The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Revert the Undocumented Change to Streak+Jump

acastanza_ESO
acastanza_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
You used to be able to queue up a jump duing the streak animation. This is a longstanding part of how Sorc movement works. This was unceremoniously broken with Necrom. This material change to how the skill functions was not disclosed during PTS or anywhere in the patch notes. This is a nerf and should be reverted.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed, this is a core mechanic of Streak and they just removed it from us. A huge blow to Sorc's survivability.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1/2 a step forward, 2 steps back... (I say half a step forward, since the atro change was decent for PvE sorc, but it was a simple oversight that should have been fixed back when the atro synergy was originally changed to give major berserk and not left until now and only fixed after it was brought up by multiple players).

I guess we can see just how important sorcs are to ZOS in the grand scheme of things...
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no longer any question that Sorc isn’t a priority, and I don’t see that changing.

However, the Undocumented Change is actually more problematic for me, as it’s indicative of disrespect for customers and unprofessional, poor communication.
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Agreed, this is a core mechanic of Streak and they just removed it from us. A huge blow to Sorc's survivability.

Gonna have to disagree or at least say I don't understand. I'm not saying that it wasn't in the game but I don't understand how anyone is saying this was part of the ability as if it states in the tooltip.

The ability is what's written in the text. It is correct that this was undocumented however it was never to my knowledge documented to work that way.

I understand the idea of performing things within animations for efficiency but if something was never promised in the first place then it's fair game to have it be changed or fixed to the developers choice.

Not saying don't ask for it back just please don't ask for it back as if it was previously guaranteed to be there or promised in the ability's description.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a more compelling argument if there were not so many skills that don’t function as described in the tooltips.

I’d love it if the quality standards were good enough to treat the tooltips as sacrosanct, but this game just isn’t there.
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a more compelling argument if there were not so many skills that don’t function as described in the tooltips.

I’d love it if the quality standards were good enough to treat the tooltips as sacrosanct, but this game just isn’t there.

Yes but saying because there are other mistakes means you should put back the mistake I like isn't better. If that were the case we'd just go round and round fixing and unfixing the same things.

I understand it sucks when the fix his the thing you care about but you just have to hope that they will next target an undocumented behavior that bothers you.

Alternatively ask for the functionality you want to be made a standard. Reverting an undocumented change to something that was never documented is just asking to end up potentially repeating this same conversation down the road.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no longer any question that Sorc isn’t a priority, and I don’t see that changing.

However, the Undocumented Change is actually more problematic for me, as it’s indicative of disrespect for customers and unprofessional, poor communication.

They've been doing this for a while. Just 3 patches ago Necro got an undocumented 50%(!) stealth nerf to their Archer/Mage. No, they will almost certainly not comment on it, nor is it likely they will revert it.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the "feature" where you streak down a curb two inches tall, your character will do a fake roll dodge and completely lose a GCD still exists, but an actual useful one had to be changed. One that literally nobody complained about or had an issue with as well.

Great work as always.

oy6s7vlbigrc.jpg
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the "feature" where you streak down a curb two inches tall, your character will do a fake roll dodge and completely lose a GCD still exists, but an actual useful one had to be changed. One that literally nobody complained about or had an issue with as well.

Great work as always.

oy6s7vlbigrc.jpg

Now this is the truth. If they're going to *fix* things, they could at least go down a list of things in the order people care. However to do this they would have to actually acknowledge these things publicly before hand and I don't think we're going to get that at the moment sadly.

At this point we can just hope that the rng fix gods give more than they take away.
  • Yoshino
    Yoshino
    Soul Shriven
    This change really bothers me too. Removing the ability to jump after a streak makes sorcerers lose a global cooldown after streaking on a slightly steeper slope and 2 global cooldowns after streaking off any height that is a little more significant.
    For example streaking off a keep wall in cyrodiil makes you lose 2 important heal uses, or you cannot finish your opponent after stunning him, simply because he was standing slightly lower than you. After the change the time you are able to block in mid-air after streak is also greatly reduced.
    Feels really unfair that now we are locked out of our abilities very often when a heal is needed or its one more ability to finish the job.
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just occurred to me that it seems like people just want to be able to queue up actions with skills and have such things not be affected by terrain and such. I'm willing to bet that streak wasn't the only thing affected, just the one people cared about or are noticing.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone reported this as a BUG, in the bug section?? Since it's undocumented, it may also be unintended.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Has anyone reported this as a BUG, in the bug section?? Since it's undocumented, it may also be unintended.

Couldn't hurt and it probably was an unintended change. Good luck on it being reverted if that revision isn't already on the books.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak simply not firing is another great feature.
  • su154eb17_ESO
    su154eb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    To the developers - please address this issue and come up with a public statement. Why was it changed, was it deliberate, can it be fixed? On the side note this is an integral part of the way I play and without this feature I will just delete the game and be done with it. I am not planning on waiting for the next patch in three months to test it. With respect to the devs - Come up with a statement and then REVERT THIS!
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I e never even heard of this 'mechanic'.... It's very likely this was changed only as a side effect to another change and the devs didn't even know this happened.

Why assume devs to a game are all knowing?

Not saying the issue shouldn't be addressed, but why are people suggesting the devs knowingly made a change that very much seems like a side effect of some other change?