The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necrom main story quest chain is confusing

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm doing the main story quest chain on my second character now and I am still confused on where to go or what to do next. There just doesn't seem to be any clear direction and I have no idea what I'm doing. Does anyone else find this quest chain confusing?
PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont remember having issues with it, but i could see the initial part being confusing because it has a "main" quest and then 3 "sub quests" that are all required to be completed to actually complete that main quest

i think they were trying to set it up so you could do those 3 quests in any order but the implementation was not the best from a UI perspective

(if it sounds vague its cause i dont remember the exact quest names, but im assuming this is the part that your getting lost on)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first quest, "Fate's Proxy," is a holder quest for three subquests, "Keeper of the Fate," "Spirit of Fate," and "Fate's Lost Dream." After you speak to Leramil at the bindery, she'll conjure up portals that will let you do the subquests in any order. Once you go through a portal, you should find a nearby NPC whom you can speak to to start the subquest.

At the end of each subquest, Leramil will appear and open a portal back to the bindery, which will let you quickly travel to the areas for the remaining subquests. Once you've completed "Keeper of the Fate," "Spirit of Fate," and "Fate's Lost Dream," you can speak to Leramil to complete "Fate's Proxy." From there, the questline is much more linear.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally figured that out my 3rd time around. It wasn't obvious that the first quest wasn't a real quest on its own and markers were showing up on my map but nothing was there when I went to them. And the subquest for opening the Necropolis has no clear direction at all.

Then a lot of the quests are in those multilevel platforms and ramps areas that are a nightmare to navigate. And the objectives are just combined into a large area rather than having specific quest markers.

I still need to complete this on 3 more characters and I'm not looking forward to it.
    PCNA
    Options