The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pyandonean Bottles and other non-fish item drops from Fishing holes - Drop chance and modifiers

laniakea_0
laniakea_0
✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering what impact buffs like Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl, Angler's Instincts (Champion Star) and addition player bonuses have on the drop chances of non-fish items from fishing holes.
Does it improve them, or even diminish them?
Edited by laniakea_0 on 30 May 2023 14:12
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think most of those things like the pickled fish bowl and the cp star only improve the chance of getting the trophy fish (needed for the achievement)

so if anything it might reduce the chances to get those other things, even if only by a small amount
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's exactly my concern too. I just wish ZOS would tell us how those drop chances are affected. improving the chance of one drop, necessarily means decreasing the chance of another. question is, does it decrease the chance of basic fish only or everything that isn't a rare fish. or are such non-fish drops considered to be part of the rare fish category, thereby improving their drop chance?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my guess is that everything is in the same pool

it probably rolls and if it lands on trophy fish then it rolls separately which trophy fish

i doubt that the non trophy fish would be included in the trophy fish pool, so if anything their drop chance would get reduced slightly (if the chance is distributed evenly across everything in the pool then it shouldnt actually change it too much)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fish in Summerset for the furnishings occasionally and I specifically don’t use the Artaeum food or the CP slottables.

There was a similar discussion on the forums about this maybe a year or two back and the consensus was that since they would increase the chance of trophy fish it would therefore decrease the chance for furnishings. I would assume the same for Pyandonean bottles.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I specifically don’t use the Artaeum food or the CP slottables.
    so you don't use Reel Technique either? that one shouldn't impact the drop chances at all, tho.
    Edited by laniakea_0 on 31 May 2023 11:43
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    I specifically don’t use the Artaeum food or the CP slottables.
    so you don't use Reel Technique either? that one shouldn't impact the drop chances at all, tho.

No, I don’t care to blow through my bait at a higher rate. I am just casually fishing at this point.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA