The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Keeag, in Gorne PD

Grizzbeorn
Grizzbeorn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Keeag is one of the champions in the Gorne Public Dungeon on the Telvanni Peninsula.

Is there a trick to surviving this fight?
My mate and I ran Gorne the other day with our Companions (one Sharp, one Azander), and we could not figure out how to survive Keeag's huge AOE (fire floor), which seemed to dole-out constant damage no matter where you stood in the room, even well outside the red/orange area of effect.

Is this a DPS burn-down (before you get burned-down) thing, and we just need to do more damage faster? (which has been difficult to do while constantly trying to heal at the same time.)
Or is there another mechanic we missed?

We found both Group Events in the two new PDs to be easier than Keeag. In fact, this is the only fight in which we haven't succeeded, in either new Public Dungeon, yet.
    PC/NA Warden Main
    • SacredNym
      SacredNym
      ✭✭✭
      This is definitely just a burn down the boss-lookalike adds. I can't say I thought that the damage from the floor was that much on its own though. This post kind makes me want to take a second look with CMX.

I found Gorne's Group Event harder because there's a couple attacks in there that can slap a DPS from full to 0.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I don't think each individual hit was all that much, but we were getting hit every couple of seconds even if we were standing up on the rocks and not on the floor, well away from the red/orange area.

One thing that I was reminded of, though (after I posted) was that we were both wearing out-leveled gear at the time.
      I was level 15, wearing 12 pieces of level 4 training gear, for instance.
      An accidental omission from my OP that now makes me wish I hadn't posted, because, my luck, this is probably a "git good" scenario.

But, then, we didn't have any problem with the Gorne group event.
      I mean, it was tense, but neither of us died during that fight.
      Edited by Grizzbeorn on 10 June 2023 15:16
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • BasP
        BasP
        ✭✭✭
        Hm, I didn't notice any special mechanics when I fought him. It definitely isn't a DPS burn-down per se, as the damage my level 6 Arcanist with mismatched gear did was pretty atrocious.

If I remember correctly, the AOE doesn't cover the entire room and I just stepped out of it (the fight didn't really leave a lasting impression to be honest; I also found the group boss more difficult to solo at that level).
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        BasP wrote: »
        If I remember correctly, the AOE doesn't cover the entire room and I just stepped out of it (the fight didn't really leave a lasting impression to be honest; I also found the group boss more difficult to solo at that level).

We couldn't get away from it, no matter where in the room we went.
        When we were outside the red/orange, even far enough outside it that the enemies were out of our own hit range (our attacks couldn't reach them), our characters were still getting hit with flame damage every couple of seconds, and there was a flamey visual along with every hit.

This was... early Tuesday morning, Eastern US Time. Maybe it was bugged (which is just a guess; I know the Embervine Delve boss in Galen is occasionally bugged, so maybe this one is too?)
        I don't know.

But, we are both approaching level 30 now, and have been less forgetful about upgrading our gear, and we're more familiar with our new skills (both playing Arcanists), so maybe we just need to go back and get the flippin' job done.
          PC/NA Warden Main
        • BasP
          BasP
          ✭✭✭
          That's the spirit! Now that you're more familiar with the class, I don't doubt that you'll succeed. And like you said, it could have well been bugged the first time around.
        • Necrotech_Master
          Necrotech_Master
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          i didnt really notice anything different, but my main that i ran through here is mostly a tank with leeching plate, so its very rare something in overland can even dent me lol

the only real thing i noticed was the last enemy in the gorne group event is the bosses heavy attack can apply heal absorption to you, which is very very rare outside of say trials or group dungeons

edit: i dont remember all the names, but was keeag the one that looked like a harvester? i do remember one of the public dungeon bosses here looked like a harvester and was like "rockgrove xalvakka-lite" as it had many of the same attacks lol
          Edited by Necrotech_Master on 13 June 2023 16:25
          plays PC/NA
          handle @Necrotech_Master
          active player since april 2014
        • erixtone
          erixtone
          ✭✭
          I know this is an old thread, but came across it when searching for an answer to the age old question - why do I keep dying?

Answer seems to be proximity. There's a point in this battle, after the lava, where you get a glowing yellow orb on you. Seems like you have to either stay close to the boss or kill all adds when that happens.