The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xbox Achievements

WulfTek
WulfTek
Soul Shriven
Hello all.

Let me show you an achievement unlocked by my friend Gilesloltheman.

ax6k8gt64k4k.jpg
6o3ocl8dnba0.png

I presume the problem is fairly obvious.

The transition to account wide achievements has resulted in players essentially only getting two shots at any Trophy or Achievement. Once on the NA server and once on the EU server. Obviously some achievements have hours of work put into them (not including all of the background work invested to get a character up to a certain threshold.)

One proposal I've heard is to is change any Achievement/Trophy 'in game achievement' to a character one instead of an account wide one. I realised this was potentially a viable option as achievements such as the Public Dungeon events and Enchanting Translations already exist with this programming.

Personally I have my doubts as to this solution as it defeats the idea of account-wide achievements. My personal suggestion is to implement more robust checks for achievement unlocks, with frequent failsafes for people who continue to have issues with their achievements unlocking, either at log-on, following server maintenance, something, anything at all really.

It's incredibly unfair for players to sink thousands of hours into a game and to be left with a bugged achievement and the only way to fix it is to start again on the other megaserver, and if it bugs out on that one too? Tough luck, you not flat out cannot unlock that achievement. It's bad enough for examples like the above, but what about Master Angler? Can you honestly say that it's a reasonable expectation for players who grind Master Angler for the express purpose of getting the Xbox achievement, only to have it bug and non unlock, do it again?

I understand the issues surrounding DLC achievements more recently have been resolved, but why are issues like the above not fixed?
  • Invincible666
    I am a victim of this issue too.

Sanity's Edge Vanquisher did not unlock on my Xbox profile, despite unlocking in game.

I think it is unreasonable to expect that I must now reattempt the achievement by levelling a brand new character on a brand new server (EU) where I can't access any existing gear, currency or relationships. I also worry that investing all of that time and energy could be in vain as if the glitch reoccurs, I am officially locked out of completion for the game.

Normally I wouldn't care about a glitched achievement this much but as someone who has accomplished Master Angler and Emperor, I have a sunken cost fallacy occurring and can't simply let this slide.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normally I wouldn't care about a glitched achievement this much but as someone who has accomplished Master Angler and Emperor, I have a sunken cost fallacy occurring and can't simply let this slide.

I have two achievements remaining. Savior of Galen and Emperor. I won't waste my time trying to get Emperor if I can't get Savior of Galen as I won't be able to get 100% regardless. I've tagged several different mods on several occasions and they can't be bothered to respond letting us know if it's being looked at, if it's going to be fixed, or if we're just flat out of luck. I will also note that I absolutely do not appreciate their silly canned response of, "just try it on another character." I don't think that I should have to spend 10+ hours per character over and over again to get the achievements to work in their game. It's just plain rubbish. No other word for it.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Invincible666
    wrote:
    I've tagged several different mods on several occasions and they can't be bothered to respond letting us know if it's being looked at, if it's going to be fixed, or if we're just flat out of luck. I will also note that I absolutely do not appreciate their silly canned response of, "just try it on another character."

And this is the point of the thread. There's an acknowledgement that they can't just grant us the Xbox achievement, nor can Xbox support. But we know the issue; account wide achievements only enable us to have 2 attempts at any achievement. So even the suggestion of 'just try it on another character' has the connotation of both a lot of work and your final chance.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wrote:
    I've tagged several different mods on several occasions and they can't be bothered to respond letting us know if it's being looked at, if it's going to be fixed, or if we're just flat out of luck. I will also note that I absolutely do not appreciate their silly canned response of, "just try it on another character."

And this is the point of the thread. There's an acknowledgement that they can't just grant us the Xbox achievement, nor can Xbox support. But we know the issue; account wide achievements only enable us to have 2 attempts at any achievement. So even the suggestion of 'just try it on another character' has the connotation of both a lot of work and your final chance.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

It has been over a year since any of the mods have responded to posts regarding this issue.

Can we please get some sort of update as to whether or not anyone is looking at broken achievements, if they are going to be fixed, or if it's just going to be an issue going forward? Achievements are a pretty important part of the game and if they're not going to work, then at least be upfront about it.

It seems to be the newer DLC zone achievements and I'm guessing it's a direct product of AWA where meeting the requirements across multiple characters isn't triggering the achievement upon completion.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Invincible666
    So is this subforum just some pseudo community engagement tick-box?

Scrolling through multiple posts and the only engagement from ZOS is moving threads from other forums into whatever this limbo is...
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So is this subforum just some pseudo community engagement tick-box?

Scrolling through multiple posts and the only engagement from ZOS is moving threads from other forums into whatever this limbo is...

That's pretty much what it feels like. It's been OVER ONE YEAR, and we still don't have any updates or further information regarding these broken achievements.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

The initial response said that y'all were aware and that updates would follow and yet there have been no updates. This is the opposite of open communication.

• Invincible666
    Maybe in the upcoming console patch it'll all be fixed? And we can stop posting in this thread.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Posting in this thread feels a lot like screaming into the void. Then again, the Witches Festival is almost over and the Crow boss has been broken the entire time, so that tells you how important fixing anything really is, unless it's related to the Crown Store.
  • Invincible666
    Hopefully with an upcoming console patch some magical fix is ready to go.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully with an upcoming console patch some magical fix is ready to go.

Lol. Not likely.
  • WulfTek
    WulfTek
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately the latest update, Update 40, has not fixed the above issues. If you check Giles' profile you'll see he has still not been awarded the Imperial Lightbringer Xbox achievement.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WulfTek wrote: »
    Unfortunately the latest update, Update 40, has not fixed the above issues. If you check Giles' profile you'll see he has still not been awarded the Imperial Lightbringer Xbox achievement.

I'm working my way through trying to get Savior of Galen AGAIN. I'm not really counting on the achievement unlocking, but some days I'm bored enough to chip away at it.

• Invincible666
    Well my EU character is almost level 50. What CP should I get to so I can enter a PUG trial?
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well my EU character is almost level 50. What CP should I get to so I can enter a PUG trial?

You could probably hit CP 1000 before we get an official response from ZOS regarding these broken achievements.

• Invincible666
    Happy Holidays everyone!

Hope everyone is having success with their second characters!
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happy Holidays everyone!

Hope everyone is having success with their second characters!

Yeah... I knocked out all of the achievements on yet another character on NA with no joy, so I finally broke down and created a character on EU. It's was a bit more of a slog with a 0 speed mount and no gear, but managed to get the Savior of Galen achievement with my level 19 Templar. Isn't it awesome that not only will ZOS not communicate with the players in regards to broken achievements, but WE have to find ways to work around their broken content!

• Invincible666
    Happy New Year

160 and gearing up to do a trial I've already completed for an Xbox achievement that should have unlocked.

Any comments Zenimax?
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happy New Year

160 and gearing up to do a trial I've already completed for an Xbox achievement that should have unlocked.

Any comments Zenimax?

Lol. Odds are they'll close this thread due to age, long before responding.

• arteen_eso
    arteen_eso
    ✭✭
    I also didn't get the Sanity's Edge Xbox achievement and had to create a brand new EU character to unlock it.

It's frustrating that ZOS isn't willing to fix this.

I can't imagine it'd be that difficult to fix either. Maybe once per login, have the game iterate through all of the in-game achievements that are associated with Xbox achievements, then pop any that are missing on the Xbox side.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    arteen_eso wrote: »
    I also didn't get the Sanity's Edge Xbox achievement and had to create a brand new EU character to unlock it.

It's frustrating that ZOS isn't willing to fix this.

I can't imagine it'd be that difficult to fix either. Maybe once per login, have the game iterate through all of the in-game achievements that are associated with Xbox achievements, then pop any that are missing on the Xbox side.

My in-game achievements for Kyne's Aegis are busted, most likely thanks to AwA. I was going to try for the Kyne's Deliverance achievement to get the Dawnbringer title, however the checklist isn't showing the achievements that I've already completed, such as Kyne's Aegis Vanquisher. I have the in-game achievement unlocked, but it's not checked for the achievement that I'm working on.

• Invincible666
    Just a friendly bump that this issue is still an issue.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a friendly bump that this issue is still an issue.

I appreciate your dedication, but it's been well over a year without any real response. This is clearly an issue they aren't concerned about.

• HuciturGuru
    HuciturGuru
    Soul Shriven
    I have numerous achievements that haven't unlocked! I went through my list the other day and was shocked! Cyrodil cave delver, cyrodil skyshard hunter, western Skyrim saviour to name a few! @ZOS_Icy @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober clearly many players are having this issue. If this isn't going to be worked on the a comment to say something along these lines would be appreciated here. I've personally tried going via Bethesda and they pass it off to Xbox, Xbox say because it's just linked to ESO then we need to contact ESO. It seems no one wants to deal with this. Can anyone help here?
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on 19 April 2024 02:16
  • HuciturGuru
    HuciturGuru
    Soul Shriven
    Obligatory post to bump this! I have had to create another character on another server to redo some of my missing achievements. Although tamriel skyshard hunter and anchors away are going to be a long grind 😔 @ZOS_Icy @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on 19 April 2024 02:12