and filling the stickerbook.
    Options
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, for some reasons, it is set to "veteran" by default for me.
    It's always same thing which you have active in group tab - if you will change to normal there, it will be normal in group finder as well.
    Options
  • tejaska
    tejaska
    It's always same thing which you have active in group tab - if you will change to normal there, it will be normal in group finder as well.

Well, the thing is, I think I have queued for veteran dungeons less than 10 times in my whole life, and the last time was months ago. In the past weeks or even months I've been queueing for exclusively either random or specific normal dungeons. And after the group finder's release, I have never queued for any veteran activity :)
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • tejaska
    tejaska

Ah, disregard my previous message :) I checked the group finder's interface and found that on the Group tab the dungeon mode setting was set to veteran for some reasons. After changing it to normal, the group finder started looking for normal trial by default. I have no idea why it switched to veteran in the first place, but thank you!
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    tejaska wrote: »

Ah, disregard my previous message :) I checked the group finder's interface and found that on the Group tab the dungeon mode setting was set to veteran for some reasons. After changing it to normal, the group finder started looking for normal trial by default. I have no idea why it switched to veteran in the first place, but thank you!

Thanks for asking about this, I was just searching the forums for an answer since I have the same problem - group finder keeps defaulting to Veteran.

I even suspected and checked the group dungeon finder area, but it was Normal. But now I need to check again, I guess I was looking in the wrong place...
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must not know how to use dungeon group finder. I have looked at it a few times and only have seen a blank screen. I am CP 3000+ With both DPS and Tanks. So i am glad you had a good experience with it.

Yet I always get the same message. "No Groups Match your applied Filters."

by default it only searches for groups that match your current role (you can change the filter to see everything)

the other thing ive noticed is that listings fill up and get delisted very quickly, i think it would actually be a bad sign if there were like 20+ listings for trials and they never got filled (sitting in there for many hours) for example
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for making group finder. But there're not much reliable role quality check system.
    It's almost same situation as random matching for me.
    (CP is not so reliable proof of quality)

I've never meet better pug healer than my healer so far. And many of pug DD who can't deal
    better damage than pure tank.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest complaint is actually with the some of the people who create the groups. They put "N/A" for CP requirements then kick lowbies who join. These are Normal trials. Low level doesn't mean low CP. And CP doesn't always mean good player. It's frustrating trying to level alts just to get kicked for being low level. People need to post requirements when they create the group if they want to have requirements.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options