Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Top reason you chose TESO

MattDawn
MattDawn
Name your biggest reason to play.

Mine is that I love the series, MMORPGS, and open world mechanics.
"What is better, to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort”-Paarthurnax.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Series, combat mechanics, First Person perspective and challenge. I am so tired of mmos where its just a rotation of your skill bar and moving makes no difference, plus I have been wanting a first person perspective MMO for a long time
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • PhamTrinli
    PhamTrinli
    ✭✭✭
    nothing better to play at the moment (as far as MMOs)
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that this is Elder Srolls with mmo capability is what got me into this game(still playing Skyrim with over 200 mods and never grow tired of it!)
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    PhamTrinli wrote: »
    thats sad... or a compliment? im not sure. anyway i love the combat, and just the overall feel!

Edited by Varko on 2 April 2014 06:59
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always been a fan of TES games since Morrowind. It's simply my favourite gaming IP of all time. The great thing about ESO is that it's combining my favourite genre with my favourite gaming IP so it really is a marriage made in gaming heaven.
  • Feroc
    Feroc
    ✭✭✭
    My wife and I are MMORPG fans in general. We try a lot of them.

So the top reason for us was: No other MMO we haven't already tried available.
  • Fancyotter98ub17_ESO
    ESO's pvp is the best pvp ive ever played in any game ever.

I waiting to see if wow's new pvp zone "Ashran" will be as good before I decide to leave ESO for warlords.
  • Tsute
    Tsute
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's not WoW or trying to imitate WoW. The game is very much its own creation and not derivative. That and playing PvP as templar is just too much fun.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love the Elder Scrolls and since Morrowind I have been dreaming about online Elder Scrolls.

Played in betas and I think they have done a very good job with this game so I was confident to get into TESO.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Lizard_man
    Lizard_man
    ✭✭
    Lack of interest in other games, and the fail of such titles such as Total War: Rome II...
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only 1 reason: My friend got me the DDE edt.

Im not spending my money buying a MMO with sub/month mate , end of story, but since i did not have to pay anything for this one , if after the free time i still want to play , i will keep the subs up.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morrowind
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Sheogorath command me to!
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires and Skyrim areas but I look forward to exploring all of Tamriel. I plan on playing ESO for several years possibly 5 years or more if it does really well.
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    Elder scrolls plus I love immersive mmo's.
    Hoping to keep me busy for a few years ( played lotro for 5 years )
    But I try to not get my hopes up too much, I might get disappointed at content update regularity.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find the world immersive! That's the biggest reason. This is the first MMO I've played in years and years that has me exploring and choosing to hoof it on foot versus teleport around or ride my horse. I'm also actually reading all the quests and such. Loving it!
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Really more a sequence of events.

1. A friend of mine was always going on about TES games but I had never played them. When I saw that TESO was coming out, I signed up for beta out of curiosity.

2. Got into the weekend betas and thought it was a different enough to be worth some interest. Played a bit more and really enjoyed it.

3. Finished the current expansion in WoW and no new one for half a year, so the rest was a no brainer. TESO suits me better than other MMOs out at the moment.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose TESO because I hoped dumb people would stay away, but instead they turned up anyways and are already whining about AH, minimap, hotbars and "oh god I die every time!"

Sigh... it was a good game till it lasted
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    ES and lore, combat system, templar class, PVP, crafting. And no faceroll content. Was really happy when I first saw I can actually die on quest, and some bosses are damn hard. Keep it up Zeni.
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it's the combat. I couldn't care less about the ES tag (the story of ES's has never been a strong suit imo), but the combat feels good (for the most part, destruction staves still feel like a sparkler imo). I like not having to rely on a specific rotation. I like being able to move while casting. I like being able to dodge. I REALLY like being able to actively block/bash.

That and, while a lot of people hate it, I like only having 5 skills at a time. It makes me have to really think about each skill more and how it works with the rest of my build. It really adds in an extra bit of fun imo.
  • Hellsaint
    Hellsaint
    ✭✭✭
    1. Might as well get in early, it's clearly moving the MMO genre forward and will be around for many years.
    2. It's Elder Scrolls, online. Elder Scrolls... Online. What could be better than that?
    "Nords are so serious about beards. So many beards. M'aiq thinks they wish they had glorious manes like Khajiit."
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    I love TES and I love MMOs. I'd say it was a perfect fit, but I learnt to be cautious by SW:TOR. :(

I've been disappointed by the recently released MMOs and haven't enjoyed them as much as I used to. I wondered if I just didn't enjoy these sort of online games anymore, but ESO is giving me all of those fabulous MMO feels.

I'm loving the combat, even though I found it overly fiddly in GW2. It's all seemingly clicked with me in this game. :smiley:
  • Drunk3nShaman
    Drunk3nShaman
    Soul Shriven
    Lots of reasons for me, I'm a huge ES fan, Huge MMO fan but for me the single most important reason is the PVP is so like DAoC but with better combat.

Cyrodiil is a godsend! thank you DAoC 2.0....I mean ESO :D
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    Because it is an Elder Scrolls game. Otherwise, I would not play it.
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Granz
    Granz
    ✭✭
    I here for the PvP. I am hoping that this game will be a true RvR / PvP and Mr. Firor can bring us back the amazing days of DAoC!
  • TheAurelian
    I originally chose it because I love TES. I love the universe. But as I went through beta testing and saw just how much effort they put into it between tests, I became convinced that the ZOS team would prove to give me the experience I wanted. It may not be soon and it may even take months but I think this is shaping up to be an incredible game.
    “Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost...." -Hiromu Arakawa-
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PhamTrinli wrote: »

This, its the best on the heaping pile of mmos.
    Edited by cromica81_ESO on 2 April 2014 13:59
  • Kilswytch
    Kilswytch
    I chose this, because I had quite frankly grown bored with my other mmo choices. I have played mmo's for years now dating back to EQ. The content is decent, I'll leave my opinions on pvp out for now since I have had limited interaction with it so far. I, truthfully, haven't played any of the other games in the series, Morro, Obliv,Sky.....but there are some fresh perspectives. I was able to play some of the beta and really liked the diverse offerings that skills and the world had to offer. I was, of course, skeptical about the p2p option, but if they can continue to deliver on the promise of new content, it's not that big of a sink. I feel worse for those people on say xbox one who p2p for their live script, and will have to sink an additional 15/month to p2p eso. That's a deal breaker for me, since my friend doesn't have a pc and only has his console.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    MattDawn wrote: »
    Name your biggest reason to play.

Mine is that I love the series, MMORPGS, and open world mechanics.
    Non-cartoony graphics. This is huge for me. I like realistic graphics/settings...the more realistic, the better.

Neverwinter was a HUGE disappointment to me for this reason, as is EQ. This is the game I was always hoping EQ2 would be. Before this game, Vanguard came the closest. WoW was just awful...it was like being locked in the mind of a 10 year old boy.
  • steerpike1979
    I am playing ESO because my game of choice, Lotro, has provided me with epic disappointments with the Helm's Deep release. Also I wanted to start a fresh game and learn and grow with the game as it progresses. So far I have really enjoyed ESO despite encountering a number of bugged quests. I reckon the bugs will get resolved in a more-or-less quick fashion as the game moves along. I suppose being a brand new MMO that this sort of thing is bound to happen. Looking forward to more adventuring in ESO! :smile: