The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frozen Gate pulling people off platform in IC

blktauna
blktauna
✭✭✭✭✭
Someone on AD in PCEU is managing to use Frozen Gate or the equivalent to pull people off the spawn platforms. I was under the impression this was suppressed in IC.
PCNA
PCEU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a section on the spawn platform in the districts that's safe. If you stand in it, you should also be silenced and unable to cast anything.

There's also space on the spawn platform where you aren't silenced and where you can fire skills down at mobs or enemy players below. Those aren't safe. I've had Ogrim throw rocks at me up there. And, well, ZOS very reasonably doesn't let me snipe from complete safety, and I've been knocked down before when I was pew-pewing an enemy zerg.

So I guess I'd ask where you were at on the spawn platform. The silenced area is supposed to be safe. The rest of it is not, with the general idea that if you can engage others, they can engage you.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said I was under the impression pulls were not allowed in IC or we'd have DKs chaining folks off platforms at every turn. The warden was on the floor and the grabees were in various areas of the platform, not as far back as the blue/silenced area.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    As I said I was under the impression pulls were not allowed in IC or we'd have DKs chaining folks off platforms at every turn. The warden was on the floor and the grabees were in various areas of the platform, not as far back as the blue/silenced area.

That's not the case. You can be pulled down and knocked off those platforms in the non-safe areas because otherwise you'd have free reign to snipe down at players from perfect safety. Or to cheese the Arena District daily with zero risk. The same is true of Cyrodiil keep walls - you can be pulled down if you aren't careful, but ZOS generally frowns on people getting up there improperly.

Now, DK chains is a slightly different beast because of the morph that let's players chain up to you. ZOS generally doesn't allow players to chain or leap up to places they aren't supposed to get to, and as a result Chains (and DK dragon leap) was nerfed until it doesn't work well with any sort of elevation difference.

There was also a past exploit with Fozen Gate, but that involved pulling people up into the spawn points so they were insta-killed by environmental damage, but that doesn't seem to what you're talking about.

So as a rule of thumb, ZOS doesn't like players getting up where they aren't supposed to be. ZOS doesn't mind players getting pulled down when they weren't actually in a safe zone.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing this on my Warden healer waiting for que. Hilarious stuff, you could feel the panic when they land next to you lol.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that too (and also it was AD player on PC EU). I did not thought it is possible either since you need to aim up and landing aoe skill on top of the platform that is above you is kinda impossible. If it is possible, then I hope that at least it is tricky to do. Otherwise it will spread like a plague.

In Cyro stuff like that is blocked so that people would not gap-close onto enemy keep walls etc. I thought same thing is present in IC.

I can understand people shooting down - because I can shoot up and still "Snipe" them back. But knocking people down or gap-closing on them ? That is new. ZOS must have had changed something again.

But still... If someone is doing things like this in IC deliberately, during an event when people just go there because they want to have "an event ticket" and they don't jump down because they don't like PvP...
    ...then I don't even have a description that would be despicable, profane and blasphemous enough to describe such person & behaviour. You. Are. The. Worst... Thing.

Seriously. I am not trying to bait but what kind of degenerate one would need to be to think that this is cool to do ?

People wonder "Oh, why IC is dead empty zone ?" Well... that is why lol. Because it draws um... "people" like this...

It hurts PvP as any potential new players that visit IC for the 1st time will simply never set their foot there ever again.

My advice for people who just try to get evet ticket - just hold block. Attack a mob with ranged spamable & hold block just in case. It should prevent most CCs being applied to you.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 16 May 2023 13:58
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that too (and also it was AD player on PC EU). I did not thought it is possible either since you need to aim up and landing aoe skill on top of the platform that is above you is kinda impossible. If it is possible, then I hope that at least it is tricky to do. Otherwise it will spread like a plague.

In Cyro stuff like that is blocked so that people would not gap-close onto enemy keep walls etc. I thought same thing is present in IC.

I can understand people shooting down - because I can shoot up and still "Snipe" them back. But knocking people down or gap-closing on them ? That is new. ZOS must have had changed something again.

But still... If someone is doing things like this in IC deliberately, during an event when people just go there because they want to have "an event ticket" and they don't jump down because they don't like PvP...
    ...then I don't even have a description that would be despicable, profane and blasphemous enough to describe such person & behaviour. You. Are. The. Worst... Thing.

Seriously. I am not trying to bait but what kind of degenerate one would need to be to think that this is cool to do ?

People wonder "Oh, why IC is dead empty zone ?" Well... that is why lol. Because it draws um... "people" like this...

It hurts PvP as any potential new players that visit IC for the 1st time will simply never set their foot there ever again.

My advice for people who just try to get evet ticket - just hold block. Attack a mob with ranged spamable & hold block just in case. It should prevent most CCs being applied to you.

I mean, people literally sit up on the platforms and snipe kill players walking by or fighting bosses. I'd argue that the players using those "safe" spaces to attack other players should be open to all types of attacks from the players they are attacking.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also do this with pull sets. I believe it was DC I saw the other day pulling a couple of alliancemates down.

While people not in safe areas (meaning places where you get that blue glow) are of course not safe, neither do I think ground effects should be able to be placed several stories up from the caster. That’s not the ground vis-a-vis the caster.

Warden gate is also unique among skill pulls in that the game does NOT check if the player pulled will land next to the warden - or land safely at all. You cannot leash or chain someone if they do not have room to land in front of you on your level. The game will refuse to cast the skill in that case. Gate doesn’t have such a restriction, hence its usage to yeet people off bridges into the water in Cyro.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    warden gate and necromancer beckoning armor can pull from the tower

you definitely cant use these to pull enemies up to the tower

i havent tried it in awhile but NB shadow image used to let you port back up to the tower, if you used it before it expired and did not recast it out of range (i dont know if this was changed since i saw another thread about this)

if an enemy does do some kind of leap attack to get up to the tower, they are instantly killed (DK dragon leap, WW pounce can both get up there, but to do so would instantly kill you)

other pull sets dont have the kind of range to target up there such as dk chains or the fighters guild cross bow
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I mean, people literally sit up on the platforms and snipe kill players walking by or fighting bosses. I'd argue that the players using those "safe" spaces to attack other players should be open to all types of attacks from the players they are attacking.

It's actually quite satisfying to force cowards to fight. This discourages them from trying to get a few extra tel var off players while proclaiming they only came to IC to PvE for tickets. What drew me to the whole situation, was arrows hitting allies I was trying to heal while they fought a boss. The people shooting hide the minute they get any focus. So I sent some gates up there to discourage them from shooting and hiding. It worked very well, and like I said its hilarious to see.

Aim just above/at the edge of the platform to get it to land. I've landed storm Atronachs up there before, same principle basically. The "soldiers" who hide and try to kill you in way that you can hardly counter or respond to are not degenerates - its the people creatively trying to stop that behavior and make them fight in a war that are degenerate lmao. Nobody here is a degenerate, take it easy... To me, its the same as a Templar spear or other knock back that pushes you off the edge - if the angle is right you can do the same thing with those.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's actually quite satisfying to force cowards to fight. This discourages them from trying to get a few extra tel var off players while proclaiming they only came to IC to PvE for tickets. What drew me to the whole situation, was arrows hitting allies I was trying to heal while they fought a boss. The people shooting hide the minute they get any focus. So I sent some gates up there to discourage them from shooting and hiding. It worked very well, and like I said its hilarious to see.

Aim just above/at the edge of the platform to get it to land. I've landed storm Atronachs up there before, same principle basically. The "soldiers" who hide and try to kill you in way that you can hardly counter or respond to are not degenerates - its the people creatively trying to stop that behavior and make them fight in a war that are degenerate lmao. Nobody here is a degenerate, take it easy... To me, its the same as a Templar spear or other knock back that pushes you off the edge - if the angle is right you can do the same thing with those.

there are plenty of times i hang out on the tower just because im annoyed at the state of the respawns being dependent on flags

i know its kind of trolly, but people dont have to get too close to the tower, and there are other doors to go through

i always silently applaud to the people that get creative in forcing me off the tower lol, since i try to stay in a position that makes it very difficult to use knockback to get me down from the tower

and playing from the tower also allows me to see the most effective ways to counter a tower player from the ground

i like to learn from my deaths lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there are plenty of times i hang out on the tower just because im annoyed at the state of the respawns being dependent on flags

i know its kind of trolly, but people dont have to get too close to the tower, and there are other doors to go through

i always silently applaud to the people that get creative in forcing me off the tower lol, since i try to stay in a position that makes it very difficult to use knockback to get me down from the tower

and playing from the tower also allows me to see the most effective ways to counter a tower player from the ground

I think Memorial District may be the most egregious. The DC spawn is right next to the flags, overlooking the area where quests force you to go. And, more often than not, fighting at the flag, or of the roaming boss, spills out into the middle area in front of the flag. And DC players will just sit up there and snipe, nearly untouchable. Or build up their ults at will and repeatedly bomb the groups fighting below. It's just a bit too cheesy and being able to drag them off the unreachable platform seems like a reasonable mechanic.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Memorial District may be the most egregious. The DC spawn is right next to the flags, overlooking the area where quests force you to go. And, more often than not, fighting at the flag, or of the roaming boss, spills out into the middle area in front of the flag. And DC players will just sit up there and snipe, nearly untouchable. Or build up their ults at will and repeatedly bomb the groups fighting below. It's just a bit too cheesy and being able to drag them off the unreachable platform seems like a reasonable mechanic.

the AD spawn is next to the flag in the elven garden district, but personally from experience i found that area way too cramped to camp from

i preferred the tower from the arena because you basically have 360 vision of the surrounding area, and it there was more room when 2 zergs fought below the tower next to the door lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not new. The incident I was talking about when I got knocked down from the platform because I was sniping a zerg was several years ago. Come to think of it, the last time I tested the Arena cheese strat was also several years ago and I know the Ogrim NPCs could hit me up there too once I attacked them.

It's almost like ZOS does not intend for the platforms to be a safe spot to attack players or NPCs outside of the actual safe, silenced zone.

Here's the deal about the rest of it: If you're sitting up in the Arena tower wanting a safe shot at your event ticket, then sit on the safe, silenced zone. You can't be touched, you can't attack, and you'll eventually get your quest completed by the players nearby. It'll be slow, but that's the price of safety.

If you're not on the safe zone, then you and your Tel Var and your AP are fair game, period.

If new players can't handle being fair game in a PvPvE zone they willingly queued up for, I don't think they were going to enjoy Imperial City no matter what the PvPers did.