The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Infinite Break Free in Cyrodiil

Dr_Con
Dr_Con
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I ran into a glitch yesterday where I was unable to bash with RMB+LMB because it would force me to break free instead. When looking over my footage I saw no discernable time when I got the glitch, but I suspect it happened after I got double dawnbreakered.

The glitch on its own seems harmless, but you are able to break free at any time, which means you get to choose when your CC immunity starts. The only way to fix this bug is to leave cyrodiil, everything from roll dodging, unequipting items, to dying (even dying with the hammer!) didn't work to fix it, like they may with other bugs.

When you combine this bug with a bug like the invisible AOE glitch which only occurs after a break free, it can further lead to devastating consequences in Cyrodiil from an individual (invisible negate, invisible DK standard).

I will say, however, that breaking free from actual stuns was never easier with this bug active- my break free timing was so on point last night despite the lag.

As with most bugs in Cyrodiil, the solution is to zone out and back in (but why would you when the queue is 60 minutes and the bug enables you to break free at will?). It would be nice if we could distill this instance-swap fix down to a single action that doesn't require leaving the zone.
Edited by Dr_Con on 21 May 2023 18:11