Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game crashes during launch since patch on 10/16

Aurorian
Aurorian
Soul Shriven
So, not sure if “crashes during launch” is the right term. Basically, I hit Play to load the game, it has me sign in and do all the “I agree” things as though its the First time I’ve played. I’ve been playing since early September.

That all goes through and then it starts the intro video. It either crashes during the video or after I hit a key to skip the video. I never reach the character screen.

I’ve repaired through the launcher a few times but that hasn’t helped.

I’ve submitted a ticket but the reply was to do something like uninstall Steam but I don’t use Steam. So now I’m waiting to hear back about what to do if Steam is not involved.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions?

Edited to fix a word
Edited by Aurorian on 26 October 2023 14:42