Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stock Up On Consumables/Mats

Korah_Eaglecry
Korah_Eaglecry
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Im predicting with the lack of an Auction House. Consumables/Mats are going to be where the gravy truely is.

Armor and Weapons are definitely not going to be as widely sold and purchased since any selling/buying will take place in a smaller circle of players. Once these players max out their characters. There wont be as much movement of these types of items.

Beware of Trade Guilds. They have good intentions now but theyre doomed to become places of inflated prices and gold pinching. Auction Houses have long been plagued by Re-sellers and Trade Guilds will be like a moth to a flame for them. I would not be shocked if items end up moved from Trade Guild to Trade Guild steadily increasing in price. Unfortunately these Trade Guilds will also be one of the few places that youll be able to look for things you may not be able to acquire through your normal Guilds. As well itll be where youll actually be able to make a decent coin for your consumables/mats. They will be a necessary evil.
Penniless Sellsword Company
Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Karaena_Aedoth
    Thanks.
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    We will see. It sounds like the developers are well aware that not everyone shares their optimism about the current guild store mechanisms and may be open to feedback about alternative designs if it crashes and burns (but not in the absence of live gameplay experience).
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    There are now, and have been in beta, many threads posted on this topic. I am glad that there is no AH. In most games with an AH the most over priced mats are level 1 and level cap. Last night in ESO I tried to sell 100 Jute (not Raw Jute) for 400gp (the price a vendor would give me) and got no responses. I guess everyone had their own Jute. In ESO the best items I have found are quest rewards and boss drops that anyone can get and then upgrade. If you are active in PvP the rewards there are almost as good. I got at least 20 items all at my level just last night. I researched some and vendored the rest because I knew that trying to sell them was pointless when everyone else was getting the same rewards.

Were I have had great luck is the barter economy:

"Hey I'll trade you this Helmet for that Bow"
    "I don't want a Helmet, got any Jute?"

:)

Edit for smiley

Edited by Lazarus_Long on 2 April 2014 06:06
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House