Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Searing Gem" (Markyn Ring of Majesty) Antiquity Lead...

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
I notice that most information sites say that this comes from Daedrats.

(1) Is it only Daedrats in the Deadlands, or has anybody got the lead from a Daedrat in Apocrypha?
(2) Devs: If *not* available from Apocryphal daedrats, why not?
(3) Is it ONLY specifically Daedrats, or is it all passive wildlife (e.g. fiendroths, ash hoppers, skitteris, skavenger) in The Deadlands?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 27 July 2024 18:15
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely sure that this only drops from Daedrats in the Deadlands; I acquired the lead from a Daedrat in one of the Blackwood main quest instances. I suppose that could "count" as the Deadlands, but I'm inclined to say that this lead drops from all Daedrats.

A lot of websites with information about leads will list the location where the lead was first discovered, even if it drops in more locations, which gets promulgated to other websites, and so on. For example, for a while, the Preserved Wraxu Feathers lead for Gaze of Sithis was listed on several sites as only being available in Vivec's outlaw's refuge.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So. The question is, is there ANY report of it ever having been found in the Apocrypha?

Because, so far, it's only reported as in the Deadlands (both the zone of that name, and the Public Dungeon "Atoll of Immolation" which was originally simply named "The Deadlands".)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent noticed, i farmed the daedrats in the deadlands (zone), theres a strip of area where theres like a dozen daedrats to kill

i usually ran between the POI "chantry of the moon reiver" and "the tempest engine"
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    Theres a tunnel in deadlands, has daedrats outside both ends of the tunnel and in said tunnel. Close to the unmaker wb I think. Got the lead after 20 mins farm.
  • Torzaman
    Torzaman
    ✭✭
    Theres a tunnel in deadlands, has daedrats outside both ends of the tunnel and in said tunnel. Close to the unmaker wb I think. Got the lead after 20 mins farm.

you are a lucky one, I have grinding Deadlands for Deadrats for 2 days now, going for 3:d . Not even close to a searing Gem. Is it even possible to get one these days. I think its bugd hard...... Well im not giving up. But it sucks :(
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in July 2023. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.