Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Strange ESO Problem (Mac)

Pimptoad
Pimptoad
One of my friends started playing last night on her Mac. She logged in fine, started playing, and then we tried to add each other to contacts so we could play together.

We could neither find one another by User ID or Character Name, so I came to the conclusion she was on the wrong Megaserver. I asked her to check her launcher and ask what server it said she was on, and it said Elder Scrolls Online (Beta).

I told her to try repairing and check for updates for the client but she assured me she had already done this. Another thing is there was no option to choose a Megaserver in the Launcher settings. Anyone else come across this problem, or have a solution for it?

I have told her to download the Mac client from the official website, but if that still doesn’t work then I’m stuck on ideas.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Pimptoad If the Elder Scrolls Online (Beta) install had been correctly updated it would not have that suffix still. If NA she would have nothing there.

If she has tried Repair then you advice is sound.

She should be aware that there is a new Mac Installer. I suggest moving her current installed folder to the Desktop before downloading the new Mac Installer from her Account page. Then launch it, follow the instructions and the Launcher will auto launch and update itself, then quit and relaunch. Once it's done then she can confirm region for Megaserver in Options which is the top right cog icon.

The installer actually prompts for region now so it should be set correctly.

Then go to the Game Options which will be to the right of the Install in the left side window. From the drop down menu select Install.

It will take a bit of time to create the files ready for the actual download, then should start the download process.

They need to ensure there is at least 60GB of free HD space for the install.

If she has any problems then point her towards the Mac Technical Support section where we can try to help.

Best of luck for you both!