The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New dungeon modes idea

wilykcat
wilykcat
✭✭✭✭✭
🟦 get new DLC dungeons added into the game that has optional 3 settings: story, normal, hard mode for the whole dungeon.

Note: Players can vote for which mode at the very beginning before starting. If no one votes it will decide random. The vote setting is optional and will have enable/disable checkbox in the LFG tool.

🟥 get all of base game dungeons revamped that has the optional 3 settings. Which is story, normal, and hard modes.

🟪Get new dungeons in general that have huge environments, can get lost in, and has multiple paths. Similar to explorable mode dungeons in gw2 as I can remember.
Edited by wilykcat on 30 August 2023 23:47

New dungeon modes idea 6 votes

🟦
16%
AvalonRanger 1 vote
🟥
50%
NeuroticPixelswilykcatKatzenzunge 3 votes
I like waffles 🧇
33%
pelle412Kappachi 2 votes
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You list three different schemes but only have two of them noted in the poll. There is no way to vote for the GW2 option.

Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🟥
    Hint:
    It's the 🧇 waffle one.
    Edited by wilykcat on 30 August 2023 23:54
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the blue and red options. Since we already have Normal and Veteran modes just adding a Story mode would give us something for everyone.

My only concern with purple is that it would make for a long run and in general players want to get through these quickly. But if the extra paths and exploring were optional it may work out. Or they could be part of the Story mode.
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 August 2023 00:38
    PCNA
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🟥
    Yeah. I forgot to mention for 🟪 option (which is actually the 🧇 one); yes, the paths are optional.
    Options
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id give support to the people that want story mode for sure, but for me i would really like random vet dlc only please.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    Hint:
    It's the 🧇 waffle one.

One is purple. One is yellow. Just FYI.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you propose, that we vote for difficulty after entering the dungeon? No thanks, lol. I like to decide that beforehand.

I'd be fine with some sort of story mode. Without the transmutes of course, as you don't fulfill the prerequisites anymore.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd vote for the three modes: story, normal, veteran for all dungeons, whether DLC or base game.

I've enjoyed doing some of the dungeons in the game at my own pace, but I can't solo (or duo with my companion) all of them. A story mode would work out well for me in that regard.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not transmutes?
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 August 2023 03:25
    PCNA
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not transmutes? That hasn't been determined yet because a story mode doesn't yet exist.

That's simple: Transmutes are rewarded for keeping the population somewhat healthy for random group finder, not for completing a dungeon solo.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think depending on the implementation it might be more prudent to test changes with new DLC dungeons rather than redoing all of the base game dungeons. That way if the reception isn't good, you won't have burnt that much effort. Ideas can appear to be good in theory but, run into issues in practice.

I think it would be a good idea to have more difficulty settings for dungeons but, I think you could hit challenges when it comes to implementation.

Personally, I think longer dungeons where people could get lost might be fun with friends or solo but it might not provide a great experience for players on dungeon finder. You've got a decent chance part of the group is going to know the way and rush leaving the other section to be lost for a bit then get dragged to an encounter in progress.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what about the players queueing for story mode? They are helping fill those groups. As far as I know story mode doesn't mean it can't be done in a group.
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 August 2023 03:32
    PCNA
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And what about the players queueing for story mode? They are helping fill those groups. As far as I know story mode doesn't mean it can't be done in a group.

As far as I understand the ongoing discussion about a story mode, people demand a solo experience to enjoy dungeon quests at their own pace (without speedrunners and so on), not an even easier mode than normal to be done in groups.
    ---
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »

As far as I understand the ongoing discussion about a story mode, people demand a solo experience to enjoy dungeon quests at their own pace (without speedrunners and so on), not an even easier mode than normal to be done in groups.

Maybe they want to join groups to roleplay through the story. I never heard that it would have to be solo.
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 August 2023 03:47
    PCNA
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe they want to join groups to roleplay through the story. I never heard that it would have to be solo.

Then the roleplay-experience shall be their well-deserved reward. But handing out transmutes like candy in solocontent would massively impact the random group finder queues. That's out of the question.

Otherwise they could as well do a separated veteran overland, which rewards transmute by questing.

[Snip]

[Edited for minor bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 31 August 2023 14:34
    ---
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons are already separated into groups, unlike overland.
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 August 2023 04:31
    PCNA
    Options
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then the roleplay-experience shall be their well-deserved reward. But handing out transmutes like candy in solocontent would massively impact the random group finder queues. That's out of the question.

Otherwise they could as well do a separated veteran overland, which rewards transmute by questing.

[Snip]

Also, players can already do this. You just, fine these people and enter the dungeon together. The whole point of a story mode is to make it solosble like story overland content, but you shouldn’t be rewarded transmutes for this similar to how you aren’t for any other story content in the game.

The only stuff that’s gives you transmutes outside of events is group content.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 31 August 2023 14:34
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaustink wrote: »

[Snip]

Also, players can already do this. You just, fine these people and enter the dungeon together. The whole point of a story mode is to make it solosble like story overland content, but you shouldn’t be rewarded transmutes for this similar to how you aren’t for any other story content in the game.

i can get fifty transmute crystals from cyrodiil campaign rewards by doing daily quests completely alone

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 31 August 2023 14:35
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

[Snip]

i can get fifty transmute crystals from cyrodiil campaign rewards by doing daily quests completely alone

Yeah, PvP involves other players, ya know? Not hard to see the similarities to random group finder, isn't it?

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 31 August 2023 14:35
    ---
    Options
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Snip]

[Edited quote]

Ok this is the one instance, that’s not the point lol. There’s no reason to reward transmutes for story content?? We’ve never gotten story content rewards like that before. I WISH they would, but that’s not how it works, so it doesn’t make sense that a story mode dungeon on super easy difficulty should either. It should also give zone loot like story quests and not dungeon loot. Otherwise this would completely remove the point of doing other difficulties?
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[Snip]

[Edited quote]

Ok this is the one instance, that’s not the point lol. There’s no reason to reward transmutes for story content?? We’ve never gotten story content rewards like that before. I WISH they would, but that’s not how it works, so it doesn’t make sense that a story mode dungeon on super easy difficulty should either. It should also give zone loot like story quests and not dungeon loot. Otherwise this would completely remove the point of doing other difficulties?

I assume that's exactly their intent, as some people despise grouping wholeheartedly and nonetheless force themselves to play a multiplayer game.

---
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A multiplayer game is one that has multiple players in the game world at the same time. These players may group if they wish but they aren't required to, much like real life.

In real life when I go to the grocery store there are multiple others also in the same grocery store. We are all shopping independently and are not required to form groups to get produce etc..

Some dungeons, trials and arenas are the only things that a player needs a group for. Every other activity can be solo'd.
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 August 2023 16:39
    PCNA
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A multiplayer game is one that has multiple players in the game world at the same time. These players may group if they wish but they aren't required to, much like real life.

In real life when I go to the grocery store there are multiple others also in the same grocery store. We are all shopping independently and are not required to form groups to get produce etc..

Look at this list then and compare that to your idea of rewarding transmutes for solo content:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Transmute_Crystals

Maybe you'll get it then. If not it's ok too, as braindead easy solo content will never reward transmutes anyways.
    ---
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some dungeons, trials and arenas are the only things that a player needs a group for. Every other activity can be solo'd.

And don't reward transumtes outside of PvP (which can't also be played solo).

The only exception to this are vma and vet vateshran, which reward 5 crystals per completion.

Edited by Braffin on 31 August 2023 16:46
    ---
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has not been determined that story mode dungeons will be solo only.

Nor has it not been determined that we will not be able to queue for story mode dungeons.

Story mode dungeons have not even been announced as feature they wish to add, but when and if they do then we will see.
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 August 2023 16:53
    PCNA
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It has not been determined that story mode dungeons will be solo only.

Nor has it not been determined that we will not be able to queue for story mode dungeons.

Story mode dungeons have not even been announced as feature they wish to add, but when and if they do then we will see.

It doesn't matter if you can group for possibly added story dungeons. You already can group for almost all content in this game, except a very few story instances. Although you don't get transmutes for doing so.

Outside of random group finder and PvP they are clearly a reward for doing vet content. Story mode dungeons are far too easy for a reward like that. Consider, you get exactly 1 transmute for doing a pledge on normal mode now. How much should story mode reward, 0,2?

Additionally the only way a story mode would make sense is to make dungeons soloable, as enjoying the story together is already possible.
    ---
    Options
  • RoseTheSnowElf
    RoseTheSnowElf
    ✭✭✭
    I really want story mode for all dungeons.

I would also like for all the quests to be repeatable. I've intentionally avoided doing all dgn quests since High Isle because I still don't really know what is going on in most dgn quests, especially dlc dgn quests. And I'd like a chance to redo with my main.

But my suggestion for how to apply it would be leave the Dgn finder as is. No story mode added. My reasons would be that ppl who want to quest either largely quest solo or largely quest with friends. No need for random group finder. Plus I see someone somewhere figuring out a way to abuse RND grp finder Story Mode and ruining it for ppl and creating a whole new category of complaints.

Since ppl who quest either alone or with friends in a pre-made grp can travel to their dgn of choice, the option for story mode can either be at;

-the door, and Crown gets to choose

-in the grp menu (where Crown picks Normal or Vet... now also Story Mode)

-or at the beginning and the quest giver has a blue arrow marker for repeatable quest.

On top of all that, I'd be supportive of no loot drops in Story Mode and XP gain that matches XP gain during main story and side questing.

BUT we definitely should still get the Skill point at the end for the 1st time we do the quest. Since the skill point is already tied to the quest, not dgn completion.
    PS5 NA EP GH

Wood Elf NB - 5 Star

Dark Elf Arcanist (healer) - AR 37
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Less gw2 mentions and I'd be fine. But seriously talking I'd just like more of what dlc dungeons are now, would be plenty enough. Can't care less if it would be b2p or base game.
    Options