The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New setting related to quest journal

• Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I was not aware of this thread, I will look in my UI settings for the toggle. I don't like the new way.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Quests and Exploration section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.

This is an incredibly poor decision. People confused by a recent change in how the UI works aren't going to go the the Quests and Exploration section looking for their answers. Quest tracking and questing itself are very different things.

We've asked y'all to be more judicious about sending topics off to sub-forums to die. Instead, you give us "it is better suited there" when it isn't suited there at all.

Edited by MasterSpatula on 12 June 2023 07:54
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I think it's a reasonable move, since the topic does indeed involve Quests and Exploration.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone! Apologies for the confusion here - just confirming as others have stated that we did add a new UI setting that allows you to automatically track a quest when you accept it, and the default is set to "Off". If you're on a quest and accept a new one, it will keep tracking the quest you were working on unless you switch this new setting to "On". The setting can be found in the Interface Settings under "Automatic Quest Tracking". We'll also retroactively add this to the U38 patch notes so it's properly documented.

Just adding feedback, the UI for this is confusing, because Automatic Quest Tracking is nested under Quest Tracker.

If you don't want the QT on your HUD (I do not), it appears like you're either forced into it, or have to accept not having tracking at all because AQT becomes greyed out when the top level QT is off. This is of course not true; you can have automatic tracking without the HUD element. It's just not intuitive UX.
    Options
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    This defaulting to being 'off' is very counterintuitive. I ended up accidentally abandoning quests that I didn't intend to abandon because of this. If you're going to change the way things behave, make the default behavior match previous behavior!!
    Options