Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold Sellers- we need a better report system

• dmclifton_ESO
    +1 need a better report system and in early game they should dedicate some staff to gold spammer bans.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree.

I report them, I get a copy pasta response that they'll handle it, then I see the same spammer.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Megaonev1 wrote: »
    Seems like rather than ignore a character name, you should be able to ignore the user account. What stops them from just creating a new character with a different name?

When you ignore/report a person it ignores/reports the account not the individual character.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if when you ignore someone and they get banned the account name would then show as grayed out on your list because the account is no longer active? I am hoping that is the case because then we could see when a gold seller account is banned if it's on the ignore list. I checked my ignore list earlier but saw no changes.
    PC/NA
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me if im wrong but, would goldspammers actually exist if people werent stupid enough to actually buy from them?
    Even if you bought only once from them, you helped sustaining them, imagine 1000 people "buying only once". You used them, now live with them.
  • Big_Bob
    Big_Bob
    ✭✭✭
    When you have to resort to using add-ons to deal with issues that are suppose to be handled by mods and developers of the game, you know their system is flawed. I totally agree with OP and I wish they would do something bout this issue. After the massive maintenance, the gold seller issue still has yet to be resolved and the gold sellers are getting craftier with the way they spam their messages.

I suggest a limit on number of letters you can type on chat. Not like everyone in game is going to type over a 100+ word conversation. At least this way if we want to ignore the person, the message would be short enough that we can still find the name and ignore.
    Edited by Big_Bob on 3 April 2014 04:12
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    Forgive me if im wrong but, would goldspammers actually exist if people werent stupid enough to actually buy from them?
    Even if you bought only once from them, you helped sustaining them, imagine 1000 people "buying only once". You used them, now live with them.

Thats the thing. Even if 1000 people used these gold spammers. Its a mere fraction of the total playerbase. You cant lump in the community as a whole with the bad apples that sought to cheat the system.

This attitude that we brought this on ourselves is misguided. The majority of gamers would love for gold spammers to disappear forever from MMOs. But unfortunately for this form of Multiplayer. There is no way of getting rid of them without flooding the game with gold and minimizing moneysinks. Which farther down the road will bite the community in the arse.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We know that most of you have seen annoying gold-seller zone chat in ESO. We want you to know that we take keeping ESO an environment free of gold-seller spam very seriously, and we appreciate all the reports you've sent in. We are already actively banning gold-seller accounts, and will continue to ramp up our efforts to keep them out of ESO. If you see gold-sellers spamming chat, please continue to report them to us in-game by right-clicking on their name and selecting “Report Player.”

Thank you.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth do you allow them to have 15 line long chat spam? With this you have to go in to setting and set your chat to the smallest size to even be able to see their name to report them. It seems like you should be able to catch someone spamming their website three times on a line for 15 lines without us having to repor tthat for you.
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »

Blaming the victims (who are likely being hacked) is a lazy response to the issue.

And they don't only effect those who buy from them, but everyone using zonechat.

• carstedes
    carstedes
    We know that most of you have seen annoying gold-seller zone chat in ESO. We want you to know that we take keeping ESO an environment free of gold-seller spam very seriously, and we appreciate all the reports you've sent in. We are already actively banning gold-seller accounts, and will continue to ramp up our efforts to keep them out of ESO. If you see gold-sellers spamming chat, please continue to report them to us in-game by right-clicking on their name and selecting “Report Player.”

Thank you.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thank you for your hard work getting rid of these parasites, but there are some issues that have been noted with the current report system such as if the spammer makes his/her massage a certain number of lines you actually have to go into setting to adjust to font size of the chat window to be able to click on their name to report them. And also, there is no dedicated report category for "gold selling" or "spam." Is anything being done to address these issues?
  • Terroni
    Terroni
    It seems they really have no answers. Why can anyone spam zone chat repeatedly? What developer worth their salt wouldn't know that it would be abused. Why not right click report Gold Seller (confirm dialog) and be done with it? Why should my real email be spammed with customer service responses about me reporting someone. It's not like these problems are unique to this specific game.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Star Trek Online. If a player is reported by X amount of players in a certain window of time. That person is silenced for 24 hours. That might help curb some of the spam for the time being until a simpler report system added.

NO. Good gods, that is abused in Craptic...err..Cryptic games. If 20 people use the "ignore" feature on someone, they'll get silenced for 24 hours, and there are guilds that go around silencing roleplayers. It's a horrible system prone to abuse and has no place in ANY mmo, let alone this one.

Report Spam takes EVEN LESS people doing it to you for the silence to fall.

Go into options>Social>reduce chat font size to 10-12. This makes it so you CAN scroll to their name and from there report and ignore. Also, with this last patch, reporting a player gives the player name in the report....but also include a screenie with the chat box and offending post visible.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carstedes wrote: »

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thank you for your hard work getting rid of these parasites, but there are some issues that have been noted with the current report system such as if the spammer makes his/her massage a certain number of lines you actually have to go into setting to adjust to font size of the chat window to be able to click on their name to report them. And also, there is no dedicated report category for "gold selling" or "spam." Is anything being done to address these issues?

Last time I reported someone, there was a spam category.
    ----
    Murray?
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    A right-click report spam would be very nice to have. Until then I just use a spam filter add-on and manually ignore whatever it misses (which isn't much) I could be wrong but I bet they will take more of a hard line on gold selling in the future. Currently they probably have 20 million things to do at once.
  • kmorganlfcb16_ESO
    Gold Farmers are already learning to abuse the ChatLog in ways that prevent players from knowing who actually posted the spam.

Last night a guy was using spaces and an inserted fake name to trick players into thinking he was someone else. Confusing many players as to why they couldnt ignore/report him.

Hours later either the same guy or another gold spammer found a way to overload the chatlog with his spam in a way that you couldnt scroll up or down to his name at all..It would jump to the bottom of his comment or above his comment all together each time.

If you go into Social Settings and reduce the font size to around 10/11 it will make the poster's name visible so you can ignore and report.

• Macarena
    Macarena
    im really sick of this gold spammers
  • justinlandry50b14_ESO
    I think a good fix would be to have an auto ban if 50 or so people reported one account in 5 minutes. Maybe not auto ban, but at least auto block chat