The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Login Queue reason?

Warndihr
Warndihr
✭✭✭
Z, Please explain the reason for the login queue?
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think...
    my guess that it's some kind of Denial-of-Service(DoS) attack?...

This happens when the servers get overwhelmed with unusually high amounts of log in requests. Which is too much for the servers to handle. The problems it causes are delayed log in times, sudden and constant disconnections, slow performance/ load times, and not being able to access the game and or certain servers.

Sometimes it can take up to a few days for the servers to return back to normal.

Luckily there are cyber security, I.T, server technicians, and others that are currently working on investigating the issue, fixing the servers, and are solving the problem.

They are working on resolving this issue as fast as they can. Once the problem is solved then everyone will enjoy being able to play the game again. 😉
    Edited by wilykcat on 30 July 2023 05:03
    Options
  • Tomasius
    Tomasius
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that there's a little congestion; something that's bound to happen at peak times during events or (for future warning: in the first hour or two when a new release comes online). Just wait for when Update 39 goes live!

Even AWS can be set on fire if enough people pile on at once and Amazon's AWS service is gargantuan and scalable if my sources are correct. Over in another game, which won't be named, we all sometimes pile on for a fresh release (which is part of testing ... oups, I said too much already! :lol: ) and well, there are login queues out past an hour.

Don't forget your marshmellows and some tender young redgum twigs to roast them in the server fires.
    Few sweets are tastier!!
    Ex dubium scientia.
    From doubt [comes] knowledge
    Options
  • Warndihr
    Warndihr
    ✭✭✭
    23 minutes queue today???? Whats going on Zenimax? This is really not a part of the most fundamential player experience!
    Options
  • tulx
    tulx
    ✭✭
    Warndihr wrote: »
    23 minutes queue today???? Whats going on Zenimax? This is really not a part of the most fundamential player experience!

Currently waiting in a 1h 15min queue. :)
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    I think...

This happens when the servers get overwhelmed with unusually high amounts of log in requests. Which is too much for the servers to handle. The problems it causes are delayed log in times, sudden and constant disconnections, slow performance/ load times, and not being able to access the game and or certain servers.

Sometimes it can take up to a few days for the servers to return back to normal.

Luckily there are cyber security, I.T, server technicians, and others that are currently working on investigating the issue, fixing the servers, and are solving the problem.

They are working on resolving this issue as fast as they can. Once the problem is solved then everyone will enjoy being able to play the game again. 😉

This is kind of response we need from ZOS instead of their stone cold silence. If it was an attack or anythingwe would understand and be a lot more compliant to the situation insead of highly irritated like we are now,
    Options
  • Meowzette
    Meowzette
    Soul Shriven
    1 hour 36 minutes for EU queue so I switched to NA and its 46 minutes to get in. This is ridiculous.
    Options
  • radogamer
    radogamer
    ✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    I think...

Please post this in the US Server Tech Support forum, a lot of people would appreciate This viable explanation!!
    Options
  • GovanSky
    GovanSky
    Soul Shriven
    My 15 minute queue has taken 17 minutes and is still counting down. This is fun.
    Options
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thread is 7 years old!
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    That thread is 7 years old!

Servers lagged out, they just got the memo :D
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got hit yesterday morning with a 1 hr 15 min queue (PC/NA) but it actually popped in 15 minutes, and was able to log in again later that evening without a queue.

It's very possible that this was out of their control so I'm not going to rage quit the game, but the silence from ZOS on this is deafening. I know they don't owe us an explanation but it sure would be nice to get one.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Huy
    Huy
    Soul Shriven
    Isue (on EU) is not resolved! Got the same trouble as before: Access code is needed (do not know why). Access code is not beeing received. Restarting game did NOT resolve this isue!
    Please repair your game / server!!!
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They got new server upgrades. When there is a new upgrade there are always a few bugs and glitches. Then they quickly read the reports, investigate, and then fix the issues accordingly.
    Edited by wilykcat on 18 August 2023 13:07
    Options
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Here to say, and totally necro, that this still happens at least once a week, non peak times, entering the SEVENTH month.
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
    Options