The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I believe its well past the point where storage in general needs a revamp..

Vandellia
Vandellia
✭✭✭
With the ever increasing addition of new armor sets and housing furnishing and general non-trash need x of so many of this item to make the item ... Its time well past time in my not so humble opinion that we need to re-do storage. I am sure that server loading could be the rational behind not expanding our current storage but, that just seem to be a spurious claim and unless there are hard and provable numbers behind it, it fall the real reason check. At this point we need to re-do storage. I suggest that quest items/ get x of x items need to be moved into its own slot/tab and should be treated like the craft bag. Secondly I think there should be a dedicated bank slot for housing item storage or if that would be to hard/heavy a load on the server, that a Housing item banker be created and that he be located inside the housing instances only and accessible via the npc for deposit or from the build screen..
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cancelled my eso+ on a 4 year old account with 36 characters half a year ago. The decision took me half a year, as I could not imagine I could reduce my bank stuff by half.
    But then I took a break and played a different game, subbing for that one.
    When I returned to eso a month ago, I was confronted with 480 items in my 240 slot bank, so I was finally forced to clean up. Well, it worked pretty fast.
    Because most slots were wasted with old, cheap maps, and tons of crafting writs. I donated the writs to a guildbank, destroyed the maps, and some old armor that was nerfed long ago, rotting in the storage.
    Now I have 30 slots free in my bank, enough to transfer items between characters, and certainly can free up more space if I take heart and destroy some more armor and sell mats I don't really need (like sanded hickory, low-level mats).

TLDR: the problem often is not the space, but the "hording" addiction of us players. With a stricter inventory management you can play even without the double bankspace of eso+.
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    I can only partially agree with you. Yes hoarding Is rampant for many players. I build houses and revise them and I do store used housing item as the can and will be used in the right "new to me " house to me. Add in the weekly lux vendor its an absolute necessity to buy many commonly nice/beautiful etc vendor items in bulk as well. This is not Hoarding its common sense for a housing builder, Yea I do have several several junk yard houses to store rarely used items. I wont throw them away because the are useful and needed items on some housing builds and hard or impossible or costly to get normally.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for a furnishing bag as well. Wouldn't need it myself, as I don't have the time to really get into housing that much such a bag were needed.

But when I look at the just awesome places some of you create, yes, that's an awful lot of furnishings you need for that. Shouldn't be hindered by storage imo.

I'm definitely against more inventory or bankspace for general things tho, as I simply don't see the need for it (except from even more hoarding of course).
    Edited by Braffin on 25 May 2023 00:36
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vandellia wrote: »
    I can only partially agree with you. Yes hoarding Is rampant for many players. I build houses and revise them and I do store used housing item as the can and will be used in the right "new to me " house to me. Add in the weekly lux vendor its an absolute necessity to buy many commonly nice/beautiful etc vendor items in bulk as well. This is not Hoarding its common sense for a housing builder, Yea I do have several several junk yard houses to store rarely used items. I wont throw them away because the are useful and needed items on some housing builds and hard or impossible or costly to get normally.

yes, junk houses and also storage chests.
    4x60 and 4x30 = 360 slots. You can place furniture that are stored in there without withdrawing them first.

But I get your point, if ZoS wants to sell pricy houses, they should give the housing enthusiasts more furniture storage, as with every chapter new blueprints and houses are introduced.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While more space would be nice, the Collections system freed up a lot of inventory space across the board.

It would help if there were more ways to earn transmute stones and certain upgrade materials.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...the weekly lux vendor its an absolute necessity to buy many commonly nice/beautiful etc vendor items in bulk as well. This is not Hoarding its common sense for a housing builder...

I am a housing builder and I disagree.

I check out the Lux vendor every week and only buy items I have a current need for. I never buy in bulk just because they are on the lux vendor. If I want a lux item I didn't get sometime down the road I've always been able to find it on a guild trader.
    PCNA
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TLDR: the problem often is not the space, but the "hording" addiction of us players. With a stricter inventory management you can play even without the double bankspace of eso+.

There's nothing wrong with hoarding armor sets when your dev team is [snip] ESO's team is regarding extreme swings in balancing for armor, skills, and sets. It's called preparedness especially when they're already golded out.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on 25 May 2023 12:45
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    I never said I buy all items off the lux vendor, I buy some Items selectively, as know, that things like flowers and non usable craft stations etc. are going to be used in a lot of my housing projects. As they bring out new zones and updates and add new furnishing items I some times revise /update some of my previously placed housing items as I like the look or style better for a specific build I did, so that lends a got to put that in the bank for future uses which I often do...Once you get into multiple house ownership, and the Intentional "feel" for a specific build you find that something else would feel/look better you do a make/buy/replace items which until you use the replaced item in the bank until its needed/wanted for another house. Housing count is just One of the bag space issues..... What else could be done to help with space ? Why are stacks of some items limited to 200? how many spaces could they free up if they changed stack limits from 200 to 999 its still a 3 digit number. Again combine xxx of item XYZ to get item/thing "JKL" eats into free bag slots this kind of item should be relegated to its own pigeon hole and not counted in inventory. quest specific drop items should also not be in your main bag but its own dedicated tab and not count in general inventory
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...the weekly lux vendor its an absolute necessity to buy many commonly nice/beautiful etc vendor items in bulk as well. This is not Hoarding its common sense for a housing builder...

I check out the Lux vendor every week and only buy items I have a current need for. I never buy in bulk just because they are on the lux vendor. If I want a lux item I didn't get sometime down the road I've always been able to find it on a guild trader.

As a housing builder...I disagree with this POV. When you buy coveted items on a guild trader, you sometimes end up spending double the initial value of that item. Purchasing items later from guild traders makes no sense when I can buy items I like for future projects/have interesting items on hand in case I'm inspired. I save a huge amount of gold in the process by storing things.

Storing lux items is a huge boon to any housing enthusiast, both in terms of building your own houses, and making sales. I can easily fund the purchase of more patterns for my homes by storing lux items and selling off a portion of what I have stored. Instead of someone else profiting off of me, I profit. In this way, my sales of other non- housing items can fund the purchase of other items I desire rather than being eaten up by decorating.

Its definitely sensible to allow the hobby to pay for itself by means of knowing what is valuable, stocking up, and reselling on the guild traders rather than being the one buying.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a housing builder...I disagree with this POV. When you buy coveted items on a guild trader, you sometimes end up spending double the initial value of that item. Purchasing items later from guild traders makes no sense when I can buy items I like for future projects/have interesting items on hand in case I'm inspired. I save a huge amount of gold in the process by storing things.

Storing lux items is a huge boon to any housing enthusiast, both in terms of building your own houses, and making sales. I can easily fund the purchase of more patterns for my homes by storing lux items and selling off a portion of what I have stored. Instead of someone else profiting off of me, I profit. In this way, my sales of other non- housing items can fund the purchase of other items I desire rather than being eaten up by decorating.

Its definitely sensible to allow the hobby to pay for itself by means of knowing what is valuable, stocking up, and reselling on the guild traders rather than being the one buying.

I used to buy things from the lux vendor that I thought I may find a use for later until I realized that I was spending more for multiple items that were just taking up space than if I just buy the items I want from a guild trader later when I actually have a use for them.
    Edited by SilverBride on 25 May 2023 04:03
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I donated the writs to a guildbank, destroyed the maps, and some old armor that was nerfed long ago, rotting in the storage.

Somewhere there are (at least) dozens of ESO players crying out in horror at the irrecoverable loss of your unwanted treasure maps, which they would have gladly taken off of your hands. :D
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been wondering myself if the storage boxes we buy count as a whole in all our houses vs having individual ones per house if we bought them, with all the event stuff and things coming out that are "bound" and/or can only be put in certain places the extra storage would be nice, not so much in our bank but somewhere, i had to make a guild to use as a bank to keep everything organized, i dont "hoard " exactly because everything i sell but i do hold on to items to sell at later dates inc luxrey vendor items, event items, style pages, motifs etc... i LOVE selling and using my gold to help others, so the more i get the better. For houses id love to see a 20-50 slot increase on items we can place in them, almost all houses i make its always just that last few items i need slots for... and i take away everything i can short of taking away from my main goal. Regardless i really hope whatever is done isnt 100% crown store.... but also dosnt effect the games speed etc.... Good topic post OP

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We basically already have a pretty great inventory for the furnitures in place but the problem is that you can only access it while you're inside your house.

Let us enable the housing window outside the houses and remove the items from our inventory. Make it function like the crafting bag and let us bring items back to inventory (except bound ones) if we want to mail or sell them.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the ever increasing addition of new armor sets and housing furnishing and general non-trash need x of so many of this item to make the item ... Its time well past time in my not so humble opinion that we need to re-do storage. I am sure that server loading could be the rational behind not expanding our current storage but, that just seem to be a spurious claim and unless there are hard and provable numbers behind it, it fall the real reason check. At this point we need to re-do storage. I suggest that quest items/ get x of x items need to be moved into its own slot/tab and should be treated like the craft bag. Secondly I think there should be a dedicated bank slot for housing item storage or if that would be to hard/heavy a load on the server, that a Housing item banker be created and that he be located inside the housing instances only and accessible via the npc for deposit or from the build screen..

Considering some of the unpopular changes they've made to the game in the name of improving performance I'm going to take them at their word that more storage would have a negative impact on the server.

I'm also of the opinion that there will never be enough inventory spaces for people that are having inventory problems now. We would be happy for a week or two with the new spaces but those would quickly fill and we would want more.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In preparation for Necrom, I wanted to slim down my inventory AND do spring cleaning on my gear sets. I had sets that I never, ever even used that I'd golded out and several that I used back before better sets were introduced. I have several inventory chests as well as fully maxed regular inventory, and it was just annoying to think of all the space I was using up by stuff I'd never use. So I went through and decon'd a bunch of gear, then moved my "in some situations I might use" gear from my main inventory over to my storage chests- and now have tons of inventory space available. Of course then I had to go through FCOItemSaver addon and remove all the gear set icons for the gear that I'd decon'd as well.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I do not store any gearsets/furniture, my bank is practically always totally full. Mostly with master writs and surveys. Even when empty, this fills up in a week or two.

We need atleast 2000 bankslots and 500 inventory slots.

Many players seem to use alt accounts for storage or to create guildbanks for themselves. Doesn't that take more database space than us having more characters and more storage space(bank/inventory/chests) on our main accounts?

PS: Maybe the provisioning. alchemy, and enchanting master writs should change as well. Where they drop less often, but grant more writ vouchers/exp. For example: Maybe instead of dropping 10 alchemy master writs that grant 5 writ vouchers each, drop 1 alchemy master writ that grants 45-50 writ vouchers. So it only takes one storage space instead of ten.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think part / much of the problem is actually with the amount of junk that automatically accumulates in player inventories. So much of it needs to be stackable. Treasure maps, crafting writs, transmute geodes, those daily reward potion and soul gem drops that over time ending up fives spaces each in inventory, dungeon fragments for different weird dungeon items. Pointless items that function for a specific quest and you never need to accumulate again but continue to turn up in your inventory (eg disguise costumes, those light crystals used for a single quest in Craglorn). Zone treasure hunting quests (every orc museum piece, every Elsweyr mural piece).

So maybe a wholesale overhaul of inventory limits isn't necessary but instead some thought as to whether the inventory shouldn't have folios for these kinds of items, that can take up a very large number of inventory slots very quickly.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No matter how much space you have if your management sucks it does not matter.

I have 18 chars full inventory with 4 guild bank and eso+ and guess what they are all full.

Others have 1 char no eso plus and manage.

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft bag expansion pouches for stuff like surveys, furniture, recipes etc. would yank my credit card out of my pocket so violently spacetime itself would rip.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I donated the writs to a guildbank, destroyed the maps, and some old armor that was nerfed long ago, rotting in the storage.

Somewhere there are (at least) dozens of ESO players crying out in horror at the irrecoverable loss of your unwanted treasure maps, which they would have gladly taken off of your hands. :D

not those you find in stores for 200 gold :)
    Of course I keep/list those for 10k+, Like High Isle/Galen/Deadlands.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on 25 May 2023 15:27
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing wrong with hoarding armor sets when your dev team is [snip] ESO's team is regarding extreme swings in balancing for armor, skills, and sets. It's called preparedness especially when they're already golded out.

they usually nerf sets in favour of very new ones, to encourage people to buy the new chapters. The old ones usually never are great again. Mothers Sorrow, Medusa, Necropotence, Iceheart, hundings rage were popular for many years. You now have much better alternatives, even ignoring meta sets. The meta sets will get nerfed somewhen or replaced by new metas (MS and Medusa were meta, sold dozends of MS staves, meanwhile unsellable).
    Edited by markulrich1966 on 25 May 2023 15:44
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the sticker book there is no need to hold on to old sets. Decon them and get some mats back in the process.
    PCNA
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

they usually nerf sets in favour of very new ones, to encourage people to buy the new chapters. The old ones usually never are great again. Mothers Sorrow, Medusa, Necropotence, Iceheart, hundings rage were popular for many years. You now have much better alternatives, even ignoring meta sets. The meta sets will get nerfed somewhen or replaced by new metas (MS and Medusa were meta, sold dozends of MS staves, meanwhile unsellable).

The Basei meta from Rockgrove gave way to Relequen from older Cloudrest rather recently. As a healer even if the meta shifts there are times groups call for older support sets such MA/WM so if I have them golded out and spec'd in it's more efficient to simply bank them until they're needed instead of reconstruct them.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i basically almost never store gear anymore because i can just recreate it

about 50% of my roughly 200 used bank slots is probably just master writs (all given to me by friends who have their own issues storing stuff)

the other 50% is common stuff i might need on multiple characters (extra consumables from daily logins like food, pots, or repair kits, then edicts to clear bounties, then public dungeon collectible items for stuff i still need to actually collect

i keep less needed stuff like xp scrolls, and even more useless (for me) instant research scrolls in housing storage to not eat my bank, my housing storage also contains more specific less needed items such as a container with mythics, several containers to store leftover event items that i sometimes sell at off-peak times (such as breton terrier bones from the whitestrake event, i literally have almost 400 of these bones now lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... the problem often is not the space, but the "hording" addiction of us players. With a stricter inventory management you can play even without the double bankspace of eso+....

Totally agree. But you have to know what you need. And what to store for later and where. That can be tough to see and decide.
    I used to be subbed, too, with a lot of stuff I didn't need and much more alt chars, than were healthy.

Without ESO+ and the craft bag, the most difficult thing to decide is how you approach daily crafting writs. And which of the crafting and upgrade mats go where.
    ESO+Trial helps a lot in that regard. I usually buy 3k to 4k style stones from vendors. That gets me through a year, easily.

Furniture in the bank? Who does that?
    Furniture should be stored in houses, because they do not bind to the account when placed. I use the three big base game manors as warehouses.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect a big part of the problem for a lot of people is simply not having a system to keep things organised. I see this a lot with my other MMO as well. It's not as common for people to complain about storage space but it happens every so often, especially with returning players and often when they post screenshots of their bank and inventory or list what's there part of the problem is they've got lots of duplicates in different places which could stack together.

That suggests to me they've simply lost track of what they've got and haven't tried to organise it rather than literally having so much stuff there's no way to store it all.

The same happens to me if I play for a few days and skip sorting things out. Normally my characters dump everything they don't need into the bank and then my crafter deconstructs or sells it (either on a guild store or to an NPC), sorts all the crafting materials (I usually don't have ESO+) etc.

Sometimes I won't have time to do that so I skip it and if that happens too many days in a row I notice my bank filling up and then I'm stuck with a bunch of random stuff in characters inventories. It rarely gets to the point where their inventory is completely full, and of course I can sort it out but I can see how someone could end up in that situation and feel overwhelmed by it.
    Furniture should be stored in houses, because they do not bind to the account when placed. I use the three big base game manors as warehouses.

One advantage of keeping furniture in the bank is that you can then see it in the menu when decorating other houses, so you don't have to work out what you might want, load into the house where it's stored, collect it, then load into the house where you want it.

Although the storage chests work the same way and keep it out of the way of the bank.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense to anyone, but hoarding and re-designing storage options are different topics.
    Yes, it is absolutely possible to completely consume each and every inventory slot, and these two topics are, somewhat related, but talking about storage options i would sincerely vote for furnishing bag.

There are more than 6,000 different furnishing items (2,500 crafted, plus 7x365 `2,500 luxury, plus Antiquties, plus Vendor, plus Achievement, plus Crown Store exclusive, etc) - how do we store and conveniently access them furnishings while, let's say, furnishing a new big house. In many cases i don't know exact specification, only the rough idea of what i am trying to build and easy replacing 50 sconces of one type with 55 of another - would be excellent, IF this might be done with less efforts.

The number of furnishings grow with each new big update, but nothing improved in accessing and storing them furnishings.
    I would like the furnishing storage to be implemented players-friendly.
    Game-makers have pull-down menus, categories/subcategories, search function, and, even with these handy tools - designing a new furnishing layout takes time. Player have EHT (why this is not implemented in the ingame editor?) and serious issues to access theirs THOUSANDS of hard-earned "hoarded" furnishings.

Zenimax, make furnishing houses easier, please. Grant us a convenient system allowing to access, group, deploy and label all the obtained furnishings.
    PC EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do. I keep all my furnishings in the bank because they are accessible to all of my houses all the time. And there is nothing else I store in my bank other than some food and potions for my daily crafting writs. Those are the only things I keep in my bank. The other few things I store are in my housing chests which aren't even halfway filled up.

I would find it very inconvenient to have to remember what is where and go back and forth when trying to decorate a new house. Besides basically rendering some nice manors unusable for anything else.

I'm not sure what the significance of not binding to the account is. Some of my furnishings are bound and some aren't but they all are able to be placed in my bank.
    Edited by SilverBride on 27 May 2023 14:47
    PCNA
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SilverBride, just in case: Inventory Insight addon can collect the inventory of furnishings inside your houses, this is an option turned off by default. Still huge scroll-down lists are no convenient, some good catalogue with containers and search function might help, if ever implemented.
    (another option is DecoTrack addon)
    PC EU
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would find it very inconvenient to have to remember what is where and go back and forth when trying to decorate a new house. Besides basically rendering some nice manors unusable for anything else.
    bank.
    I dont have to remember what is where exactly. I just have to remember the rules by which I place them.
    For example, my rule is basically placement by race. That means in my Breton Manor I will place all furnishings of Breton, Orc, Redguard and Imperial origin (I have to put Imps somewhere). That includes DLCs and the same goes for Ebonheart Chateau and Serenity Falls Estate, respectively. All my Antiquity related furnishings go into the Hall of the Lunar Champion.
    That is a combined storage space of 1400 slots. That's way more than the 240 bank slots (out of which 200 are reserved for other more important things), even if you account for stacking items in the bank.
    Now for example when I enter Daggerfall Overlook, I can just open the furnishing menu and parse the list of placed furnishings. That menu has a couple of filter options, so that finding stuff in that list is really easy.
    I'm not sure what the significance of not binding to the account is. Some of my furnishings are bound and some aren't but they all are able to be placed in my bank.
    Well, that is not so straight forward. By not binding the furnishings to my account, the manors effectively become furnishing banks. A "furnishing bag" that @DinoZavr is advocating. That wouldn't be possible, if the furnishings bind after using (like equipment, for example) and couldn't be used freely after removing.
    read, think and write.In that order.