Redguards still need help.

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
These are some tweaks I would like to see made to the Redguards's passives. Hopefully, they will be seen as reasonable among the devs. They keep in mind the Redguards's reputation for endurance (stamina return) and discipline (reduced ability cost).
"The Redguards of Hammerfell are talented and athletic warriors, born to battle. A desert people, their ancestors migrated to Tamriel from the lost continent of Yokuda. Their culture is based on preserving ancient traditions and defying their harsh environment. They prize honor and dignity above all else, combining a deep reverence for the divine with a suspicion of all things magical. Their capital is the merchant port of Sentinel, but their roots are deep in the sands of the Alik'r Desert. In their youth, Redguards endure a rite of passage in the desolate wastes of Alik'r as a test of endurance and discipline. Only the strongest survive." https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Redguard

PASSIVES:

Wayfarer - Increases your experience gain with the One Hand and Shield skill line by 15%. Increases the duration of any eaten food by 15 minutes.

*Martial Training - Reduces the stamina cost of your abilities by 6%. Reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 15%.
Redguards need help as a stamina sustain race. Reduced stamina cost across the board seems fitting.

Conditioning - Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.

*Adrenaline Rush - Increases your stamina recovery by 130. When you deal or take damage, you restore 248 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 3 seconds.
A big problem with the old version of this passive is that it was way too active, requiring you to spend resources to get resources back. It causes problems when you're not in a position to deal damage. No damage; no sustain. This change makes the "adrenaline rush" passive more "passive" and is still tied to being in combat. This also reinforces their reputation for endurance, "the ability to withstand hardship or adversity."
Edited by StarOfElyon on 23 March 2024 13:36
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭
    Those changes would be nice indeed. Considering my main character is a Redguard Stamden (a great choice for a PvE DD, I know), I'd welcome any buffs to the race.

Lore-wise, I don't think it would be too far-fetched to replace the reduced effectives to snares from Martial Training with a small critical chance buff too. Considering Redguards are well-trained and disciplined warriors, one can imagine that they'd be able to find an opening in their opponent's defense and strike at the right time (translating into a critical hit). Or something like that, anyways.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    Those changes would be nice indeed. Considering my main character is a Redguard Stamden (a great choice for a PvE DD, I know), I'd welcome any buffs to the race.

Lore-wise, I don't think it would be too far-fetched to replace the reduced effectives to snares from Martial Training with a small critical chance buff too. Considering Redguards are well-trained and disciplined warriors, one can imagine that they'd be able to find an opening in their opponent's defense and strike at the right time (translating into a critical hit). Or something like that, anyways.

If I was to choose any potential damage passive for the Redguards to receive, it would probably be a boost to weapon passives.
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭
    Oh nice, that would be good (and fitting) too. I'd definitely like it.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These are what Warrior passives look like:
    Increases your weapon damage by 258
    Reduces the cost of Sprint by 12% and increases the Movement Speed bonus of Sprint by 10%
    Grants 1000 Max Health. When you deal damage, you heal for 2125 Health. This can occur once every 4 seconds.

Redguard passives are geared towards sustain, and few people need much sustain these days. Waiting for a META shift back to these being useful could be an indefinite wait.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Roylund
    Roylund
    ✭✭
    This is what I came up with in this thread

Martial Training - Reduces the cost of weapon abilities by 12% Doubles the bonuses obtained from weapons ONLY when using weapon skills.

Weapon cost reduction is far more specific than magicka or stamina reduction. The bonus should be much higher than what Bretons and Imperials have. If Redguards are martial masters and fearsome warriors then they should also have bonuses tied to how destructively they wield those weapons. Do sword swings just feel lighter to them or are they actually employing their expertise to deal more damage? Doubling weapon bonuses like mace pen, sword dmg, dagger crit, etc. I think is fair in light that Redguards have ZERO defensive bonuses (no resistance of any kind, no health passive), that the bonus is lost upon switching to a different weapon, and that the bonus only applies to weapon skills. The number itself could be tweaked but the idea should remain.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS. I'm begging. Get Redguards out of the trashbin.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adrenaline Rush - When you deal damage, you restore up to 1005 Stamina and gain upto 258 weapon and spell damage for 6 seconds. Stamina and damage gain are inversed propotional to your missing stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

If you are max stamina all the time you gain others' max 258 damage bonus. If you lack sustain you get balanced sustain. If you are totaly drained you just get some stam.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are what Warrior passives look like:
    Increases your weapon damage by 258
    Reduces the cost of Sprint by 12% and increases the Movement Speed bonus of Sprint by 10%
    Grants 1000 Max Health. When you deal damage, you heal for 2125 Health. This can occur once every 4 seconds.

Redguard passives are geared towards sustain, and few people need much sustain these days. Waiting for a META shift back to these being useful could be an indefinite wait.

If it did, no one would use RG still because weapon cost reduction was ill conceived from its conceptiion in 2019 and the stam return every 5s is only in combat. Even if it was 100% uptime, it's not stronger than Wood Elfs Regen after multipliers and they have pen/movement speed/detection range which isn't matched remotely by 15% snare reduction.

I said it then, I'll say it now, the longer the game receives content, the less potent that 8% cost reduction becomes because more options become available the further they expand the game. This couldn't be more true with Scribing on the horizon, but it was especially evident when hybridization came about.

It's not 2017, stam builds aren't running 4-6 weapon skills anymore. The only way RG had a chance of squeeking ahead of Wood Elf is when every single build for pve had Volley, Poison Injection, Balista, Rending Slashes, Whirling Blades, Deadly Cloak, and Flurry slotted... now, I can barely make space for a single weapon skill, why would I ever use Redguard?
    Edited by MashmalloMan on 28 January 2024 00:44
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, I'm kinda salty the Orcs got the speed passive and not the Redguards. The snare reduction is barely noticeable.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on 23 March 2024 13:37
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As has been suggested repeatedly, they should have a bonus to weapon traits like the Heartland Conqueror set.
    That's flexible and on point.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS can't buff redguards without being accused of manipulating racial balance to sell race change tokens. As a result, they probably won't do it, no matter how necessary it might be.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    As has been suggested repeatedly, they should have a bonus to weapon traits like the Heartland Conqueror set.
    That's flexible and on point.

And I have agreed with that in the past.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are some tweaks I would like to see made to the Redguards's passives. Hopefully, they will be seen as reasonable among the devs. They keep in mind the Redguards's reputation for endurance (stamina return) and discipline (reduced ability cost).
    "The Redguards of Hammerfell are talented and athletic warriors, born to battle. A desert people, their ancestors migrated to Tamriel from the lost continent of Yokuda. Their culture is based on preserving ancient traditions and defying their harsh environment. They prize honor and dignity above all else, combining a deep reverence for the divine with a suspicion of all things magical. Their capital is the merchant port of Sentinel, but their roots are deep in the sands of the Alik'r Desert. In their youth, Redguards endure a rite of passage in the desolate wastes of Alik'r as a test of endurance and discipline. Only the strongest survive." https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Redguard

PASSIVES:

Wayfarer - Increases your experience gain with the One Hand and Shield skill line by 15%. Increases the duration of any eaten food by 15 minutes.

*Martial Training - Reduces the stamina cost of your abilities by 6%. Reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 15%.
    Redguards need help as a stamina sustain race. Reduced stamina cost across the board seems fitting.

Conditioning - Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.

*Adrenaline Rush - Increases your stamina recovery by 130. When you deal or take damage, you restore 248 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 3 seconds.
    A big problem with the old version of this passive is that it was way too active, requiring you to spend resources to get resources back. It causes problems when you're not in a position to deal damage. No damage; no sustain. This change makes the "adrenaline rush" passive more "passive" and is still tied to being in combat. This also reinforces their reputation for endurance, "the ability to withstand hardship or adversity."

I altered my post and gave a flat recovery bonus to their adrenaline rush passive. I adjusted the stamina return when dealing AND taking damage. I took into account the flat recovery. I did some mathing and I believe this gives them roughly the same amount of stamina return as the current passive without being as punishing for not hitting a target every five seconds.

Edit: PLEASE listen ZOS. These changes will help what is objectively the worst race to play. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by StarOfElyon on 23 March 2024 13:45