The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ToT fragment drop rates

Grendalism
Grendalism
✭✭✭
Has anyone had any success with “heavily played cards” or “Colours of Spearhead cloth” fragments, to actually get the set of 10 each on console?

I’m getting the feeling the drop rate is way too low.

Additionally, unlike other collectible fragments (I.e. stone husks), the fragments are bound so can’t be sold.
Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your right on the money there, the drop rate is too low lol

they only reliably can come from purple or higher boxes, which means you have to do a lot of pvp tribute, or do the NPC daily on a lot of charcters

i think ive gotten maybe 3 collectible drops in total since they came out lol, though i dont heavily play tribute but more than once a week (ive gotten 2 heavily played cards and 1 spearhead)

honestly these collectible items should probably be tradeable like the public dungeon collectibles
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate is pretty awful, even if you play Tales regularly. Must be a nightmare grind for people who don't, hence the backlash it's receiving.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have maybe 5 of the heavily played cards and only 2 of the scraps, after doing quite a few dailies, so I'd say the drop rate is pretty horrendous and it will take a really long time to finally complete these. But when it comes to fragments (like the ones we get in the public dungeons, and so on) I've accepted that I may never finish them because for me the time put in the activity is not worth the reward. It's a pity though because the game doesn't have enough cool rewards as it is (what with every shiny thing being locked being crates), so having pets, costumes, guests, etc., as in game-rewards but placed behind a ridiculous RNG system, it's kind of like adding insult to injury.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I have maybe 5 of the heavily played cards and only 2 of the scraps, after doing quite a few dailies, so I'd say the drop rate is pretty horrendous and it will take a really long time to finally complete these. But when it comes to fragments (like the ones we get in the public dungeons, and so on) I've accepted that I may never finish them because for me the time put in the activity is not worth the reward. It's a pity though because the game doesn't have enough cool rewards as it is (what with every shiny thing being locked being crates), so having pets, costumes, guests, etc., as in game-rewards but placed behind a ridiculous RNG system, it's kind of like adding insult to injury.

The public dungeon fragments are quite doable now since they increased the drop rate of the first fragment. It’s just a long grind. I will have all the public dungeons completely done before I get the one ToT lead for sure.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played multiple (6-18) games a day for weeks and have 6 scraps. This is one of the worst drop rates in the game. I wish I could turn of the emote drops as I have no interest in that at all. But nope! It's like the watching lead x10, or I guess 20 because I *can't* turn off the emote drops.
    Edited by MidniteOwl1913 on 2 November 2023 20:18
    PS5/NA
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play 3x npc dailies and 3x PvP *wins* every day.

It took me almost exactly a month to complete both.

If you don't like the game, don't aim for the fragments. The rewards are both crap.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    I play 3x npc dailies and 3x PvP *wins* every day.

It took me almost exactly a month to complete both.

If you don't like the game, don't aim for the fragments. The rewards are both crap.

Before this grind, I did like the game. But spending a couple of hours a day on something for months and not getting anywhere isn't any fun no matter what.

PS5/NA
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    The drop rate is pretty awful, even if you play Tales regularly. Must be a nightmare grind for people who don't, hence the backlash it's receiving.

I can relate, i'm tired of this garbage cardgame...