Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All class meta build

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Am I wrong in saying the meta build right now for pretty much any class with exception of maybe NB is master dw/vateshran staff, hist sapp/mara/dragons appetite, with balorgs/maarselock.

I remember the days when there were different builds for different classes..maybe I'm old school but hybridization seems to have shrank build diversity right down.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone's been watching Deltia? :) I don't run this stuff, but that sounds about right.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Someone's been watching Deltia? :) I don't run this stuff, but that sounds about right.

Don't need to watch delta to see wrath of elements and rending slash/blood craze all over the place
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. It’s been the reigning cookie cutter build for at least six months, probably longer. Works well for StamSorcs, apparently.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Arena weapons need to be tuned down....it reminds of the bad old days when every one was spamming merciless charge...so boring!!!
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hybridization has totally shrank build diversity. But at the same time it does allow people to flex out more skills on their bars so it's kinda fun? I have mixed feelings

If you're doing Solo PvP and not wearing Mara's you are probably going to do rallying cry on backbar and some damage set on the front bar. But everyone and their mother is using DW now no matter the class which I find to be kinda tiring.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've even started playing lighting staff/ sword n board on my plar as a build option, just to mix it uo, feel a bit nostalgic as I'm so bored if dw/ice staff
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's more or less correct.

Precise reason why I have been saying that nerfing or changing X or Y class isn't going to change anything until the fundamental lack of build variety and the overperformance of certain things is addressed first.

There's a reason why 95% of the playerbase is a dual wield + ice staff vateshran vampire running markyn, rallying cry + whatever proc set they happened to have in their bank and that reason is not because the build is so much more fun to play compared to the rest.
    Edited by Beffagorn on 26 May 2023 16:06
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definietly not a meta for a DK.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »

Not a million miles away, most are running maras and master dw stil
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Not really. Master DW is really not that great on a DK. You already have both strong DoT and strong spammable without wasting 2 gear slots and 1 skill slot. It's not a horrible choice but also not a great one and far from calling it a meta.
    Edited by Galeriano on 26 May 2023 18:15
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally watches 2 dks dueling earlier for about 10 mins or so, I went in a bg, came put and they still at it, both using rend slash so I can assume master dw, looked like a mirror match.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is so boring. Everyone are running those set, dk, warden, sorc, templar, nb. And ZOS don't do anything about it. They are not aware of this [snip] because dev or decision maker don't play pvp

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 28 May 2023 18:03
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I wrong in saying the meta build right now for pretty much any class with exception of maybe NB is master dw/vateshran staff, hist sapp/mara/dragons appetite, with balorgs/maarselock.

I remember the days when there were different builds for different classes..maybe I'm old school but hybridization seems to have shrank build diversity right down.

I don't run Master DW
    I don't run Vate staff
    I don't run any of Hist Sap/Mara/Dragon's Appetite
    I don't run Balorghs/Maarselok
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Hybridization has totally shrank build diversity. But at the same time it does allow people to flex out more skills on their bars so it's kinda fun? I have mixed feelings

If you're doing Solo PvP and not wearing Mara's you are probably going to do rallying cry on backbar and some damage set on the front bar. But everyone and their mother is using DW now no matter the class which I find to be kinda tiring.

I love the fact that hybridization has made it possible for me to use any ability. It's not gated behind the whole Magicka vs Stam thing, etc.

I don't run Mara's
    I don't run Rallying Cry
    Beffagorn wrote: »

Precise reason why I have been saying that nerfing or changing X or Y class isn't going to change anything until the fundamental lack of build variety and the overperformance of certain things is addressed first.

There's a reason why 95% of the playerbase is a dual wield + ice staff vateshran vampire running markyn, rallying cry + whatever proc set they happened to have in their bank and that reason is not because the build is so much more fun to play compared to the rest.

I don't run an ice staff
    I don't run Markyn.
    I'm not a vamp.

Not everyone is a cookie-cutter like y'all claim.
    Edited by taugrim on 28 May 2023 20:37
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other than DK's, which are a problem because they are unbalanced right now, I'm doing fine with a basic crit/stat sorc build and no proc sets, not even a monster set.

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Don't need to watch delta to see wrath of elements and rending slash/blood craze all over the place

I wish people coming hard at me with these proc sets knew how much I didn't care to fight them. Like, I try to indicate that I don't feel like dealing with it. They be so thirsty though.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Other than DK's, which are a problem because they are unbalanced right now, I'm doing fine with a basic crit/stat sorc build and no proc sets, not even a monster set.

I assume you probably use gaze of Sithis? I know I have to on my NMA/Wretched Vitality sorc to survive. I haven't quite found a way to balance survivability while still being able to out damage the opponent's healing.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not really. Master DW is really not that great on a DK. You already have both strong DoT and strong spammable without wasting 2 gear slots and 1 skill slot. It's not a horrible choice but also not a great one and far from calling it a meta.

Exactly. I run a 2H/Ice Staff with Mara/Order's Wrath/Bloodspawn/Markyn. No need for the DW. Have been tempted to go with the Master's 2H, but like Bloodspawn and the ulti generation too much.
  • Zabulus
    Zabulus
    ✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

I don't run Master DW
    I don't run Vate staff
    I don't run any of Hist Sap/Mara/Dragon's Appetite
    I don't run Balorghs/Maarselok
    NyassaV wrote: »

I love the fact that hybridization has made it possible for me to use any ability. It's not gated behind the whole Magicka vs Stam thing, etc.

I don't run Mara's
    I don't run Rallying Cry
    Beffagorn wrote: »

I don't run an ice staff
    I don't run Markyn.
    I'm not a vamp.

Not everyone is a cookie-cutter like y'all claim.

gimped