Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Healer options?! help with ideas!

nicdedo
nicdedo
i understand the the templar class is an obvious healer class, but this cant be the only one or that would be kinda lame! so what are some other options for healer builds? i would like to brain storm on what kinda healer to roll. i was thinking Templar healer with a Bow. but what other classes could have some nice combos for healing in PvP or PvE or BOTH?!

Thanks!!
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    I play a sorcerer with a restoration staff as my main. It works great in both PvE and PvP. The only Sorcerer Class skills I use are a summon and the summoning ultimate. Any class can use the Restoration Staff skills but I haven't tried it with others. At lvl 15 you get a second weapon slot that has it's own skill bar too.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Brascus
    Brascus
    Sorcerer with Restoration Staff is an excellent choice given the Dark Magic tree also opens up a lot of options to support your group as well as heal. This is especially useful in PVP with the Dark Magic Ultimate as you can heal comrades, and stonewall an opponents healing and buffs.
  • khai
    khai
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer is nice for the mana pool, but Nightblade healers are (arguably) more effective, since they have life draining skills that can affect allies. If you don't want to be tied to the resto. staff, though, Templar will be the only viable class choice. Using the bow would be a nice option to keep you out of harm's way (letting you using light armor for the mana benefits).
    You may say I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    I believe in the beta, there were several heiling options and in fact the templar was the worst of all because of a recent nerf, sorc has great reg, for the other two i can't speak, but keep in mind, that a templar can have 2 sets of healing skills and is more versatile in healing, there may be situations, where a templar is needed, but on the other hand, a sorc with less gear won't have the magicka problems of a templar, providing more output and could be preffered in the near future, additionaly you have less skills, that means you don't have much options, this offers two ways:
    You get the right spell faster, than a templar who is trying to react a situation he never encountered
    or
    You don't have the right spell for the situation, this could happen, when your group has little support, the templar spells tend to be more supportive and longer lasting, for example the ultimate, that could prevent tons of damage, the single target heal, other healers won't have, and a dispell, add the aura and rune focus...
    templar should help people who tend to fail an mechanics, because he can prevent their death in this case, and he is great healing a single target, that dropps extreme, sorc should be good in groups with low gear, especially if the dmg is unbalanced or the dmg is random, because he can spam more, I don't know what things you can slot as sorc for supporting, beside your heal, but I think there was a CC, crystal shard stun could work awesome to, and various splash dmg, snare and other abilitys, like freezing the target in place, could help you...
    My opinion:
    Try it, tell us, write a guide, the game is young and the challenges that are ahead should be countered in multiple ways...
    For example: I saw a 121% pot uptime build these days, with +60% weapon krit all the timea nightblade means sure death... but the theory was awesome^^
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer and Nightblade are both alternate options. Templars have magicka regeneration problems at least at high level, so they become sort of a third tier option, as they also lack some of the survivability skills the other two have. Templars still need Restoration Staff to main heal as it stands currently; they can off-heal just fine without.

That said, by the time you reach 50 they might have something in the works to help with the lack of active magicka regen.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was watching a twitch video with a French woman who was playing a sorcerer tank and her partner was a nightblade with a restoration staff duoing a 4 man dungeon.

They were doing pretty good. I wish I had the link, but I do not.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers have this amazing ability later on that lets them drain stamina to fill health and magicka. Some consider that ability alone as proof they're superior healers than the other options.
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    Sorcerers have this amazing ability later on that lets them drain stamina to fill health and magicka. Some consider that ability alone as proof they're superior healers than the other options.

It's a really good ability, but it is channeled for 4 seconds, which invites a lot of interruptions in PvP. Surge is another of the big reasons they shine as a healer as it increases heal value.
  • nicdedo
    nicdedo
    So what would you use for a wep when using the Dark magic CC abilitys? A bow? Then switch to resto staff when heals are needed?