Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Wailing Prison Weapon Choices

zenaphexb14_ESO
zenaphexb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
The weapon choices seemed to have changed. I couldn't locate the daggers. What happened to them?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were never daggers, to my memory, but you have a few basic weapons in the first room and a lot of drops in containers when you go through Coldharbor.
    ----
    Murray?
  • zenaphexb14_ESO
    zenaphexb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry guess my memory isn't serving me well. The weapon arrangement is different. I don't understand why there is no dagger choice, though. Will check the containers.
    Edited by zenaphexb14_ESO on 2 April 2014 03:19
  • Kelara
    Kelara
    Soul Shriven
    There was definitely a change, before the last beta. There are a LOT of weapons in containers though. I think I've found all types.
    Edited by Kelara on 2 April 2014 05:15
  • slymerub17_ESO
    There's actually a ton of decent starting equipment if you search around a bit.
  • Rek
    Rek
    ✭✭
    Under the old armory you could get dual axes. No daggers. They reduced the choices for various reasons but you can now actually take all the ones available.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the did reduce the number of choices in the stress test that took place in late February. You only have 3 on the table now instead of one of everything. I got 4 levels in Destruction staff before I found a Restoration staff. It's not a huge deal to me since I'll put some point into that tree...someday.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Judge_Mental_One
    I for one didn't like the fact you could no longer pick a bow at the start. nor was there 2 one handers to dual wield with (though a mob or chest droppped me a second weapon fairly fast). I searched everywhere and opened every chest, urn, etc all the way through the tutorial editor, and no bow. I ground mobs for awhile and no bow.

I did see at least 1 person in cold harbour using a bow, so I know its possible to get one, the game just decided that it wasn't for me.

It is wrong in my opinion to have this be possible. Its a small thing but I missed out on a fair amount of Xp for my chosen weapon (I was almost lvl 5 when i left cold harbour), and was forced to use weapons and gain xp in weapon lines I wont pick up again. There used to be bows and dual wield options from the get go, why on earch did they change it?

Did they feel it was nesecary to give 1h/s, staff, and 2h users a bit of a head start on their weapon line of choice for some reason?
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    Yep now you have the choices of the cold staff a two handed mace and a sword and shield. No more bow...no more life staff...no more axe....and yes there was a dagger a single one a number of tests ago.

I am surprised you didn't mention the alteration of the area about no longer traveling around those bridges....or how the chests are now always there in stead of vanishing. Which now makes some people stay in some places camping the chests.

• MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    If you're looking for duel weapons to level in that skill, you won't find them on the table in the second Wailing Prison dungeon. However, for my two dual wielding characters, I've managed to get two weapons before I get out of the dungeon by doing this:

After the weapons table, you'll go to the next two dungeons and meet Lyris Titanborn. She'll lead you to the open area filled with Flame Atronachs and Feral Shriven. Just start killing all of them you can find. You might have to kill fifty or seventy of them, but eventually you'll get a second one-hand weapon - usually an axe or a mace. Then level up like you want.

I do this so I can use my skill points on dual wielding right out of the gate. I hope that helps.
    Edited by MaxBat on 2 April 2014 05:37
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    I for one didn't like the fact you could no longer pick a bow at the start. nor was there 2 one handers to dual wield with (though a mob or chest droppped me a second weapon fairly fast). I searched everywhere and opened every chest, urn, etc all the way through the tutorial editor, and no bow. I ground mobs for awhile and no bow...

The quest reward for exiting CH has given me a bow 2 times in early access and once during the last stress test. Maybe because the game was reading my mind and knew I was not going to use a bow on those toons.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • zenaphexb14_ESO
    zenaphexb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just for the record, I killed many things and looted many containers and chests but never got a dagger. Did get more swords, shields and light/medium gear, though. I don't even have enough gold yet to buy a dagger. Hopefully I get a drop or rewarded one via quest soon. Could really use a dual dagger choice from the beginning to help out an assassin lover here.
    Edited by zenaphexb14_ESO on 2 April 2014 23:33