Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Daedric Summoning pet tanking?

rylixav
rylixav
✭✭✭
Do any of the creatures summoned with the Sorcerer's Daedric Summoning skill line have any skills that taunt or generate extra threat? I notice that the Clanfear morph says something about a charge and tail swipe which sounds vaguely tankish.
  • horrorlion
    Nah hes useless
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clannfear is a very good tank. He can take a surprising amount of punishment, and compared to the beta, they seemed to have significantly buffed his melee damage.

As for taunting, I don't think so. He can draw aggro, but depending on the enemy you are fighting, even from range, they can switch their attention at you.[the summoner] But 75% of the time, the Clannfear will draw most of the aggro. For ex: if fighting a trio of enemies, the Clannfear will draw the aggro of two of them. The third will often ignore him and pursue you.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    My main is a healer that uses summons in solo PvE. While not that great at "taunting" they will draw agro if you pause your attacks for a second or two. I like to have two pets for soloing so I can keep them between me and mobs. In PvP I drop them both but still use summoning ultimate. You'd be surprised how many people will run into live fire just to activate it.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House