The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

How?!? How do I increase the damage like this? Please tell me!

Redguards_Revenge
Redguards_Revenge
✭✭✭✭
Mark of the worm....when you walk on the red circle in BGs it puts a mark on you. It then explodes and does damage.

I know this hit hard, but 28K damage? Never have I ever had that happen. Is there some type of set, skill, mythic or what that increases damage like this? Was it just that over the many years I just finally experienced it? Anybody can shed some light on this?

8gs75vimv7au.png

Edited by ZOS_Icy on 6 June 2023 16:49
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    No set.

You've just experienced it now. Grats.
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    No set.

You've just experienced it now. Grats.

No I've experienced it many times. But NEVER at 28k. In fact, I was popped by it when I walked on it and when others walked on it it was nowhere near 28k. Why in this instance is it.

I want to know the requirements on how the damage is dealt.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's really simple - the damage at base does half the health of whomever the mark is on. This damage cannot be mitigated, as I believe it counts as Oblivion damage.

If I have 40k health, the mark will deal 20k damage to myself and any other player/mob in the radius. If the person with the mark goes into Vamp Ult or Bone Goliath, then the mark's damage will be increased and can reach some absurd numbers.

I'd also imagine that percent modifiers can increase the damage you take from the mark, although this is unclear. The mark counts as Oblivion damage iirc, which usually means that it cannot be affected by any sort of modifier. However, I've been hit by some nasty MotW's that seemed to be juiced by things like vulnerability, so one would need to test that to be sure.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 6 June 2023 15:36
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try "Spending more attributes on health" to "increase your survivability" on health based damage.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't trust death recaps -- the numbers are often wrong, especially on big hits for some reason.

Check your fight recap in Combat Metrics to see the true damage numbers.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Maybe try "Spending more attributes on health" to "increase your survivability" on health based damage.

If I die in less than 2 hits with 30k+ health I don't want to play the game.
    Edited by Redguards_Revenge on 6 June 2023 16:41
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    You can't trust death recaps -- the numbers are often wrong, especially on big hits for some reason.

Check your fight recap in Combat Metrics to see the true damage numbers.

That doesn't make any sense since they probably pull from the same stat reader.
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really simple - the damage at base does half the health of whomever the mark is on. This damage cannot be mitigated, as I believe it counts as Oblivion damage.

If I have 40k health, the mark will deal 20k damage to myself and any other player/mob in the radius. If the person with the mark goes into Vamp Ult or Bone Goliath, then the mark's damage will be increased and can reach some absurd numbers.

I'd also imagine that percent modifiers can increase the damage you take from the mark, although this is unclear. The mark counts as Oblivion damage iirc, which usually means that it cannot be affected by any sort of modifier. However, I've been hit by some nasty MotW's that seemed to be juiced by things like vulnerability, so one would need to test that to be sure.

Ok thanks for the info. This was great to know.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I die with 30k+ health I don't want to play the game.

I see you've never been hit with a 100k+ Soul Assault.
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭

Put up your shield, not that hard.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would have probably worked on a 28,281 damage attack as well.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations. You’ve resolved your own issue. Putting up your shield/dodge rolling solves a lot more problems in this game than people think.
    Edited by Oblivion_Protocol on 19 July 2023 05:10
    Options