Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Did the unexpected maintenance fix anything?

Mosti
Mosti
✭✭✭
Were any of the questing bugs fixed during downtime? Or Any of the known bugs fixed?
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    Usually restarts fix loading issues and things like that. Whether it's log on related or mobs not respawning.

I could be wrong though.
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    Most common reason to server restart is for fixin logs, temp caches which same takes care of login issues, spawnings, stucked/half started events.
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    Just guessing, but if I were them I would want to work on stuff before 3 day early access starts...Hopefully some quest difficulties will be fixed as some of these quest bugs will be made worse with even more players.
  • Beachcomber
    I found bugs disappear if you log out and log back in
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭

Yes that seems to be the work around. Sometimes you need to log out for a few minutes for it to reset.

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Taeko
    Taeko
    Yes, totally agree, but a seamless play experience is the goal right? Plus with each new wave of players there will be a ton of people who don't know about logging in/out, complaining on zone chat...
    Just to be clear I love this game and I think ESO did a great job. Thanks ESO!
  • ChezKurg
    ChezKurg
    Taeko wrote: »
    Just guessing, but if I were them I would want to work on stuff before 3 day early access starts...Hopefully some quest difficulties will be fixed as some of these quest bugs will be made worse with even more players.

3 day early access started this morning at 7am EDT. They are already able to play.
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    ChezKurg wrote: »
    Taeko wrote: »

3 day early access started this morning at 7am EDT. They are already able to play.
    Oh woops! lol Well, it still makes sense they're doing maintenance right now before evening.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine in the future the following two sections will have information on reboots; this one:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/server-status

And possibly this one when patches are released:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/patch-notes
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread title is more accurate than the notification given form ZOS.

"The servers were taken down for a scheduled maintenance..." :p
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    Mosti wrote: »
    DID THE UNEXPECTED MAINTENANCE FIX ANYTHING?

Not for me. Before the maintenance the game was playable for me. Just one little quest that didn't work. After this 'maintenance' I have far more problems. Can't fight, enemies are freeezing, I can't see other players, can't open doors...

Just to name a few new problems I seem to have now :neutral_face:
    Edited by Myrdreth on 1 April 2014 20:02
    ~ ♥ ~
  • Sonic260
    Sonic260
    ✭✭
    It certainly fixed the Bloodthorn Assassins quest for me and other players who were experiencing respawning issues.
  • Mosti
    Mosti
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still having problems with the guardians quest on Eb side, even after relogging and waiting minutes even a night still nothing :(
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    Still having problems with the guardian quest, too. But I could finish the green quest with Holgunn. He now was at the markers place. ^^
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net
  • Vodkaphile
    Vodkaphile
    ✭✭✭
    This is to be expected at the release of a new MMO. It is frustrating, no doubt, but take it in stride and realize that this is an amazing game that is definitely going through some early growing pains. I for one am pretty amazed how stable the game was up until the last maintenance, which seemed to destabilize the game a bit more, so hopefully they rectify that.