The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Necrom battling Villain in "An unhealthy Fate" unfair or a bug?

danya_grace
hi, if this belongs into another category i apologize beforehand

im trying to defeat
Vaermina
, failed around a dozen times, Villain's health is around 900 k
just for reference, i had an easier time defeating a "mini"-boss with 2 m health on the second try

i don't know what to do and how to proceed, i had to teleport out of there out of frustration, i don't get frustrated that easily.

thanks and have a good day!
Edited by danya_grace on 15 June 2023 19:01
  • Nilandia
    Nilandia
    ✭✭✭
    Might you please edit your post to remove the spoiler of the villain's name? The chapter hasn't even released on console yet so they haven't had a chance to see it for themselves.
  • danya_grace
    sorry, just edited the post and title
  • danya_grace

that is... unfortunate.. tho i have to add that only
    Meln
    is there and no one else, no
    Scruut
    no
    Leramil
    or
    Gadayn
    so im basically on my own.. not sure if i have to change my gear maybe?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there are markers on the ground that you are supposed to run to and then will have access to the NPC abilities- which when activated, allow you to do some serious damage.

I was not aware of those ground markers when I ran this quest, and only actually received the notification to use the NPC ability ONCE during the fight- so I had to whittle down the bosses health on my own without help the majority of the fight... thankfully I was on my maxed out Templar. I also noticed my companion was not allowed in this fight as well, which was also unhelpful.

I haven't run it a second time to see if the tip about markers on the ground were actually there or not, but if so, it's good information to know since I don't think the quests actually TELL YOU there are specific markers that you need to stand in to use the NPC abilities. For me it was not "obvious" as someone in another thread stated... not obvious at all. :(
    Edited by ADarklore on 17 June 2023 11:09
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • danya_grace
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Apparently there are markers on the ground that you are supposed to run to and then will have access to the NPC abilities- which when activated, allow you to do some serious damage.

I was not aware of those ground markers when I ran this quest, and only actually received the notification to use the NPC ability ONCE during the fight- so I had to whittle down the bosses health on my own without help the majority of the fight... thankfully I was on my maxed out Templar. I also noticed my companion was not allowed in this fight as well, which was also unhelpful.

I haven't run it a second time to see if the tip about markers on the ground were actually there or not, but if so, it's good information to know since I don't think the quests actually TELL YOU there are specific markers that you need to stand in to use the NPC abilities. For me it was not "obvious" as someone in another thread stated... not obvious at all. :(

thank you for your comment, theres just a little problem with it though, there are no NPC's there besides
    Vaermina
    and my companion
    Isobel Veloise
    and my combat-pets and as far as the markers go, there are none, its a matter of seconds and im dead and the Villain is back to full health of 900 k-ish

thank you and have a good day!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

thank you for your comment, theres just a little problem with it though, there are no NPC's there besides
    Vaermina
    and my companion
    Isobel Veloise
    and my combat-pets and as far as the markers go, there are none, its a matter of seconds and im dead and the Villain is back to full health of 900 k-ish

thank you and have a good day!

You have the GHOST that should be there, or at least in your head, as you constantly hear him say, "Use my ability" or whatever he says. That's how it worked for me at least.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Macsen
    Macsen
    Soul Shriven
    I have given up.
    I have listened for that Ghost Sight stuff. I have managed to initiate it ONCE. Then I fought to the second time when he said "Strike with presision" and died. And Died Annnnd died.

I have been at this thing for weeks now. I am bored to death of that horrid little trip just to get TO Vaermina.
    I am so bored with the tedium of doing the same miserable thing over and over again I have ZERO motivation to continue.

The second instance of the Ghost Sight, I had to GUESS where it was. I did it went off, then I died. I never saw where the thing was.

I can't see the mark on the ground. The Flashes are too busy. They circle of Ghost Sight is the same color as the Shelrini duplicates so it just freaking dissappears on my screen.

I give. I give. I am so pissed off, so damnably bored. It would not take much for me to cancle my account. I do not need to pay subscription for a game I can not play. I am soooooooo bored with this garbage.

this quest will never be finished by this player.... probably ever. Too bad. Hope I don't miss anything important.

Crap.
  • missbanjo
    missbanjo
    ✭✭
    Extremely irritated that this is still broken. The only NPC that's at the fight is Gadyan. gg Bethesda.