The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Just watched the new HtM video

ACamaroGuy
ACamaroGuy
✭✭✭
Ok, so the video was about the Oakensoul HA MagDen build. He uses the standard Sgt.'s Mail, Oakensoul & now Orders Wrath, good bye Storm Master. I am aware of the sets Mother's Sorrow & Back-Alley Gourmands which only come in light. The idea to HtM's build is to use one heavy, two medium & four light armor pieces.
1) will Orders Wrath replace Storm Master on ALL Oakensoul builds?
2) Infallible Mage & Noble Dualist Silks, will they be affected by any of the changes made in U38?
3) what about Kvatch Gladiator, would the fifth piece be viable in a HA build? Possibly better then Orders Wrath?
For the Empire
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is little to choose between two sets, the craftable one is easiest to obtain with the right traits, so preferable.

“Always” beats “chance of”, if the numbers say so, i.e. 100% chance of 20 damage is the same as 20% chance of 100 damage, in total expected, but you can count on the former, so it is preferred.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Serg Mail and Grave Inevitability on my MagDen HA build.

Pairs well with Serg which also has 5-stacks once every 0.5s so makes it clean and easy to see when your doing full damage on your heavy attack builds. Plus the shared Minor Force also makes it fairly nice for pugging dungeons.
    Edited by N3CR01 on 17 May 2023 23:26
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell Power Cure is also good on a Magden, if you're also running Green Lotus, or if most of your active skills are from Animal Companions. (Or, of course, if you're actually working as a healer.)

Also works on a Magblade, or on a sorcerer who's running Crit Surge.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i've been using order's wrath with oakensoul for almost a year
    it's an awesome set and it's great that it's craftable so you can choose the weight
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running a Warden with an ice staff for ages, switched to lightning with Seargent's and Orders Wrath.
    I really wish they made all staffs behave like Lightning in that it's a channel and you deal a constant stream of damage.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Amphithoe wrote: »
    I've been running a Warden with an ice staff for ages, switched to lightning with Seargent's and Orders Wrath.
    I really wish they made all staffs behave like Lightning in that it's a channel and you deal a constant stream of damage.

I could not agree with you more.
    For the Empire
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    Ok, so the video was about the Oakensoul HA MagDen build. He uses the standard Sgt.'s Mail, Oakensoul & now Orders Wrath, good bye Storm Master. I am aware of the sets Mother's Sorrow & Back-Alley Gourmands which only come in light. The idea to HtM's build is to use one heavy, two medium & four light armor pieces.
    1) will Orders Wrath replace Storm Master on ALL Oakensoul builds?
    2) Infallible Mage & Noble Dualist Silks, will they be affected by any of the changes made in U38?
    3) what about Kvatch Gladiator, would the fifth piece be viable in a HA build? Possibly better then Orders Wrath?

1) No. Not on all. There are some that will benefit, namely the classes with not much crit chance in it. Like Warden...
    2) No.
    3) You guessed it. No.
    read, think and write.In that order.