Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

what is the 'r' quick slot for and how do I put something on it?

PhamTrinli
PhamTrinli
✭✭✭
I figured out that when you put something at the 12 o' clock position on the quick slot 'wheel' it goes into the 'q' slot, but how the heck do you get something on the 'r' button?
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    That's your Ultimate skill slot. Need 12? points in a class skill to unlock.
  • PhamTrinli
    PhamTrinli
    ✭✭✭
    thanks
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just need to level one of your skill lines (excluding weapons) to level 12. This will allow you to use a skill point in that tree's ultimate ability. It's basically your 6th skill on the hotbar, but a more powerful one, They wanted to put it closer to your wasd keys than number 6 would be, so they defaulted it to R. Of course, this can all be rebound elsewhere if you don't like it on the R key.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    ahonma_ESO wrote: »
    That's your Ultimate skill slot. Need 12? points in a class skill to unlock.

Not 12 points, but Rank 12.

The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • PaynusNV
    PaynusNV
    It isnt a matter of how many skill points you need in the class to unlock it, it is what level your class is. Say I have a dawns wrath templar whos player level is 14 and whos dawns wrath level is 20. The level of the dawns wrath (or whatever ultimate you choose)(only weapons dont have ultimates. guilds, classes, and world magic have ultimate skills) determines when you get your ultimate. Refer to your skill page to find which ultimates you wish to use, and what levels in the classes/guilds/worldmagic you can unlock them. I would only recommend using 2 ultimates to keep cost of skill points down.