Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

InstallAnywhere Self-Extractor has stopped working error

TraxSeos
TraxSeos
So i pre-ordered ESO today at gamestop and got the early access code. I logged onto ESO via website and tried downloading the launcher. Every time i try to open the Install_ESO.exe file i get the error InstallAnywhere Self-Extractor has stopped working error

Anyone else with a similar issue? Ive done some reading but havnt found anything that applies that error with trying to run a download.
  • TraxSeos
    TraxSeos
    Ive tried running as Admin, and moving the file around. Im redownloading the client right now to see if that helps.
  • kickamyassa_ESO
    While i haven't gotten the error. I did find a forum post from 2013 that mentions this problem, it seems to be an issue with how big the file is. If the installer is under a certain size it seems to fix the problem. in the meantime this post here might help you get the game installed.
  • TraxSeos
    TraxSeos
    I just redownloaded it and it worked fine. But that error messege is still mysterious.
  • Noersk
    Noersk
    i had the same problem, until i googl'd "download elder scroll online beta" and i found this video on youtube

"Elder Scrolls Online Beta Testing Full Installation Tutorial HD Part 2"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu0haqAJhfQ

i downloaded the beta installer of which the file-size is about 50.mb or so, downloading now as we speak...

just hit the description and download from there, dont play it here, open in a new tab

19.gb remaining

and yes, i tried to re-download the installer form my account, but it didn't work, had some really *** up behaviour from the installer, saying i couldn't unpack its content and "java vm error" was mentioned....etc etc...i just bought the game to day, and i was rather pissed when it didn't work, i just hope that this source can stand as a legit and valid solution to fix this, did a great favour and helped me out.
    Edited by Noersk on 6 April 2014 22:58