The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New pvp alliance

Cleveland521
Cleveland521
✭✭✭
I have been playing pvp for many years and have seen outrageous build come and go. That makes pvp very interesting to me to strive for better builds, my issue is the (3) alliances, one alliance is always out gunned off the other two team up and it’s my belief that to balance this a 4th alliance should be created. You have blue, red, and yellow alliances why not a alliance with a black shield from the darker side of pvp to even things out?
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or, instead, change the "low pop bonus" to [insert generic name here] that applies when your factions gates are open and/or when you have a low population, which gives all the members of said alliance a literal power boost

ya do that and suddenly it's not as appealing to pick on the "little guy" anymore as they can fight back a lot harder, so the other alliance ends up looking as a more apealing target, until they end up the "little guy" and the the roles get flipped around and around and around until a balance ends up being struck
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    Make a low pop buff sieges against doors/walls hit x2 or x3. So people can get a chance to get their gate keeps back when it’s literally 50 pvdoor ad heroes on empty campaign
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing pvp for many years and have seen outrageous build come and go. That makes pvp very interesting to me to strive for better builds, my issue is the (3) alliances, one alliance is always out gunned off the other two team up and it’s my belief that to balance this a 4th alliance should be created. You have blue, red, and yellow alliances why not a alliance with a black shield from the darker side of pvp to even things out?

And what happens when the new Alliance joins with the other 2 to outgun that one Alliance.
  • Heals_With_Orbs
    Heals_With_Orbs
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it appears that in GH campaign, its AD and DC vs EP, the "green team" as they are lovingly referred to.

Ok, people have stated that in the past it was the other way around etc, but the bottom line is, its not really good PVP when its 2 vs 1, because its not really fair.

You will get people commenting with replies like "yes, but this happens in real life, countries forming an alliance to defeat a common enemy" but, in "real life" people can run out the back, jump on horse and retreat, or pull out a different weapon etc - but we cant do that in PVP can we, because you get the "stuck in combat" bug.

In my opinion, its not really an alliance war is it. I find it strange how for example AD totally ignore the fact DC have one of their scrolls, but instead of trying to take that back, are more interested in joining up to have a scrap in a keep against EP.

A lot of these players aren't really playing the campaign, but are there just to be a nuisance, and perhaps some of them are logging on as AD / DC when it pop locked, just to thwart EP at all costs.

As I said above, its been the other way around in the past - but my point is I don't think its right whoever does it.

I think a 4th alliance could make it more interesting, like a Dark Brotherhood alliance, or Molag Bal's army etc.

A possible solution to the cross faction exploiters, and ganging up could be to impose a penalty on the alliance, so they lose AP if they join in after the other alliance has say for example started attacking a keep, or they wander in to "help out their buddies". Maybe they should lose half of their resistances, or some kind of other penalty to put them off

I've seen it many times, DC are losing a battle, and guess what....oooh....a AD ball group comes in....
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it appears that in GH campaign, its AD and DC vs EP, the "green team" as they are lovingly referred to.

Ok, people have stated that in the past it was the other way around etc, but the bottom line is, its not really good PVP when its 2 vs 1, because its not really fair.

You will get people commenting with replies like "yes, but this happens in real life, countries forming an alliance to defeat a common enemy" but, in "real life" people can run out the back, jump on horse and retreat, or pull out a different weapon etc - but we cant do that in PVP can we, because you get the "stuck in combat" bug.

In my opinion, its not really an alliance war is it. I find it strange how for example AD totally ignore the fact DC have one of their scrolls, but instead of trying to take that back, are more interested in joining up to have a scrap in a keep against EP.

A lot of these players aren't really playing the campaign, but are there just to be a nuisance, and perhaps some of them are logging on as AD / DC when it pop locked, just to thwart EP at all costs.

As I said above, its been the other way around in the past - but my point is I don't think its right whoever does it.

I think a 4th alliance could make it more interesting, like a Dark Brotherhood alliance, or Molag Bal's army etc.

A possible solution to the cross faction exploiters, and ganging up could be to impose a penalty on the alliance, so they lose AP if they join in after the other alliance has say for example started attacking a keep, or they wander in to "help out their buddies". Maybe they should lose half of their resistances, or some kind of other penalty to put them off

I've seen it many times, DC are losing a battle, and guess what....oooh....a AD ball group comes in....

AD doesn't team up with anyone, what are you talking about? If that was the case, the map wouldn't be evenly split between EP and DC damn near everyday around 4pm.
    In GH and BR it's 110% Team Purple
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD doesn't team up with anyone, what are you talking about? If that was the case, the map wouldn't be evenly split between EP and DC damn near everyday around 4pm.
    In GH and BR it's 110% Team Purple

Late night PST, for the past 2 years , 85% of the time its AD and DC ganging up on EP = Team Green.The point is, it happens to all the factions at some point in the 24 hour cycle. Lately every night DC is poplocked and EP 1-2 bars. It just isnt fun gameplay, 70+ zergling blob rolling into Chal with its 10 EP defenders.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need 2 not 4.... Once you have more than two teams, pvp becomes somewhat paradoxical. Though some may argue it to be more interesting, it in fact losing competitive value which I feel makes things less interesting. I know this is casual PvP, but we should still have 2 team options in all areas of PvP
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to see them add some fun war machines like chariots or a war mount with transformed toggled abilities like the hammer/werewolf. Also add some omega strong bosses guarding the scrolls and tri-keeps. A least in active campaigns
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am ok if two alliances gang up on one....because they choose to do this. Choice is good.

Regardless, I always see the map changing between blue red and yellow.

That's what guilds are for.

Or....understand the Lore and see want suits your virtual values the most.

I did not understand the game when I chose my faction. And just have fun.

Z
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    There should be a Floating population limit, two factions can only bring in a number of playhers = to the least populated faction. when the least populated has 10 or 20 people waiting in line then the popullation cap can be raised for all 3, when it drops for one then the population cap drops for all.