The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

pvp no fun before 6pm EST

Rlacoste
Rlacoste
✭✭✭
kp7id8pqndpc.png

Imagine wanting to play a game but just can't? Imagine paying for said game?
Being in Canada I can not PVP certain times of the day. Why? Well I do not enjoy being 1vs40ed so I no longer log on. I also no longer pay a sub.
Imagine placing all the players in one faction and exploiting time factors. NA server should be for NA only. If one faction can exploit an empty server to win campaigns the other players should what? Help me solve my problem. Do I switch factions? Don't want to. Do I just not play? Not fair. There are grps from EU servers that join NA servers because it runs better. So NA players get punished. Not cool.
You all know who you are and you're causing players to quit a game that is on deaths door. ZoS don't care but you should. Help making Cyro fun for all, not just for YOU!

We all have to deal with bugs(lots of), skills not working(not from lag) just not working, Necro heals comes to mind, the mender I think. works sometimes. Plenty of desyncs, stuttering, doors don't open, and the onslaught of exploits, cheaters(yes players use scripts) butwe deal with it and play on, why? Cause we love the game.

Zos can't come up with a solution or they just ignore them. HELPPPPP!! lol
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eso is not on death's door

you could just go to another campaign if gray host is too full.

neither servers should only be for europe or north america as those aren't the only places in the world where eso players live.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    Rlacoste wrote: »
    kp7id8pqndpc.png

Being in Canada I can not PVP certain times of the day. Why? Well I do not enjoy being 1vs40ed so I no longer log on. I also no longer pay a sub.
    Imagine placing all the players in one faction and exploiting time factors. NA server should be for NA only. If one faction can exploit an empty server to win campaigns the other players should what? Help me solve my problem. Do I switch factions? Don't want to. Do I just not play? Not fair. There are grps from EU servers that join NA servers because it runs better. So NA players get punished. Not cool.
    You all know who you are and you're causing players to quit a game that is on deaths door. ZoS don't care but you should. Help making Cyro fun for all, not just for YOU!

We all have to deal with bugs(lots of), skills not working(not from lag) just not working, Necro heals comes to mind, the mender I think. works sometimes. Plenty of desyncs, stuttering, doors don't open, and the onslaught of exploits, cheaters(yes players use scripts) butwe deal with it and play on, why? Cause we love the game.

I'm from Australia.

So what server should I play on?

ZOS wont give us an oceanic server, so its either NA or EU.

NA is better ping, frame rates for us than EU.

So all those people who you are complaining about are Oceanic players.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you even know they're EU players and not players from other countries who have no server like Asia and Australia.

Or even just Americans who can log on during the day?

And even if they are EU players, it's not like a combined effort to all move server and join the same faction.

There's always one alliance that's bigger than the others. Happened since day 1.
    Edited by Brrrofski on 24 May 2023 07:09
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on PC NA i commonly see red as the ones taking over certain camps, there are times i log in and blackreach is poplocked for red and the other factions have 1-2 bars (this is speaking outside of the event)

restricting the server strictly to NA wont fix the issue either, there are still NA people that play late at night, or due to their work play late night/early morning

im personally a night owl and on weekends am sometimes in cyro until 4 am eastern time
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    johnjetau wrote: »
    Rlacoste wrote: »
    kp7id8pqndpc.png

I'm from Australia.

So what server should I play on?

ZOS wont give us an oceanic server, so its either NA or EU.

NA is better ping, frame rates for us than EU.

So all those people who you are complaining about are Oceanic players.

Only because you are from Australia doesnt mean everyone playing at that time is from Australia. And why does every „player from Australia“ play for the same faction, runs with faction stack, PvDoors empty keeps, zergs down defenders and runs away from 1v1? Why dont they split on all factions and do competitive PvP?
    Everytime someone implys one faction zerging in off hours might be a problem „players from Australia“ complain players wanted to forbid them to pvp and turn off PvP whenever they are not online because they are so egocentric, althought „players from Australia“ are forbiding other faction offhour players to PvP themselve by zerging them out of Cyrodiil. Players dont want to forbid players in other timezones to play, they only dont want loose campaign because other factions are taking whole map at night or morning without resistance and dont want get zerged when playing in offhours.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are disregarding human nature. Most folks play PVP on whatever faction is full. If they do want to play for a specific faction, they check other campaigns to find a better matchup. Most people don't all wake up and say "we are gonna play DC today!" unless they are in a guild that is strictly single faction PVP, like Wolves of Fenris for AD. There are also hot times and cold times for various factions across campaigns. Even as a casual PVP player I know that my faction is awake from 10:00 to like 16:00, until EP and DC start logging on. The momentum swings during the overnight hours and I know to stay away or join one of the full factions.

If you want to run a specific alliance, join a guild for it, organize some runs and profit. Or just go IC or BG and enjoy solo play. You have options.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP. There are BGs. Granted, during off-peak hours the queue will take a big longer. Unlike Cyrodiil that form of PvP is intended to be competitive.

Also, any game that has an open-world large-scale PvP map similar to Cyrodiil will have peak times and off-peak times that is just a fact of life.
    You are disregarding human nature. Most folks play PVP on whatever faction is full.

I have never been in a guild that looked to see which alliance was full to decide where to play. I doubt most people PvP on whatever faction is full because it is full. If anyone has information to the contrary please link it in this thread.

• TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said guild, clearly, in your response. Solo players who are not in a guild or an organized group think differently. As far as an example, one of my guilds is a prime one. When we are deciding on a pop up PVP run, we decide on which faction is fullest unless we are explicitly hunting for low pop bonuses.

I will not link my private conversations to satisfy an arbitrary condition in a forum post.

The majority of people will choose the easy option, 5 decades of life experience tells me this in general, 3 decades of gaming experience tells me the same in regard to play.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You said guild, clearly, in your response. Solo players who are not in a guild or an organized group think differently. As far as an example, one of my guilds is a prime one. When we are deciding on a pop up PVP run, we decide on which faction is fullest unless we are explicitly hunting for low pop bonuses.

I will not link my private conversations to satisfy an arbitrary condition in a forum post.

The majority of people will choose the easy option, 5 decades of life experience tells me this in general, 3 decades of gaming experience tells me the same in regard to play.

That is because I usually run with a guild. My guild could care less because we tear it up when we are outnumbered. Even when I run solo I could care less which alliance is maxed.

I can easily say a majority of players could care less which alliance has the larger pollution. Proving me wrong is a challenge. It is the way things are when we lack actual information to support our claims making it easy to make such bold claims.

and I do expect there are some who prefer to be carried by being with the alliance that outnumbers the other sides as you suggest. Yet others are loyal to an alliance and then there are those who want the challenge vs being carried.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally dont enjoy playing on an outnumbered alliance, the other faction will just push you back to the gates, and then even if you try to take resources or home keeps, you get zerged down

i usually prefer when the populations are somewhat closer to being balanced, or my faction being slightly overpop compared to other factions

when your in the underpop faction, if your playing solo, you have little hope of making decent AP, if your running with a group during low pop, sure you could do great on the AP gains, but if your solo in a heavily outnumbered campaign you wont be able to do anything

the moment you take a resource, literally anyone on the dominating faction looking for a fight is going to assume your a tower camper and attempt to zerg you down

i only have AD toons, and i main play in blackreach, but if the pop is out of whack (like sometimes ive been on its 1-2 bar yellow, 1-2 bar blue, and 3 bar or poplock for red), i dont even bother and just queue for grey host
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy AvA play. It's great fun to have a huge fight over a keep when the sides are approximately even. You can fight for an hour as a big group, cooperating, 40, 50 people working together. Win or lose it is a great experience. In Midyear mayhem when we had full populations most times, we had any good fights. Its a unique cooperative gaming experience. Its fun.

But, in NA GH, since I moved to PST a few years ago this is very rare. When I log on ~10:30, 95% of time over the last 2 years one faction is poplocked and mine is 1-2 bars. Of course there are rarely groups as usual on EP. There are no guilds. Then 70 players from the poplocked faction (recently its been DC, in past AD) come and take the keep from 15 EP. We put up a fight, maybe even kill dozens of them, but the result is a foregone conclusion.

The other thing that happens many nights is AD and DC combine to take all our keeps, 7 bars vs 2 eg.

This just isnt fun, there is no solution, it happens to every alliance at different times, its been discussed endlessly. But I've had enough of it. (And no, you can't have my stuff, its all bound/no drop ;)
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA