The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I can't find the buffs for nightblades in 9.0.4 patch note ..

• Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weckless wrote: »
    Zastrix wrote: »
    I don't mean hybrid as in mixing attributes. Basicslly you'd most likely put your points in magicka, and use dw with concealed and if you wanted use vma bow/2h or brp dw back bar. Ive done it with brp dw and vma staff back bar with dw front bar and it works well

So then you're essentially saying to not play as a stamblade? A TL;DR of your comments would be:

> Stamblades need a buff as they're underperforming
    > Just play magblade bro

Thanks but no thanks. Magblades are just super meh and I can't use rushing agony well w/ 'em in PvE content. I'm happy with the skills I have as a stamblade, just need the darn passives so I'm on similar grounds as other classes.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. If you aren't getting what you want and you believe you're underperforming then just play the spec that is literally no different playstyle wise. If you saw a melee magblade and a stamblade parsing next to eachother you literally couldn't tell the difference if they used a similiar build. Theres no reason you cant use rush of agony on magblade. Vma 2h with stampede is already used on tons of builds and procs rush of agony

Except for sustain? On a parse there's no difference as I've stated but not everything is a parse. Saying "just don't use stam" isn't really a fix to a problem stamblades have now is it?

I've tried on PTS to play a magblade but it just doesn't work. I can't sustain the hell out of it when I'm parsing on a dummy with 100% uptime let alone without them.
    Edited by Zastrix on 27 May 2023 21:08
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    o4ry0o49cjeu.png
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean hybrid as in mixing attributes. Basicslly you'd most likely put your points in magicka, and use dw with concealed and if you wanted use vma bow/2h or brp dw back bar. Ive done it with brp dw and vma staff back bar with dw front bar and it works well

So then you're essentially saying to not play as a stamblade? A TL;DR of your comments would be:

> Stamblades need a buff as they're underperforming
    > Just play magblade bro

Thanks but no thanks. Magblades are just super meh and I can't use rushing agony well w/ 'em in PvE content. I'm happy with the skills I have as a stamblade, just need the darn passives so I'm on similar grounds as other classes.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. If you aren't getting what you want and you believe you're underperforming then just play the spec that is literally no different playstyle wise. If you saw a melee magblade and a stamblade parsing next to eachother you literally couldn't tell the difference if they used a similiar build. Theres no reason you cant use rush of agony on magblade. Vma 2h with stampede is already used on tons of builds and procs rush of agony

Except for sustain? On a parse there's no difference as I've stated but not everything is a parse. Saying "just don't use stam" isn't really a fix to a problem stamblades have now is it?

I've tried on PTS to play a magblade but it just doesn't work. I can't sustain the hell out of it when I'm parsing on a dummy with 100% uptime let alone without them.

Why not just use rush of Agony jewelry and fit in more light. I'm just saying that because it doesn't look like stamblade is getting any buffs and there is a way to play that i believe you could enjoy until you feel they do get balanced out
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »
    People saying “get over it,” aren’t really sensitive to what it feels like to have something you’ve fallen in love with be taken away.

Sure they are.

Anyone who has played this game for a non-trivial amount of time knows exactly what this feels like. It is basically a rite of passage. There's a reason why that "First time?" meme at the gallows shows up after every Week 1 PTS Notes gets posted. In any given patch someone is getting nerfed and they're getting nerfed hard.

However, it's like any other disappointment in life, you learn from it and you move on. Otherwise, you just stay salty and who has time for that?

Anytime a class gets nerfed it's hard. Not everyone has the time to dedicate to building multiple characters. It takes significant time to get skill points and to level all necessary skills and buff skills. I play a sorc, templar, Necro, and NB. My templar is just a healer now, my sorc is doing okay, my poor poor Necro, and now NB. I don't really want to waste days and potentially weeks leveling up a DK. I have one that I got to around 40 but I just don't find their playstyle appealing.

So telling people to get over it isn't helpful. It is frustrating getting a class you spent a lot of time on nerfed into the ground. It is okay for them to want balance. One class should not reign supreme for two years.
    Edited by AuraNebula on 27 May 2023 23:39
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some people who only have one character, and are, thanks to some archaic policy regarding class change tokens, locked into a specific class. Those are edge cases, but they do exist. Telling someone to just switch classes or play another character isn't always helpful.

Of course, but those are self-imposed limitations at this point (due to global achievements). Everyone has multiple character slots for free, so paying money isn't even a viable argument against it.

If someone only plays one class and they don't like the situation of that class, they can either:

1. Be angry about it while hate-playing their main

2. Try another class until patch notes smile upon their main again

I know which one that I would do. Life is too short to hate-play anything, especially as recreation.

And playing on other classes tends to make one a better player with a more fully formed understanding of the game. But everyone's mileage will vary, I suppose.

I have to agree with this. It is not a big deal to roll a new character. Anyone genuinely interested in playing a different class will do so.

In fact, it will take less time to roll a multipole of each class than the wait for a class change token to be added to the game.

Each of us makes our choice on the matter.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried out magblade for a day. Parse wise I hit 110k but content wise it doesn't work well at least with the dw/2h way of playing, sustain on stam can be bad and you can well not roll dodge or block on time because of it. Might be a skill issue on my part but it's different to play 100% & I don't enjoy it tbh.

Edit: Trying out again so I'm not biased. Ofc this is on live with my main dd.
    Edited by Zastrix on 30 May 2023 20:32
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rolling a new character is NOT a solution, I won't drop my main because ZoS decided to trash it for absolute no reason.

I am actually shocked they even commented about it or even touched/tested it yet.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never said it was a solution and I'm 100% on board on you and stamblades need a buff. I did try the other way of playing it to not be super biased because I've never tried a mag build. Same character just different morphs / enchants. Stamblade is still my cup of tea and I enjoy it more / don't plan on being a mag build ever.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wrecked blade parses with the change to concealed but left the pvp side alone, why? That makes zero sense. It was pvp that was asking for the nerf.. what the heck
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on 9 June 2023 02:56
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    Eliran wrote: »
    Rolling a new character is NOT a solution, I won't drop my main because ZoS decided to trash it for absolute no reason.

I am actually shocked they even commented about it or even touched/tested it yet.

Everyone has to deal with it dude. Nerfs are something everyone has had to go through at one point or another. You can either roll something else or deal with it that's all there is to it
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Concealed Weapon" has "your damage done is increased by 10%" and "increasing your Movement Speed by 15%".
    "Surprise Attack" has "the Sundered status effect".
    Don't you feel "game balance is bad" comparing these two?

Need move Concealed Weapon's "your damage done is increased by 10%" to Veiled Strike (base skill).

I'm not asking you to do anything difficult.
    "Play how you like" requires "game balance".