Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Umm... Someone want to break this down for me

HidesInPlainSight
HidesInPlainSight
✭✭✭
No CP No Proc IC solo fighting against a group of 3 - 5 ebonheart players, each fight would be 5-10 minutes long, then the Warden would just instant gib me, when they had not been doing any real damage against me before.

The stuttering is from TTC and Shadowplay being wonky. It was not stuttering like that during the actual fighting.

https://streamable.com/1lmn20
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow this clip pretty much sums up eso pvp right now
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for starters you only had 26k hp, you definitely want more than 30k. But it kinda looks like a damage desync, sometimes if the lags really bad you'll take damage not know it and the server gets behind and then it calculates it all at once. The fact theyre using frost reach they've most likely got a masters perf desto with a weapon damage enchant. Looks like you also had multiple debuffs on you like Vuln and brittle. You could have just gotten unlucky or they're running a macro.
    Edited by SimonThesis on 1 June 2023 04:55
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a either a desync or a slight hiccup in your internet service. It happens all of the time to almost everyone. I often see it multiple times in a single fight even. There's really nothing you can do except beef up more so that you have a chance to survive until things normalize. It's part of the reason people run in groups, stack heals, and tank up so much.
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    Well for starters you only had 26k hp, you definitely want more than 30k. But it kinda looks like a damage desync, sometimes if the lags really bad you'll take damage not know it and the server gets behind and then it calculates it all at once. The fact theyre using frost reach they've most likely got a masters perf desto with a weapon damage enchant. Looks like you also had multiple debuffs on you like Vuln and brittle. You could have just gotten unlucky or they're running a macro.

26k hp is way more then needed for No CP No Proc. I normally only run 21-23k depending on what Im doing. I was just testing Sithis for boss farming. Masters weapons no longer work in No CP No Proc since Update 35 (which sucks). Health was desynced but only right before I died, it was synced and healing appropriately just seconds before.

it was most likely intentional desync from dropping Wardens Sleet Storm Ultimate and macro burst during the desync, as you can see the Warden in Sleet Storm animation while Im out of range, right as I die. Normally those looking to intentionally desync players in No Proc No CP, run a magSorc and just Overload desync you, which is easily counted by weaving dodge rolls and stuns into burst.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play a lot in no proc ic and you want 30k hp.
    Just like in proc you want 35-40k hp.
    If I see you with 21k hp or even 26k hp I'm going to laugh with delight then combo you.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    If I see you with 21k hp or even 26k hp I'm going to laugh with delight then combo you.

I mean you can try. If you are regular in IC you know who I am, my main account, and my builds. % dmg reduction is far more important than raw HP.

Even in CP, my health is only 23-24k.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let me get this straight:

You're asking how someone was able to insta gib you, but when people give you advice about needing more health, you say "nah I'm good"?

If you're getting instagibbed, you need to build tankier. The easiest way to do that in today's meta is by putting more points into health. That's really all there is to it.
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    Let me get this straight:

You're asking how someone was able to insta gib you, but when people give you advice about needing more health, you say "nah I'm good"?

If you're getting instagibbed, you need to build tankier. The easiest way to do that in today's meta is by putting more points into health. That's really all there is to it.

It was a rhetorical question. I know what caused the death, desync. It was more a question of if there was a known exploit, in the current client build in regards to MagWardens ultimate and clench. It was so desynced in that part that Combat Metrics failed to register the killing damage, which is unusual, even for known desyncs exploits. There are still plenty of exploits that are currently active from 2 years ago.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were desynced, you can tell when the damage all comes in like that. ESO pvp is terrible for it, can often be out by seconds and positional desyncs can somtimes be up to 20 meters, like when damage hits you through walls etc.
    You never even had the CC from the crystalized slab unless you were on immovable pots or somthing.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean you can try. If you are regular in IC you know who I am, my main account, and my builds. % dmg reduction is far more important than raw HP.

I watched the clip. Hilarious, in a sad way. Definitely a desync. I don't think the amount of health you have matters in THIS moment, but it really is advisable to have more than you do.

I don't play in IC but I do main the Ravenwatch campaign. If you're a very good player you can get away with less health-- true. But why not be a very good player with more health?

Damage reduction is better than raw health-- true. But why not be a vampire so more health increases your damage reduction? Plus it looks like you're spamming crystal weapon on a bowsorc, right? So you could basically negate the increased cost. Win, win, and if I'm not mistaken... Win?
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

I watched the clip. Hilarious, in a sad way. Definitely a desync. I don't think the amount of health you have matters in THIS moment, but it really is advisable to have more than you do.

I don't play in IC but I do main the Ravenwatch campaign. If you're a very good player you can get away with less health-- true. But why not be a very good player with more health?

Damage reduction is better than raw health-- true. But why not be a vampire so more health increases your damage reduction? Plus it looks like you're spamming crystal weapon on a bowsorc, right? So you could basically negate the increased cost. Win, win, and if I'm not mistaken... Win?

No CP IC, is mostly about speed and LoS'ing. Vampire in No CP IC is much harder after the Vampire skill line was overhauled, since a good portion of the bosses have Fire dmg attacks. To reliably farm bosses under other farmers, you need about a 1.5 min kill time or 2.5 min pull / kill time.

I fight in the same sets I farm in, and have to be able to survive ganks, and fighting both the boss and other players in a pve rotation which means more dodge rolling / LoS'ing and baiting them into boss mechanics. Dropping a dps set or adding more health increases time to kill and makes it more likely that groups or gankers catch up to me farming. By not putting more health into my build, and focusing only on dps, it allows me to kill players who try an unkillable build to farm.

IC is like 99% of my gameplay. I only do pve for pvp and use the gold to test and gold out builds. For farming in No CP IC, 21-23k hp is the sweet spot of survivability, dps, and sustain, where I can both 1vX and kill bosses in the times needed.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good answer 👍