The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Jewelry Hireling

EnerG
EnerG
✭✭✭✭✭
With jewelry getting standardized, want to ask zos again to reconsider jewelry hirelings. That is all lol.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 23 October 2023 03:12
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, an Argonian searching for tail jewelry would make sense. For personality think Sharp😺
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Agree, an Argonian searching for tail jewelry would make sense. For personality think Sharp😺
    Yeah, Sharp would love foraging around in the wilderness, far away from the maddening noisy hordes of people, looking for nodes.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I do think ZOS would want to do this, I think they won't add a jewelry hireling with the way hirelings work now.

My guess is they are thinking of a way to change hireling emails to something else entirely, as that resource mailingsystem taxes the servers quite a bit(as even offline characters/accounts get mail and have mail stored). (maybe allow us to pick up the different resources at each different craftingtable, or create a new NPC where we can pick up all those resources in one go)

Personally I'd love to have an NPC available where we can pick up all the resources in one go. Just open the dialog with this NPC and all the different resources are granted right away, depending on crafting hireling skilllevel. No need to talk to this NPC or anything, just click them once to open the dialog and get all the different resources.
    Options
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold Jewellery is supposed to be expensive and rare. Zos are ruining the whole system, and are also making green, purple and blue jewellery pointless
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    h9dlb wrote: »
    Gold Jewellery is supposed to be expensive and rare. Zos are ruining the whole system, and are also making green, purple and blue jewellery pointless
    Not really, the upgrade materials were WAY too rare. I'm glad they did this, as now normally playing can get you jewelry resource nodes again.

Jewelry resource nodes combined with add-ons and some players only targeting jewelry nodes due to their value, anyone else was barely able to get any jewelry resource nodes. For a base gear resource for three slots, this wasn't a good thing. So I am glad they are changing it.

Those farming extremely rare items for gold, still have plenty of ways to make gold left. (perfect roe for example)

PS: ZOS should fix psijjic portals as well, as they have the same rarity issue. Maybe disguise psijjic portals as regular runenodes, so those farming runenodes may get one by surprise every once in a while. Right now we are only picking runenodes for others to pick up the psijjic portals after us, instead of creating/looting the portals for our own. Would be much more fair.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess, in the same way that transmutation and reconstruction “ruined” the need to farm without a guaranteed end. Most people aren’t really encouraged when it feels like their goals are unreasonably out of reach, so this will help accessibility.

It used to cost more to get 1 plating than to gold out an entire clothing piece. I have lost count of the jewelry I golded out for tri progs, and I am very happy the cost will go down for everyone. It is long overdue, imo.
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The advantage goes to players with lots of alts, all my jewelry on 20 characters is gold out and didn't spend anything to do it. It's about a 20% chance you get 1-2 Chromium Grains, sometimes a full Plating from the max rank writ boxes, with 20 characters gets me 3-4 Plating a week. Right now I'm sitting on 60+ Chromium Plating most of it from crafting daily writs.
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might depend upon what they do with drop rates from the daily jewelry writs. Do we still get terne/iridium/zircon... or will it just be chromium (like the other crafts)?
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options
  • BigMakatak
    BigMakatak
    ✭✭✭
    Back on topic, I would like to request that a Jewelry Crafter hireling be added, too, as well as an Alchemist hireling (what with Alchemy being the only other trade-skill without a hireling :cry:).
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigMakatak wrote: »
    Back on topic, I would like to request that a Jewelry Crafter hireling be added, too, as well as an Alchemist hireling (what with Alchemy being the only other trade-skill without a hireling :cry:).

Alchemy currently has two unique ways of getting mats that other trades do not:

First, it has a bit of a “pseudo-hireling” in Remains-Silent. You can only get poison mats from her, and the mats don’t come in the mail, but it’s a free daily chance at a satchel per character who has the one skill point invested. It requires access to the Dark Brotherhood to level up the line, but once you get it leveled you no longer need access to the DLC, just like how Blade of Woe works. It also has an opportunity cost that hirelings do not, as the satchel is one option among a few; it is also not guaranteed from the dialogue option that gives it. (You can get actual potions instead.) This strikes me as their first attempt to provide some of the mats that might have come in a hireling, but I think they realized it wasn’t a sufficient replacement.

Now you can also get dragon parts and the base game potion mats missing from Remains-Silent’s loot table (including columbine and corn flower) from the box on Tideholm once per account per day. That one doesn’t take any skill points but is dependent on access to Dragonhold. Again, it isn’t a proper replacement for a hireling, as it’s DLC locked and once per account daily. It isn’t even the only source of dragon rheum, which can also drop from Tales of Tribute reward coffers on characters who have not done the Good Bits quest to unlock the drop from dragons. (ToT coffers can drop mats from other crafts too.)

While I’d be happy for a regular alchemy hireling, since these two options don’t really replace one, I worry that any hope sailed when we got those alternatives, which are at least better than nothing.

I’m also curious to see if they ever change the remaining things that make the jewelrycrafting skill line different from the other crafts: not just the hireling but also the research slots and the pulverized form of the trait mats.
    Options
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting and Alchemy crafting hirelings woukd be an incredible addition!.
    Options
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not so much the chromium plating, it's the materials for the traits bloodthirsty and triune that are rarer
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

I prefer Heemjas though!

"I am filled - with sap and fury."
    Options
  • BigMakatak
    BigMakatak
    ✭✭✭
    @Sarannah You make it sound like some of the nodes that can give either raw blacksmithing OR raw JC mats are being changed to only offer raw JC mats; am I right? Is this true? That WOULD be a big help. And something similar should be done with nodes that currently can offer either runestones or Psijic portals; there are plenty of out-of-the-way places that are just perfect for hiding a Psijic portal.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic. as it's related to crafting.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another vote for a Jewelry hireling. Even if it's only the unrefined pulverized trait materials that they bring.

Screenshot_2023-12-01_095252.png?ex=657c688b&is=6569f38b&hm=4821cb450658292e34e0eac16a4d2b5400b5b525801df1187cc58d8f6e3c18c3&
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I guess, in the same way that transmutation and reconstruction “ruined” the need to farm without a guaranteed end. Most people aren’t really encouraged when it feels like their goals are unreasonably out of reach, so this will help accessibility.

It used to cost more to get 1 plating than to gold out an entire clothing piece. I have lost count of the jewelry I golded out for tri progs, and I am very happy the cost will go down for everyone. It is long overdue, imo.

And an additional silver lining is it seems to have reduced the number of bots in some of the starter areas at least in PSNA.

PS5/NA
    Options